SDCC 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I miss the days where you could buy a ticket to SDCC. ;)

It seems to have changed drastically since I went in 2010, because that's what I did that year...I just thought one day, "I'd like to go to comic con"...went online and bought a ticket.

Every year since, if you're not online the instant they go on sale you have no shot.

Every year since, if you're not online the instant they go on sale you have no shot.

That's not even true today, cause now you get put in a digital line while waiting to buy tickets, then put in a random order. It's no guarantee being online right when they go on sale or not.

As for the Hall H wristband rules, Hall H should just become a ticketed venue. Tickets should be free but the room should be cleared after every panel and the new ticket holders enter for the next panel.

Put the tickets up for "sale" online ahead of time. If people are lucky enough they can get a ticket to each panel. Hall H appears to have become such an issue that they need to completely change how people gain entry to each panel.

Yeah...Hall H is an issue. I read people saying they are camping out in line overnight just to get a spot...shouldn't be that way in my opinion.

I know dude, even for a "newbie" like me it has changed so much. In 08 one random day I went online and bought a ticket about 3 weeks before the show... Heck, people tell me you could just show up at the door and get a ticket not that long ago...

Wonder how long ago that was? In 07, I was able to get a Friday a couples months before the show.

Now with social media, seems like anyone who is into any aspect of pop culture wants to go. You see more video game stuff, more anime, more networks, ect, ect.

Last edited:
Yeah the con has changed a lot over the last few years, its suks sooooo many come now a days but I have to admit there is also a lot more to see now a days too.

Yeah...Hall H is an issue. I read people saying they are camping out in line overnight just to get a spot...shouldn't be that way in my opinion.

It shouldn't be that way at all. This is my first visit and I am avoiding Hall H just because of that even though there is stuff I would like to see. Why they don't empty the room after each panel just seems stupid as hell to me.

It shouldn't be that way at all. This is my first visit and I am avoiding Hall H just because of that even though there is stuff I would like to see. Why they don't empty the room after each panel just seems stupid as hell to me.

it would be nice it they emptied out the hall but in a way what if you wanted to see the second on third one? it would be impossible to then. you got to realize that the SDCC is huge now, in fact IMO too big for san diego, it should be in vegas or Anaheim, if it was it wouldn't be this crazy to get tickets and a lot more people could enjoy it, but because of the small venue for such a large audience that's the way its got to be. If you love it and have to see it then you wait in line and if you don't, well then you pass.

True, but if somebody only wanted to see 1 and 3 and didn’t give a crap about 2 but they won’t leave because they don’t want to lose their spot so somebody who just wants to see 2 is SOL I think its only fair to clear the room but since that’s not going to happen I guess it doesn’t matter. I’ll just find the replay room and see if I can see what I need to see there.

Seriously, if you think a room of 7,000 people should be cleared after every panel, you've never seen 7,000 people...That's just nuts.

But the problem now is, it's so hard to get in to a lot of panels, not just Hall H, that people get there 2, 3, 4 panels before the one that they really care about.

And then they sit there and play games on their phones.

When the supply/demand is skewed this far, there simply is no way to do anything that will make everyone happy.

FWIW, it also depends on the day. The last two years my Wife and I have walked right into Hall H on Thursday. A couple of years ago Twilight was the first panel on Thursday morning, and some people waited outside THREE DAYS before.

My Wife and I walked right in about 15 minutes before the panel started.

Now Saturday, that's a completely different story.

Yeah, I can't say clearing it out would be a good idea for any of the rooms. That will just cause more issues and I don't trust the SDCC people to get it right.

They don't clear the rooms because it's the best way for the studios to present to a captive audience for the crap nobody really cares about. I'm looking at you Boxtrolls. No offense Simon, big fan and all.

you got to realize that the SDCC is huge now, in fact IMO too big for san diego, it should be in vegas or Anaheim, if it was it wouldn't be this crazy to get tickets and a lot more people could enjoy it, but because of the small venue for such a large audience that's the way its got to be.
You do realize that if SDCC moved to a larger venue, it is so popular that it would sell out the larger venue and you would have exact same problem it's having now except on an even larger scale?! :panic:

You do realize that if SDCC moved to a larger venue, it is so popular that it would sell out the larger venue and you would have exact same problem it's having now except on an even larger scale?! :panic:

:lecture:lecture
Exactly!!
Anaheim would be a mess, and Vegas convention center is horrible... And far from everything, same with LA,
That's the cool thing about San Diego, just across the street there's dozens of bars, restaurants and hotels. Every other convention center is in the middle of nowhere... Or pretty far from cool spots to hang out later and crappy public transportation. SD has the trolley right there! Oh, and the ocean view in the rear if you want to chill for a little while!!

Took words right out of my mouth :clap

Back