SDCC 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BrB9Rn_CIAA4Qd2.jpg

It'll be my three boys and me this year.
just waiting for my youngest to turn 16, so he can volunteer next year.

Any news on a Freaks/Sideshow party? Please have it again at the same place as last year...I had fun there.

Hmm, just realized that this is Friday evening, and I'll likely be in line for Hall H then. Only way I can come is if I leave the line for maybe an hour and come back. So if I'm there, it won't be long. Priorities. ;)

The party will be from like 7-10 or 8-11. You don't plan in being in line for Hall H then do you? We will be getting in line for that Saturday as well but won't do it until like midnight.

Depending on the schedule, Saturday in HH is going to be ridiculous this year. At the very least Batman/Superman and Avengers. Very possibly in addition to that, the final Hobbit movie and Star Wars. At this point, I'm planning on going straight from Hall H on Friday evening, over to the line for Saturday.

But even if I do that, I should be able to leave for an hour to at least pop in to the SSC party.

The problem with HH now is that social media creates this frenzy. In the past, people would just show up and get in line. Now, someone tweets a line update and everyone panics and runs out there and gets in line. It's nuts, and Friday night of this year looks to be the worst it's ever been.

And I'm not missing Age of Ultron. ;)

That seems a little crazy to me. I have no doubt that when I get in line at say midnight I'll be in a spot to get in for Saturday. I wouldn't waste a chance to meet some fellow freaks so you can be one of the first in line. That is unless meeting fellow freaks isn't a big deal.

All I know is, a couple of years ago I got in line at 8am and didn't get in. And it's going to be much crazier this year, especially if there is a Star Wars panel on Saturday. The way I look at it, if I'm going to get in line at 4am, I might as well get there at midnight. And if I'm going to get in line at midnight, I might as well get in line at 8pm, and so on. I'd rather not just be in the room, I'd rather be closer to the front.

That said, my plan as mentioned earlier was to get in line earlier, then wander over to the SSC party for a bit, then get back in line. It all depends on who I am in line with, and how willing they are to let me go for awhile.

I don't need to be at the SSC party for four hours or anything.

Wow, that's dedication. This will be my first SDCC and I'm sure as hell not going to waist time in lines to see something I can see online 5 minutes after its shown.

Back