SDCC Exclusive 12" Aayla Secura

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I cared about this character more, I might be upset...but honestly, it's just Aayla. Nice for background filler.

But this announcement of no new female body basically means we shouldn't expect great figures for many SW females now.

And the announcement that there are no plans to sell the Prometheus body separately means Sideshow hates customizers. :lol

That mean it's stinky too?

Do camel's feet smell good?

I think it was predictable that the Prometheus would not be available alone, just based on the fact that the heads weren't compatible.

But this announcement of no new female body basically means we shouldn't expect great figures for many SW females now.

Ilum Padmes as far as the eye can see...

There are ways to make the heads from the Suck work on the Prometheus as well. You can tell that just by looking at the pics. It would take some customization (and using neck pieces from other bodies) but it would work.

looks more like the Opera singer from The Fifth Element!! :monkey1

That is exactly what I was thinking. I think the design and color of the skin make this figure a great candidate for making alien type customs and kitbashes beyond being a Jedi. It would not be hard to make a Plavalaguna figure out of Ms. Secura. I was also thinking about the Twi'lek slave in Jabba's palace.

Maybe we can take the eventual Marion Ravenwood 12" figure on the Buck body and use her as the Staff of Ra.

:monkey1

Someone has a rather high opinion of themselves.
"This work of art has been painstakingly detailed."
" Aayla's hair was removed carefully and I handsculpted Lekku onto her head using
Organic Air Drying clay. Then I painted them to match her skin.
Aayla was formerly a Tonner Luna doll. I removed all her paint and repainted her
using Artist Quality Acrylics and sealers. She is truly a masterpiece."

I don't understand why they didn't make the new body compatible with the old one to switch the heads.

There is a third party adapter on the market that I have seen mentioned on the boards a few times. I believe Sideshow said they may make some themselves, but I may have imagined it.:confused:

That's good, I must have missed when it's been mentioned. I would think Sideshow would want to make them, extra money.

Will there be a Prometheus-type female body created at Sideshow as well? With the great announcement of G.I. Joe will those figures be utilizing the new Prometheus body type? Also will the Prometheus body type be cast in multiple colors, such as the Art S. Buck style was Black & White? And will it ever be able to be purchased as a nude, stand-alone figure?

There are currently no plans for a new female body platform, but it is something that is discussed periodically at Sideshow. The male Prometheus body will be cast in multiple colors, as dictated by the needs of the character it is used for, but there are currently no plans to release the nude Prometheus body as a stand-alone product. The same goes for the new Trooper body, as well as the ‘Hobbit’ body. We evaluate each figure as it goes into production to decide which body type will be used.

Oh come on, Sideshow!

Typical. A couple steps forward, a couple steps back. Nice dance routine.

:rolleyes:

Back