Sideshow: Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a fan of mixed media for PF as well, I think the ragged real cloth will work best for Mythos Obi.
As for the head sculpt, I wish they do 2 sculpts.. basically, everything I loved from the 1/5 scaled mythos Obi but in 1/4 scale, it would be great for me.

Really curious about this one. Agree - since I missed the original Mythos Obi - I'd buy that in a nanosecond. A cloth robe would be easier to deal with re limited shelf space IMO.

The SSC quick unboxing clip is on Insta and tbh I really was not impressed by the non-helmet facepaint. Nice statue otherwise but that facepaint really needs some love - in my opinion. They went very fast over that facial shot, as if they knew it wasn't a strong point.

The SSC quick unboxing clip is on Insta and tbh I really was not impressed by the non-helmet facepaint. Nice statue otherwise but that facepaint really needs some love - in my opinion. They went very fast over that facial shot, as if they knew it wasn't a strong point.
I think it's a different statue, Ramatuelle..
That one is the General Kenobi mythos.

Hopefully this one, they will do much better on the face, as it's supposed to be one of the strong points of this piece.
Lately Sideshow's doing great with faces, like on Zatanna and Psylocke.

nearmint said:
From Sideshow WonderCon panel.

FjhAkdz.jpg

Three headsculpts! and they look good!!
Looks like just two. They paint two of everything so they have matching prototypes- one for the factory and one for the studio to work through production. It looks like just the second copy of the AG head on the left in the background. Although 4 heads could be interesting with AG and EM painted in both dark and grey hair colors so you could have young and old versions of whichever actor’s likeness you prefer.

Looks like just two. They paint two of everything so they have matching prototypes- one for the factory and one for the studio to work through production. It looks like just the second copy of the AG head on the left in the background. Although 4 heads could be interesting with AG and EM painted in both dark and grey hair colors so you could have young and old versions of whichever actor’s likeness you prefer.
Ah I see.. I thought there are 3 of them: Ewan, Alec and a mix-up of the two actors..
But if we only get two, I'll be fine as well because I love both sculpts!

I'm a sucker for mixed media, so I really hope this turns out good. I'll order regardless lol.
Unfortunately, I don't expect this to be mixed media. Their recent PFs have been fully sculpted, the latest being Boba Fett and Han in Carbonite. I much prefer the cloth mixed media of old but this at 1/4 scale and with a Ewan sculpt will be very tempting.

That would just be a larger mythos if all sculpted. I'm sure they'll make the robe maybe fabric. Either way I'll order it based on those portraits. I have the new Boba and can see why they made it sculpted but will always prefer mixed media.

That would just be a larger mythos if all sculpted. I'm sure they'll make the robe maybe fabric. Either way I'll order it based on those portraits. I have the new Boba and can see why they made it sculpted but will always prefer mixed media.
Yeah, I probably won't be able to resist having an ROTS esque Kenobi in 1/4 scale...

Yeah, I probably won't be able to resist having an ROTS esque Kenobi in 1/4 scale...

This is what I'm ultimately waiting for. Think it would be a no brainer.

But its taken us this long to also get Mace Windu...which hasn't been teased since SDCC last year.

Back