SDCC Obi Pix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pixletwin said:
I just got word direct from Sideshow Dusty that the Obiwan on display is production. So the paint job we see is the paint job we are getting!!!! YAHOOOOOOO!!!

Doubtful, that's what they said about Luke at Toyfair, it was a production piece but it was also custom painted for display. The actual prod piece paint apps was fairly close though, I'd say like 90% which is great news nonetheless.

But this Obi piece will be fairly close then IMO.

Ask her if the Obi display piece has been custom painted, b/c the fleshtones and beard detail look to be...

This figure is my most wanted in all of the SW lines. To see just how well SSC has done with production is awe inspiring. I hope he looks this good at my house.

Here is a pic from the web cam today:
webcam.jpg

OK this just in from chat. Brant himself was on chat and I asked him if what Dusty told me was right about the Obi on display being production and here was his answer:

<Sideshow_Brant> The Obi-Wan on display is still the prototype - I only know because I lost a bet yesterday with someone from Rebelscum. Production looks just about the same.

:confused:

Who needs feelings and guarantees when Brant himself just told us that the paint apps on the display Obiwan are not Production.... :monkey2 :monkey2

pixletwin said:
Who needs feelings and guarantees when Brant himself just told us that the paint apps on the display Obiwan are not Production.... :monkey2 :monkey2

Well you said that Brant said that the paint apps on this SDCC proto are "close" to the production one.

I have a "feeling" it will be as close as Anakin's paint apps were. :confused:

Wor-Gar said:
Well you said that Brant said that the paint apps on this SDCC proto are "close" to the production one.

I have a "feeling" it will be as close as Anakin's paint apps were. :confused:

I thought we covered this, like Luke @ Toyfair, Obi was custom painted (it's a display piece, hello?) He, like Luke, will probably look about a lot like that as Brant said, in Luke's case it was about 90% like the TF display piece...

and that's a good thing as long as SSC QC controls the paint apps in China

Wor-Gar said:
Well you said that Brant said that the paint apps on this SDCC proto are "close" to the production one.I have a "feeling" it will be as close as Anakin's paint apps were. :confused:

I hope you're wrong Wor-Gar... I think Obi-Wan would go Scottish on anyone who put lipstick on him. :confused:

Brent72 said:
WOW! I think that may be the best SW likeness yet by Sideshow. It's absolutely PERFECT! :cool:

I think AS good as Luke.This made me crap my pants at the con, I can't wait SHIP IT ALREADY!!!

Yup, Anakin has made us all nervous and with good reason. Even the Vader one has a very flawed paint job. Luke was excellent, however, so production ones can look great. I want Obi Wan to look that good! :D

Dang...........you know, I never pass judgement, or even comment on a figure until it's in my hands, period. SSC makes mistakes, but I would bet this figure turns out great. I never say this, but I'm willing to bet he looks darn near exactly like the proto..................but honestly, all of the figures so far are pretty nice, far better than hasblow............but I know, I know, differant market and price. Lets all just wait until Obi is out of the box before anyone says anything about paint etc. Just my thoughts.........take them with a grain of salt...........literally!

Back