SDCC Exclusive options/wants

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you want to be a SDCC Exclusive this year?

• Total voters
I bet HT was surprised by all the love for SWAT Gordon. For some reason they've always seemed to view him as a character that wouldn't sell well as a regular release. Yes, it's just an old guy in a suit and coat, and he may not sell in Joker numbers, but the character is iconic.

it certainly took them long enough and i think they underestimated his popularity.

truth is, i probably wouldn't own any hot toys right now if they hadn't made SWAT gordon. his announcement was what precipitated me to buy a dx01 and i haven't stopped buying since.

Anything from Batman.

at the end of the day, this is fine by me. have long given up on ras, so i still hope it's blake ~ though a regular release would be dandy too (and probably cheaper).

: D

Hi,

I asked this in the other SDCC thread and didn't get an answer. Maybe its not know??

But how is it decided which charcters are turned into a SDCC exclusive?

Do they pick figures / characters they think will sell more, less?

Well looks like we're all wrong.....Someone posted in another thread that SSC is NOT doing any SDCC exclusives this year. So I just hopped onto their website and chatted with them:

me: I just wanted to know if there were going to be any SDCC exclusives from SSC this year?
not what they are, just if you are doing them or not.

Sideshow Lisa: Hi we will not have specific “San Diego Comic Exclusive” items this year. We will, however, be having limited Exclusive pieces over the next few months over the summer season. Be sure to sign up for any our newsletter and follow us on Facebook to get all the latest and greatest information on these pieces.

Well looks like we're all wrong.....Someone posted in another thread that SSC is NOT doing any SDCC exclusives this year. So I just hopped onto their website and chatted with them:

me: I just wanted to know if there were going to be any SDCC exclusives from SSC this year?
not what they are, just if you are doing them or not.

Sideshow Lisa: Hi we will not have specific “San Diego Comic Exclusive” items this year. We will, however, be having limited Exclusive pieces over the next few months over the summer season. Be sure to sign up for any our newsletter and follow us on Facebook to get all the latest and greatest information on these pieces.

It still sounds like there will be "Summer Exclusive" Hot Toys figures.

I suppose this may turn out better for some people, as they'll be more spread out instead of 4-5 of them coming all at once.

all of the options are pretty dumb,just waste of money,banner is the best lol adam west batman just lol,but even thou i would prefer a custom bruce banner head to fit it to a body than pay 350$ or more to hot toys,and enought with golden age captain america they made some great figures of him so far,golden age captain is dumb,making a green lantern or a flash would sell way way way more.

I do want Bruce Banner. And I hope he is not the SDCC ex. Because he wll be harder to get

I know Sideshow can decide not to do SDCC Exclusives for their own licenses like Star Wars, but isn't it up to Hot Toys to decide whether or not they want there to be SDCC Hot Toys Exclusives?

Hot Toys will have their own exclusives whether or not Sideshow participates in SDCC (trust me, they will) which is offered to be sold in Asian conventions. The po's on SSC will occur a week or 2 before SDCC but won't be shipped to those in the U.S. till September. Between July & September, Asian conventions offer the exclusives for sale on the floor. So, the US, Europe, etc get a later batch.

Gordon sold out so quickly because it was highly coveted and never offered before. Variations or unpopular characters (Angelica) will sit.
(The exclusion being anything Iron Man)

I want Banner because it would compliment my upcoming Hulk real well.
Golden Age Cap is too similar to Rescue Cap so I doubt it would be offered.
It would be great if 1 ex was a license starter, like Marty McFly or Doc. I'm sure we'll know what they are by the end of the month.

the only thing that should be an exclusive is repaint or rerelease why limit production to popular figure most of the figures above would have broad appeal so my not milk it.

Guess you can rule out Bruce Banner for one of the exclusive this year.

601872_478036935608533_1744728386_n_zps7a8f0752.jpg~original

Guess you can rule out Bruce Banner for one of the exclusive this year.

601872_478036935608533_1744728386_n_zps7a8f0752.jpg~original

Yeah man its look like they have nothing ready or at least they are being real coy about it. It might be an Iron Man repaint, but to be fair they have already released two Side exclusives Coulson and Mark 7 BD so I mean to they really have to release more stuff?

And one thing to note also is that any SDCC exclusive they produce will undoubtedly push back the schedule of the other figures as they have a short window from preorder to release so naturally production will shift to produce them as they take precedence

Last edited:
if maria hill was a SDCC exclusive i dont think she would sell well, shes not "Cool enough". but i would welcome her as a regular MMS. on the DC front i wouldnt mind a Ra's with a hopefully mindblowing Liam Neeson Sculpt.

Didn't the same interview last year say that the Rescue Cap was cancelled, then two weeks later it was up for pre-order? I stopped trusting these things...

Back