SDCC Exclusive 12" Aayla Secura

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! hows it going fellow Scummer! I like mine alot! She fits in nicely with the other Jedi to come out thus far!

Fancy seeing you here!
She and Ki adi have been ordered/coming,so all i need now is kit fisto to get my prequel jedi up to date.

Im even thinking of displaying her and (if i do get him) kit in their kamino kiss. :naughty

Mine came this afternoon from the european warehouse, I will let you know what I think later - I have'nt even opened the outer box yet.

OK, guys, as promised, here is my crude pattern. If you follow it, you will have to make adjustments as it sits on your figure since I'm hardly a tailor. I just struggle through being a copycat off of other similar clothes.
I places very small snaps under the arm on both pieces.
aayla_pattern.jpg

so what are my chances of finding this on the second market for cheap? like, yavin luke cheap...

I doubt we'll see it that cheap. But it won't be hard to find a deal.

Still, my wait list reservation just converted. So I'll be getting her the old-fashioned way ... with rewards points. :rock

I doubt we'll see it that cheap. But it won't be hard to find a deal.

Still, my wait list reservation just converted. So I'll be getting her the old-fashioned way ... with rewards points. :rock

Was it said you could NOT get her with the reward points?

From soloyan at RS:
I already posted this on the AZ thread as that is where I mostly hang out, but thought I would post this here as well in case this happened to anyone else. Apparently I missed the fine print (at the very bottom of the newsletter for this figure) and any other discussion on this and so I thought I would warn others out there who may be affected. Apparently this is true for non-attendee versions of this figure as well.

My apologies if this has already been discussed. I didn't have time to read all the threads.

I just have to vent for a second here since I can't really do it anywhere else where it will be understood. I orded the attendee version of the Secura and applied my rewards points to the purchase and it went through and reflected the discount. I heard later somewhere (perhaps on one of the threads) that rewards points or discounts couldn't be used for this since it was an exclusive, but my order was never changed online. I checked my credit card and was in fact charged full price last week.

Soooooo, I call SS to figure out the issue. To make a long story short, the lady informed me that I couldn't use rewards points (as stated in the newsletter and email about the figure which I never received) and would simply lose those points and would in fact be charged full price since I 'violated a policy'. The difference only amounts to about $12 so nothing to lose sleep over, but my point to her was rather than having frustrated customers who are going to try and use their reward points whenever they can, why not just program into the system to prevent this from going through with a reminder at the point of sale that they can't be used? She breezed over this and said, 'well our system may have been overloaded and so it was allowed to go through'. Well I made the purchase well after the initial order date since the attendee version was up for a while so this was not the issue. The long and the short of the conversation was that essentially this is my punishment for not reading the newsletter carefully enough (who reads the whole newsletter?). My point is just, why not just make it easy and program it into the system and save the customer and company time and frustration? How hard is it to give customers a reminder at the point of sale?

I've never had a problem with SS before and think they have a good system in general, but come on. Just make it simple and make it clear when you order an exclusive that you can't use points!

Okay rant over. Just think it's lame and something that is easily fixable. Looking forward to the figure, but lost about $12 bucks in points for a future order. Lame.

This might not be the case now,or for the non-attendee,but just incase.

There is a point during the ordering process where you can apply points and a link is present to explain the "rules" of the points.
The rules are also present on the site and again as you pointed out, in the newsletter. Or...one can always talk to someone at Sideshow BEFORE making thier purchase if they had any questions.

None of this information is hidden or hard to access.

So...if a buyer chooses NOT to read all of the materials provided or ignore the resources for getting that information, well...as my mother was so fond of saying to me in my youth...

"You want sympathy? It's in the dictionary between ^^^^^ and syphilis!" :)

she turned out good.
what i noticed is i don't mind sideshows jointed bodies.
i mean i look at this, triad for what there selling is overrated. i have one or two of the new bodies and that thing is heavy and you don't have many poses to give her without snapping the the limbs off. hot toys muscular bodies i like these too. but hey the flesh starts to melt or if i can think of a better word. change over time. and iam not into paying that kind of money for something to be ruined from just standing in my showcase .
so i am sticking to sideshow ...because plastic is plastic .

There is a point during the ordering process where you can apply points and a link is present to explain the "rules" of the points.
The rules are also present on the site and again as you pointed out, in the newsletter. Or...one can always talk to someone at Sideshow BEFORE making thier purchase if they had any questions.

None of this information is hidden or hard to access.

So...if a buyer chooses NOT to read all of the materials provided or ignore the resources for getting that information, well...as my mother was so fond of saying to me in my youth...

"You want sympathy? It's in the dictionary between ^^^^^ and syphilis!" :)
And this is supposed to have what relevance?

I would imagine that it is relevant at least in that it shows that there are different perspectives regarding what constitutes an acceptable solution to the use and restriction of reward points.

You believe that Sideshow is, in some way, responsible for your loss of reward points, since the online system didn't alert you at the point of sale. Jedibear believes that the information published, both in the newsletter and in the PPO notice, was more than adequate, and that you would have been sufficiently informed, had you read the message in its entirety.

To be fair, your point has some validity. Sideshow could make their point of sale system more "bulletproof". But the question remains, who is more at fault for your loss, Sideshow or you? You asked the question, "who reads the whole newsletter?" The answer should be, "anyone considering placing an order with Sideshow Collectibles."

Referring to the terms and conditions as "fine print" is slightly disingenuous, since it isn't in any different typeface or font size than any of the other information, either in the newsletter or the PPO notice. And, in the notice, it is preceded by a "PLEASE NOTE:" heading, which is bolded and in red, and the text of the restriction itself is also bolded.

So, could Sideshow have done more to protect you from yourself? Yes, they could have. Are they at fault for not having done so? I don't believe they are.

So reward points cant be used toward any exclusive or just SDCC exclusives? I was considering using reward points on Ki Adi Mundi, so that won't go through?

I would imagine that it is relevant at least in that it shows that there are different perspectives regarding what constitutes an acceptable solution to the use and restriction of reward points.

You believe that Sideshow is, in some way, responsible for your loss of reward points, since the online system didn't alert you at the point of sale. Jedibear believes that the information published, both in the newsletter and in the PPO notice, was more than adequate, and that you would have been sufficiently informed, had you read the message in its entirety.

To be fair, your point has some validity. Sideshow could make their point of sale system more "bulletproof". But the question remains, who is more at fault for your loss, Sideshow or you? You asked the question, "who reads the whole newsletter?" The answer should be, "anyone considering placing an order with Sideshow Collectibles."

Referring to the terms and conditions as "fine print" is slightly disingenuous, since it isn't in any different typeface or font size than any of the other information, either in the newsletter or the PPO notice. And, in the notice, it is preceded by a "PLEASE NOTE:" heading, which is bolded and in red, and the text of the restriction itself is also bolded.

So, could Sideshow have done more to protect you from yourself? Yes, they could have. Are they at fault for not having done so? I don't believe they are.
Go read my post again.Notice the "From soloyan at RS:"
Cant you people read?
Its not my post.I paid money for my aayla.
I was only posting it because i remembered that this member could not use reward points.It was only a warning.

I think i deserve some sort of apology.
Seriously,learn to read the entire post.

Back