SDCC exclusive Aragorn or Legolas?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An SDCC "post-Amon Hen Aragorn is a definite possibility, considering it would be the easiest thing for SS to do: (Boromir's vembrances, Lothlorien cloak, both already made, toss in a new elven knife and a strip of cloth tied around his upper arm and voila!

I wouldn't mind the above figure, but with this line moving SOOOOOO SLOWWWWW, it would be nice to get a completely NEW character and simply call it "SDCC Exclusive", even if they make 5000 of them.

That would make my day if SS ever did such a thing. That would be great idea and it would be simple to do. It sucks not seeing aragorn with his fellowship cloak and the pics that people took with his Boromir's bracers make him look terrific!

crazytrain said:
Not too familiar with these SDCC exclusives as I don't have any SW figures. Is it possible for non-attendees to get them and if so what is the split (roughly) between numbers for attendees and for non-attendees? I'm planning on getting everything in this line so if I couldn't get one I'd be mightily displeased (to put it mildly).

In the past, SS would set aside a certain percentage of an edition for non-attendees. And they separate the different types of pre-ordering (attending or non-attending). Can't remember for sure, but I believe last year was 10% set aside for non-attendees. I wouldn't be extremely nervous about getting one through a pre-order; I've never had problems getting one. Of course, you can't take your own sweet time to decide to preorder either. :D

The Ringer said:
That would make my day if SS ever did such a thing. That would be great idea and it would be simple to do. It sucks not seeing aragorn with his fellowship cloak and the pics that people took with his Boromir's bracers make him look terrific!

I looked in the Aragorn image thread and couldn't find any images of Aragorn with bracers. Could you repost them here?

Wetanut said:
In the past, SS would set aside a certain percentage of an edition for non-attendees. And they separate the different types of pre-ordering (attending or non-attending). Can't remember for sure, but I believe last year was 10% set aside for non-attendees. I wouldn't be extremely nervous about getting one through a pre-order; I've never had problems getting one. Of course, you can't take your own sweet time to decide to preorder either. :D

Thanks for the info Wetanut - heres hoping... :)

How about an all-new character that would be cool, but maybe wouldn't be mainstream enough for a full release, such as....

MOUTH OF SAURON!!!!!!

pixletwin said:
I looked in the Aragorn image thread and couldn't find any images of Aragorn with bracers. Could you repost them here?

Here's an image I made with Aragorn done up late-FOTR/early-TTT with Boromir's vembraces and elven cloak.

aragorn.jpg

Thanks Maul Fan, that does look awesome. How close were the actual braces to the props used in the film, I wonder..

pixletwin said:
Thanks Maul Fan, that does look awesome. How close were the actual braces to the props used in the film, I wonder..

Can't say on that one, I'm sure spot on like the figure, but they are very impressive. Even though they're glued together, the straps are molded in rubber to simulate that they're held together by leather straps, and the pointy tips bend with the figure hands like the film's curl, very nicely done I would say.

FlyAndFight said:
An SDCC "post-Amon Hen Aragorn is a definite possibility, considering it would be the easiest thing for SS to do: (Boromir's vembrances, Lothlorien cloak, both already made, toss in a new elven knife and a strip of cloth tied around his upper arm and voila!

Yeah, that's why I expect one. It would be somewhat easy to do one this year.

FlyAndFight said:

Actually, not just a cloth around his arm, but an actual under****, which would be nice to have for even an Amon Hen battler Aragorn, or my personal favorite FOTR moment, when Aragorn let's Frodo go and tells him he would have gone with him til the end, that one moment truly gives a gilmpse into the compassion and honor that Aragorn upheld, and the bookend moment of that is in ROTK when he bows before the hobbits and insists they bow to no one, my two favorite moments in the trilogy.

I wouldn't doubt it. I think it would be a great way to get Aragorn's Loth cloak and perhaps a better painted head (ie stubble beard). Boromir's arm guards would also be nice additions, so would something like Lurtz's head or arm. :lol

Another point brought up at ORC by the SSC production team. Since they had designed everything for Aragorn they figured when when working on Boromir that they could just use Aragorn's vambraces, but they discovered that Boromir's are quite different, so they had to do his from scratch.

Refresh me as to which ones were Aragorn's vambraces, did he wear any before taking Boromir's? :confused:

I had always thought they were the same too. But the remark by the SSC peeps made me think - did Aragorn really steal stuff off Boromir's dead body?

Well, he took them. I'm not sure I would consider it stealing. As they show Boromir's body go over the falls, you can clearly see he no longer has the vambraces. Immediately after we see a shot of Aragorn putting them on, shortly before the scene where he talks to Legolas and Gimli about not leaving Merry and Pippin to torment and death.

I wouldn't classify it as stealing either. I saw it as an acceptance of his Gondorian heritage and a sign of respect towards Boromir as if taking a piece of him on the rest of the mission with him...

The Mike said:
I wouldn't classify it as stealing either. I saw it as an acceptance of his Gondorian heritage and a sign of respect towards Boromir as if taking a piece of him on the rest of the mission with him...

Bingo.

I found it a powerful tribute to his Gondorian brethren.

Back