Sea Monkeys, anyone had them?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happens when you put them in water? As soon as I made noises about buying some, I was told point blank by the adults who would be paying for them that they would suck, so after all these years I still have no idea what they are.

You pour the contents of the packets into these cheap little plastic containers filled w/ tap water. The particles makes a huge mess in the water (as there is nothing you can really do). After a day or so, these microscopic brine shrimp just swim around and that's about it. It's a huge waste of money.

I think they're actually brine shrimp, you can buy them from the pet store to feed to your fish.

I got them as a kid, had the little plastic container with magnification lenses built in. Said in the instructions they like the sun, so I put it on my windowsill, the magnification lenses fried them all.

StarTrekSpockFascinating1.jpg

No, really. I want some.

I might have to get some of these for my kids. I thought they were cool when I was young and had them.

Maybe they can be worked in to a 1:6 Star Wars diorama...like as the Emperor's aquarium.

Back