1/6 SDCC reveals thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far, nothing's really grabbed me. I would like to get Mantis and maybe IW Drax if they go up for order, but I'm not terribly excited for them. The Endgame stuff is mostly a pass, since I have the ones from the movie that I want already on pre-order (Nebula having been my biggest want). Except maybe Rocket, but is he not on display currently?

A surprise Okoye, and maybe even a Mysterio, would've been more exciting to me.

I just can't get excited about Caps and Iron Mans anymore, I guess.

So far, nothing's really grabbed me. I would like to get Mantis and maybe IW Drax if they go up for order, but I'm not terribly excited for them. The Endgame stuff is mostly a pass, since I have the ones from the movie that I want already on pre-order (Nebula having been my biggest want). Except maybe Rocket, but is he not on display currently?

Rocket is displayed with Iron patriot.
So far I want the battle damaged 85, iron patriot maybe with rocket and fat Thor once he is announced. Also really digging Yon-Rogg. Drax and Mantis would be cool too but only so I can complete the guardians. If I get them it’d be way down the line.

Last edited:
Maybe that's why I missed Rocket. I didn't really look at pics for Iron Patriot.

I'm shocked that rocket still isn't up for preorder yet, considering how long ago that prototype was revealed. I wonder if they're planning on doing a 2-pack release with someone else like they did w/ Groot previously.

I'm surprised there isnt a thread dedicated to what we are buying thats being shown at sdcc. Personally I have a bunch :)

I'm gonna pick up the BD 85 to go with my regular 85, and wait for a repaint of Patriot.

Aside from that and the earlier Endgame War Machine, I think that's it for me for now. Can't really see my collection growing much more after this now that IM and WM are out of the spotlight. Although we're probably gonna get Square Enix Avengers figures so that'll be something for the future.

If so, I hope that's optional. I really want this version of Rocket, but I don't want to be forced to pay extra for the Quantum suit.

Agreed. Paying extra for a quantum suit would make it a no-go for me. I have no interest in any QS figures.

To me, they only make sense in a display together. But I don't even like look of them very much. Too much sameness. They worked in the movie for their purpose, but beyond that, they're really "meh" to me.

To me, they only make sense in a display together. But I don't even like look of them very much. Too much sameness. They worked in the movie for their purpose, but beyond that, they're really "meh" to me.

yep. Exactly how i feel as well. Warmachine with quantum suit would be weird honestly.

I guess hulk could work by himself but thats it.

This might be the most disappointing SDCC in memory for me. Just not a lot out there beyond the predictable MCU and Star Wars stuff. And even there, we're getting prequel figures and "updated" re-releases over important and iconic figures like C-3PO and more core Empire Strikes Back figures.

Though I'm not a fan of the figure and won't get it, at least HT is considering something off the beaten path with Schumacher Robin. Good time to be a variant Spidey fan, though.

That is exactly how I feel...at one point Yon-Rogg and Mantis would have been given pre-orders for me but now I'm finding I'm actually not that excited to see them announced in and am not sure if I will actually get them - as good as they look.

Feeling very under-whelmed with this year's SDCC previews - the only figure I've seen that remotely interests me is the Bespin Luke Skywalker, but, I suppose on the plus side at least my purse is mightily relieved! :lol

That is exactly how I feel...at one point Yon-Rogg and Mantis would have been given pre-orders for me but now I'm finding I'm actually not that excited to see them announced in and am not sure if I will actually get them - as good as they look.

Feeling very under-whelmed with this year's SDCC previews - the only figure I've seen that remotely interests me is the Bespin Luke Skywalker, but, I suppose on the plus side at least my purse is mightily relieved! :lol

Part of it is a bit of over-saturation. 15 months from now when these get released, you might feel 180. Only so much pizza you can eat in a sitting, even if it is delicious.

Part of it is a bit of over-saturation. 15 months from now when these get released, you might feel 180. Only so much pizza you can eat in a sitting, even if it is delicious.
Hype is a factor too, though, and the demand for Marvel figures is probably higher than HT can meet, which is why so many get announced and released well after the hype has passed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

And I think part of it is Hot Toys' release schedule. I don't get excited about much from them anymore because it it's like 1.5 - 2 years between announcement and release.

That's a long time.

Back