SDCC 2018 Hot Toys Expectations!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I want to buy it, but I'm expecting to see a 2018 Predator figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Toys is merely following its own commandments there - 'thou shalt not complete any set'*

*Unless it pertains to Iron Man

Unless it is Iron Man.

Not just like that... it's also, hey, here's all the Iron Man armours! Hey, you also want some concept art Iron Man? I also have some patterned Iron Man, some glow in the dark, some Iron Man that is really just a suit of armour than anything related to the character... also do you want another new Iron Man, but this time with a fist hammer that makes the item look like a piece of unproportioned crap? Hey want a set with toylike looking accessories he uses that appears in the film each for less than a second? Coooooool, we can do that!

PS we're not doing any DC movie characters anymore to make room for the Hulkbuster fist production. Coincidently we're giving free fists to all DC Hot Toys fans. They're free, though.

John Wick was the only interesting thing they revealed. The rest mostly garbage.

The worst thing is HT sit on licences to stop other companies making those figures and the collector suffers.

Star Wars: Lando, Darth Maul, Chancellor Palpatine, Mace Windu, Biker Scout, Gamorrean Guard, Bespin Leia and Han.
DC: Reissue of Batman Begins Bats (sixth scale), Arkham Penguin, Two Face, and Catwoman
Marvel: Nebula, Red Skull IW Version
Random: A new Indiana Jones

Agreed on the Indiana Jones. An ultimate indy with accessories that cover the original 3 films. And a head sculpt that really captures Ford.

DC:

1/4 BvS Batman with stubble and accurate musculature & tired eyes.
1/4 1989 Cathedral Batman.
1/4 Jack Joker.
BR Catwoman & Penguin.
TDK Nurse Joker & Two-Face 2.0.
AK Catwoman.

Marvel:

Nebula.
BD Tobey Spidey.

Star Wars:

Bespin Han.
Slave Leia.
That 1/4 Vader they keep showing.
General Grievous.
Darth Maul.
Palpatine with red robes from ROTS.

Miscellaneous:

1/4 Police Shootout T-800.
1/4 T-1000.
Tech Noir T-800 2.0.

1/4 Muddy Dutch with torch and screaming head.
Moar OG Predator stuff.

Pee-Wee Herman deluxe set with bike.

Power Loader w/ Ripley.

100% with you on the Pee Wee. Tons of accessory options, especially if they consider Pee Wee's Playhouse.

-Any new BATMAN (1989) and Batman Returns figures would be welcome
-the more Star Wars I-III figures the merrier (especially Qui-Gon, Queen and Senator Amidalas, Chancellor Palpatine, etc.)
-TESB Luke (a new Bespin Luke with window diorama) or a TESB Pilotgear Luke)
-Bespin Leia, a decent looking Chewbacca (TESB) with netted C-3PO, Bespin Lando
-Rebels Ahsoka, Hera Syndulla
-BLADE RUNNER (1982) it's gotta be possible by the time we actually hit the dystopian future of 2019 (even though HT always manages to miss anniversaries)

-Any new BATMAN (1989) and Batman Returns figures would be welcome
-the more Star Wars I-III figures the merrier (especially Qui-Gon, Queen and Senator Amidalas, Chancellor Palpatine, etc.)
-TESB Luke (a new Bespin Luke with window diorama) or a TESB Pilotgear Luke)
-Bespin Leia, a decent looking Chewbacca (TESB) with netted C-3PO, Bespin Lando
-Rebels Ahsoka, Hera Syndulla
-BLADE RUNNER (1982) it's gotta be possible by the time we actually hit the dystopian future of 2019 (even though HT always manages to miss anniversaries)

This is a pretty solid list. :goodpost:

Back