SDCC 2015

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is very difficult for a first timer to obtain tickets to SDCC. The first batch of tickets go lottery style to people who attended 2015. The second batch of tickets go to everybody. Some people team up, since a single person can purchase more than one ticket. The tickets sell out in one hour or less.

Additionally, the hotels and even parking are sold via lottery.

I attended for 25 straight years, but could not get a regular badge. I could have gotten an exhibitor's badge, exhibitor hotel room, and parking. Exhibitors are not allowed to purchase some of the exclusives. At SDCC, it is who you know. I collect old comics, and honestly, there are not that many comic book dealers there. SDCC is full of cosplay and flippers.

You could try NYCC. There are many more things to do in New York than San Diego. NYCC is not as big in terms of exhibits, but attendance rivals SDCC.

Good luck!

Second everything said here. Pre-registration, an early registration for those who attended the last Con, is randomized and limited to a fraction of total badges. Getting in my first year was all luck. I got 5 days and a hotel next door. Boy, did that sure warp my idea of how difficult it could be. Every year was more and more frustrating. This year, I wound up not getting a single ticket during pre-reg. I was denied time off from work before open reg, but who knows. There are no guarantees. It used to be about fast connection and getting in first, but now they put everyone into a waiting room. Refresh, if anything, hurts your chances, and showing up to the site early means squat. All you can do is stay positive and try.

If really would like one for of those Conan O'Brien funko pops. I bought a set of the Boom! Studios power ranger one-shot comics. Love the artwork on them. Want one of those Jim Lee b&W batman figs.

For us, SDCC is primarily about the big panels just for the simple reason that you can't get them anywhere else. I spent the night outside so we could see all of the amazing movie footage and previews on Saturday in Hall H.

If you hate the lines and the crowds and the exclusives and the flippers and the insanity, simply go to a smaller con. It's really not that difficult. Next one for us is Long Beach Comic Con in 2 months. Perfect if you're in LA and like smaller cons.

For us, SDCC is primarily about the big panels just for the simple reason that you can't get them anywhere else. I spent the night outside so we could see all of the amazing movie footage and previews on Saturday in Hall H.

Glad you had a good time! It was probably one of my favorite cons to date... so much to do, and so much fun. PS - I love the lines, crowds and insanity.... because it is the most calm, "nicest" insanity you will ever see with 130,000+ people. We all had a great time.

The one exclusive I wanted was the Captain America unmasked Funko. The Funko booth gets worse every year and this was no exception, then Cap was completely sold out some time on Friday.

So, rather than fight the lines for 3 hours, I bought one on Ebay today for $35.

Time is money.

Where are all the pics this year? Where are Josh and Averone?

I took a bunch as usual. My Middle-earth stuff I posted on a more board centered around that. My ss pics I still have to go through and I'll post them. I figured there are so many people here who would post quick I didn't bother and especially since I have moved on mostly from ssf.

The Funko booth was a joke. I never got close to being able to purchase the exclusives. Hasbro was the only booth that made getting access to exclusives easy for disabled people.

Well that's the first time I've ever seen the words "Hasbro" and "easy" in the same sentence.

This is why I don't bother with many exclusives any more. Still bummed we couldn't make it to the SSC party Friday night, but Hall H >> SSC party for us.

The party was really nice... random that the first person I meet there happens to be Alex :)

The Funko booth was a joke. I never got close to being able to purchase the exclusives. Hasbro was the only booth that made getting access to exclusives easy for disabled people.

Yeah, I have heard some really bad stories about that booth this year. You would think there could be an easier way.

The one exclusive I wanted was the Captain America unmasked Funko. The Funko booth gets worse every year and this was no exception, then Cap was completely sold out some time on Friday.

So, rather than fight the lines for 3 hours, I bought one on Ebay today for $35.

Time is money.

Barnes n Noble. The one thing Funko kinda does right is distribute most of their exclusives to retailers.

Had a great time this year! The exclusives (Hasbro & Funko mostly) was a bear to obtain. I actually saw some fan boys rush a security guards post so they could jump the Hasbro line to get a ticket for the exclusives. I was floored. Those guys were mostly older than me (42) and they were totally acting like children. They were so desperate for the Marvel Legends exclusives. That was the funniest thing I saw at the con this year.

Decided not to bother with Funko after Friday. Didn't feel like waking up early to get in their line and the Hasbro exclusives were more important to me.

The panels were pretty good this year but I spent more time on the exhibit floor and some of the offsite programming.

Still bummed that they are keeping this in San Diego until at least 2018. They really need to find a way to either expand or somehow satisfy demand for attendance.

They just need to get rid of the exclusives. I bet a huge number of attendees are people flipping exclusives. Let's get rid of that scum and allow people who actually want to see the booths and panels get tickets.

One thing that really annoyed me was all the kids people had in line for chances to get Lego exclusives. I saw one family (mother, father, and 4 kids all under the age of 10) go through and leave with 3 free exclusive Lego figures. As high as those figures go on eBay, I guarantee they weren't getting them for the kids to play with.

Barnes n Noble. The one thing Funko kinda does right is distribute most of their exclusives to retailers.

Every Barnes & Noble I talked to, and every person who went to a B&N that I talked to said that all of the SDCC Funko figures were gone very early Thursday morning (while we were at SDCC). I'm happy to pay a little more and avoid the hassle.

Sam got me my Hallmark ornaments again this year and my KidRobot slugs. The slugs were easy to get though I found out after the fact. I could've gotten them myself. She couldn't get the Mondo things I wanted and I didn't even bother having her try for the Mattel doll I was interested in. She's never been able to get anything from Mattel any year.

I agree with Waller. I bet that would get rid of a some of those people if they got rid of the exclusives. It's funny how many of them are posted as soon as SDCC starts! But of the things I've checked on, many aren't going for high bucks, so people are getting wise.

Everybody has there thing, but I could care less about any of the exclusives.

It is kind of a shame that something as simple as a $5 toy that gets filipped on eBay for $100 causes so much more unnecessary crowds and insanity.

We were just saying today that it's too bad that they don't randomly raffle off the (rights to buy) the exclusives before the convention, so the only people in line are people who won tickets and are actually buying something.

Back