Second Chance - Movies you once hated and now like

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Napoleon Dynamite - saw it in the theatres on a date and we both weren't sure if we were supposed to laugh, or feel sorry for the characters. On a second viewing on DVD I thought it was hilarious, and have found it funnier and funnier with every viewing.

Batman Forever.

Saw it in the theatres back in the day - never owned it, & hated it ever since.

I bought the 2 DVD set recently, & I don't mind it now. It has some good in there.

I didn't hate Indy IV or TDKR in theaters, but I did leave the theaters conflicted on what I'd seen. It only took another viewing of TDKR to like it. Indy IV is certainly harder to get into, but I'm there. I skipped the jungle chase by changing the kids diaper and not pausing it the last viewing. That certainly helps. I think that scene is the biggest detractor.

Pocahontas, coming of The Lion King, was a huge let down as a kid. Saw it and other Disney movies I'd never cared for as a kid and thought they were alright.

The Thin Red Line. It was the first (and only) movie I actually fell asleep during at the theatre. But then after a chance encounter with Malick's The New World, which I was mesmerized by, I caught it on HBO and appreciated it more and actually enjoyed it.

Napoleon Dynamite - saw it in the theatres on a date and we both weren't sure if we were supposed to laugh, or feel sorry for the characters. On a second viewing on DVD I thought it was hilarious, and have found it funnier and funnier with every viewing.

I guess I need to watch this again. I watched it once with my ex years ago and thought "was that funny"? It's sat on my shelf for 7 plus years unwatched since.

Riddick. When I saw it at the movies, I thought it was another embarrassment piled on top of Pitch Black, but the more I see it and even Chronicles of Riddick on satelite lately, I'm finding myself enjoying them even if they are a little over the top and a d r pasture f r om the Pitch Black tone.

Riddick. When I saw it at the movies, I thought it was another embarrassment piled on top of Pitch Black, but the more I see it and even Chronicles of Riddick on satelite lately, I'm finding myself enjoying them even if they are a little over the top and a d r pasture f r om the Pitch Black tone.

Though I like all three, I like Chronicles the best.

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation...
After watching the first I was expecting that it was going to be better and all but I left the theater feeling like I just watched the worst movie of all time along with ballistic ecks vs sever, but now it's too funny to watch

Nothing in that movie makes sense... But "too bad you will die!!!" lol

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

Yeah, I just can't get into Lebowski at all.
Yeah, ****ing that movie.

Batman Returns. I didnt like it for a long time. Several years past and then I watched it with an open mind and kinda enjoyed it. I can't believe how many sexual innuendos there is in that movie. Its kind of ridiculous. I won't even let my kids watch it. I've warmed up to the Returns suit too. I've always liked the Penguin and Cat woman designs though. I actually prefer the Returns Penguin design then the comic version, I was never a big Penguin fan anyway.

The only movie I used to hate and now like is Dumb and Dumber. I used to think it was just plain stupid and not funny. Now days, I find it entertaining and some of the scenes are actually hilarious.

rambo 2008. still feel iffy about it but not much as before.

and

titanic. nah, eff it...i still hate that shat.:lol

Okay I thought of one:

Christmas Vacation

When I saw it in the theater I thought it was one of the most idiotic things I'd ever witnessed. Now I can't wait for it come on TV each year during the holidays.

I didn't hate it but when I first saw Serenity in the theater I didn't know about Firefly. I thought it was okay sci-fi flick but a lot of characters and story, Then a couple years later I was introduced to Firefly and loved it. Wow Serenity is so different once you love the characters.

Big Lebowski, Hellboy, Deathproof, and quite a few Horror movies.
A lot of times my expectations get in the way on my first viewing. Once I know what I'm getting into, the second viewing can completely change my opinion.

The Hobbit flicks. At first they were pure garbage.... and while not that great and easy to roll my eyes at, I find myself enjoying them more.

Like but not Love!

I liked the hobbit but with more views im starting to kind of hate it. specially the second one. that movie is kind of boring now

Back