Selling displayed figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macbacca

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I'm getting to the point where I need to sell off some figures but was wondering, do you guys usually take a loss when selling figures or at least get what you paid? Trying to figure out how to price displayed figures with shipping costs. Thanks!

yes, almost always take a loss. if a figure is $100 new, you have to sell it at highest $80, lower depending on the condition of the item & completeness, including tapes on the boxes & foams inside the package.

It depends entirely on what the figure is and how much demand there is for it. Sometimes you make a loss, sometimes you make a profit. In my experience it pretty much evens out. Check completed ebay listings or see what folks here are selling them for in the commerce section.

It depends entirely on what the figure is and how much demand there is for it. Sometimes you make a loss, sometimes you make a profit. In my experience it pretty much evens out. Check completed ebay listings or see what folks here are selling them for in the commerce section.

Yes, by the time you factor in fees and shipping, you are lucky to make back initial investment. Anything recent is going to be less likely to be profitable.

It's figure specific. But the market has really fone down since they make multiple versions of the same character now and they also have a higher production run. You have to be selling something rare to make a profit- godfather, blade, davey jones, etc. Otherwise you'll be lucky to recoup the purchase price.

It's figure specific. But the market has really fone down since they make multiple versions of the same character now and they also have a higher production run. You have to be selling something rare to make a profit- godfather, blade, davey jones, etc. Otherwise you'll be lucky to recoup the purchase price.

That is true, but he might not have a choice from the sound of it. Just list them and do the best you can.

Back