SDCC 2015

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they are heralding the un-washed masses into the auditorium as we speak...

Every line for everything at SDCC is insane long.
I know' I've been there, heh. But there are horror stories coming from the funko booth. If SDCC got rid of the exclusives, it would greatly help "free up" comic con. It really would.

I know' I've been there, heh. But there are horror stories coming from the funko booth. If SDCC got rid of the exclusives, it would greatly help "free up" comic con. It really would.

I've been saying this for years. It would allow people who wanted to go, but can't because of all the scalper attendees.

How hard is it to get tickets to the SDCC? Is it just a matter of buying them really early? Can you scalp tickets and pay up?

I'm from Chicago area and want to go with my son next year so I'm planning ahead.

Thanks!

SDCC '15: Star Wars Fever Causes Chaos At Hasbro Booth - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

In the Hasbro line on Preview Night.

"In fact, one lady in front of me in the ‘queue’ (it was really a completely unorganised mob, to be honest) actually fell to the floor, and when some people backed up to give her space, others saw it as an opportunity to get that little bit closer in line to those six inches of molded plastic, with complete disregard for the woman’s safety."

"Then, I was actually punched by another man to get closer. The person in question punched me in the ribs, and as I held my side in surprise, he cut in front of me. Apparently, he deemed it perfectly acceptable to cause physical harm for a toy."

"Excitedly, I took out my con money to pay him, and while doing so, a small man reached into my hand and stole $100 right out of it and disappeared into the throng of chaos surrounding the yet again mishandled Hasbro booth. Not being able to find him again, I stood there dumbfounded."

How hard is it to get tickets to the SDCC? Is it just a matter of buying them really early? Can you scalp tickets and pay up?

I'm from Chicago area and want to go with my son next year so I'm planning ahead.

Thanks!

It is very difficult for a first timer to obtain tickets to SDCC. The first batch of tickets go lottery style to people who attended 2015. The second batch of tickets go to everybody. Some people team up, since a single person can purchase more than one ticket. The tickets sell out in one hour or less.

Additionally, the hotels and even parking are sold via lottery.

I attended for 25 straight years, but could not get a regular badge. I could have gotten an exhibitor's badge, exhibitor hotel room, and parking. Exhibitors are not allowed to purchase some of the exclusives. At SDCC, it is who you know. I collect old comics, and honestly, there are not that many comic book dealers there. SDCC is full of cosplay and flippers.

You could try NYCC. There are many more things to do in New York than San Diego. NYCC is not as big in terms of exhibits, but attendance rivals SDCC.

Good luck!

It is very difficult for a first timer to obtain tickets to SDCC. The first batch of tickets go lottery style to people who attended 2015. The second batch of tickets go to everybody. Some people team up, since a single person can purchase more than one ticket. The tickets sell out in one hour or less.

I attended for 25 straight years, but could not get a regular badge. I could have gotten an exhibitor's badge, exhibitor hotel room, and parking. Exhibitors are not allowed to purchase some of the exclusives. At SDCC, it is who you know. I collect old comics, and honestly, there are not that many comic book dealers there. SDCC is full of cosplay and flippers.

You could try NYCC. There are many more things to do in New York than San Diego. NYCC is not as big in terms of exhibits, but attendance rivals SDCC.

Good luck!

This is pretty much the majority of attendees.

Good luck!

This is great info...Thank you!

I could care less about any give aways or Con exclusives. I also wouldn't buy anything to flip on eBay. I want to go and check out the vendors, look at the costumes and get the scoop on all the new stuff coming out. Maybe sit in on a couple panels that aren't jam packed. I'm also not one to wait in long lines for autographs, etc.

Maybe the NYCC is the way to go.

Thanks again!

This is great info...Thank you!

I could care less about any give aways or Con exclusives. I also wouldn't buy anything to flip on eBay. I want to go and check out the vendors, look at the costumes and get the scoop on all the new stuff coming out. Maybe sit in on a couple panels that aren't jam packed. I'm also not one to wait in long lines for autographs, etc.

Maybe the NYCC is the way to go.

Thanks again!

Good luck with Nycc tickets their already sold out unless u go on eBay to get tickets. It's a good time but it's a headache to get tickets as well.

SDCC '15: Star Wars Fever Causes Chaos At Hasbro Booth - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

In the Hasbro line on Preview Night.

"In fact, one lady in front of me in the ‘queue’ (it was really a completely unorganised mob, to be honest) actually fell to the floor, and when some people backed up to give her space, others saw it as an opportunity to get that little bit closer in line to those six inches of molded plastic, with complete disregard for the woman’s safety."

"Then, I was actually punched by another man to get closer. The person in question punched me in the ribs, and as I held my side in surprise, he cut in front of me. Apparently, he deemed it perfectly acceptable to cause physical harm for a toy."

"Excitedly, I took out my con money to pay him, and while doing so, a small man reached into my hand and stole $100 right out of it and disappeared into the throng of chaos surrounding the yet again mishandled Hasbro booth. Not being able to find him again, I stood there dumbfounded."

Jesus, super nerds are scary... :horror

Back