SDCC 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally, some justice in the crazy world of Sideshow contests. Big congrats, even better that you've never been. I've been too much (not 23 times like Swabie) so would probably still be jaded were I to win that. You deserve it! Why three day passes though? Hmmm...

Congratulations, Darth Madden! What an awesome contest to win.

I'm planning on going next year (first time). Any vets know what site to watch to get the dates and buy passes (and when can we expect dates to be released for 2015)? I want to lock it down ASAP to ensure we can get a hotel. I've read a lot of posts advising hotel availability during SDCC is tight. Also, for those that have been to a few, is a one-day pass enough to see what one's interested in, or would you recommend more? I'd pretty much only be interested in Sideshow/HT 1:6, so figured a day would be OK. Wife is not interested in this stuff, so figured I'd limit myself to one day and spend rest of time exploring San Diego and area w/her. Have always been keen to visit that city.

You can see SS both in one day but that seems like you're screwing yourself in the end. Go for at least a couple and see more. It's a waste otherwise.

Congratulations, Darth Madden! What an awesome contest to win.

I'm planning on going next year (first time). Any vets know what site to watch to get the dates and buy passes (and when can we expect dates to be released for 2015)? I want to lock it down ASAP to ensure we can get a hotel. I've read a lot of posts advising hotel availability during SDCC is tight. Also, for those that have been to a few, is a one-day pass enough to see what one's interested in, or would you recommend more? I'd pretty much only be interested in Sideshow/HT 1:6, so figured a day would be OK. Wife is not interested in this stuff, so figured I'd limit myself to one day and spend rest of time exploring San Diego and area w/her. Have always been keen to visit that city.

Sol,

Passes are very hard to come by now a days...So first you need to do is get yourself an ID# off SDCC website. Now, SDCC favors those that went the year before so they first get a chance to buy tickets, however, there is no current info on when passes for SDCC 2015. Years ago, you could buy the passes on-site, the last three years has been on-line only, passes generally went up for sale 1-2 months after SDCC ended. This year it was early 2014 when attendees got to purchase them, so that was definitely more than 2 months.

After the previous year attendees get theirs...they offer them to the non-attendees (usually 1-2 months after the attendees order), if your a lucky one then you order your pass(es)...if you miss out, then you either get a scalped pass or your just **** out of luck.

Now, this will be my 11th straight year...and I have yet to experience everything I have wanted to. I always get 4 days with preview night (but I rarely stay for Sunday I go home or to LA that day)...If your there strictly for Sideshow/Hot Toys, then yes your a one day will be easy...but there really is just so much to see & do so I would get at least 3 days...There are tons of things your wife can do downtown...

As for hotels...SDCC does offer better rates for their attendees. Trust me this is the way to go. Hotel prices are extremely overpriced if you choose to get a room w/o this offer (a downtown room can range $600-1200 a night w/o the offer). Its always best to be downtown, if not there next to the airport or hotel circle, both of those areas are ok (at least there is shuttle service to the con), I also like Old Town (but there is no shuttle from there)...Mission Valley, Coronado and farther out suck.

I wish you luck and if there is any questions, you can PM me.

Last edited:
I've never been to SDCC (though not for lack of trying) but if I had the opportunity to go I'd make the most of it by attending every day available to me--especially since tickets are so damn hard to get every year and there's no way to know for sure that I'd get another chance to go. It's gotten to the point where going to this con is on my bucket list. The only consolation is that now the internet at least gives everyone that can't go the opportunity to see what's going on in real time. No more waiting weeks or months for a magazine to show a fraction of the events/merchandise that were there.

I've never been to SDCC (though not for lack of trying) but if I had the opportunity to go I'd make the most of it by attending every day available to me--especially since tickets are so damn hard to get every year and there's no way to know for sure that I'd get another chance to go. It's gotten to the point where going to this con is on my bucket list. The only consolation is that now the internet at least gives everyone that can't go the opportunity to see what's going on in real time. No more waiting weeks or months for a magazine to show a fraction of the events/merchandise that were there.

I went Wed-Sun last year for my first time. I was destroyed by Sunday. This year w/ a new baby I decided to just do Friday & Saturday and I already regret not having tickets to Thursday and I know the two days will go by way too fast. There is soo much going on that even being there all week you won't be able to see everything.

I went for 1 day in 2010. I think it must have been the biggest fluke that I got tickets that year. I had no idea that the ticket process was such a gong show at that time. I just thought one day, "hey, it'd be cool to go to comic con", logged on at some random time and bought tickets...no big deal. Wish it was still that easy.

Guys , don't know if I missed a 'guessing' list of what we suppose to c at this years SDCC , but was a bit tired to go back and check.... any thoughts ideas of what we suppose to c at this years....I have to start organize my PO list...LOL

Guys , don't know if I missed a 'guessing' list of what we suppose to c at this years SDCC , but was a bit tired to go back and check.... any thoughts ideas of what we suppose to c at this years....I have to start organize my PO list...LOL

I think we'll see a major villain for both marvel and dc. I'll go out on a limb and say Juggernaut and Darkseid.

Why the last one Josh?

It's just getting to be very difficult to make sure everyone has badges. This year it took a lot of luck to make sure things worked out. That's just on top of how messed up the folks that run SDCC make things. It's just a total mess with them in everything they do and it seems to be a bit worse every year. The cost is a reason as well. Not a major one but it is a factor. So starting next year it will be up to someone else to do a coverage thread and we've got more than enough people who take good pics to fill what I add to the coverage.

Back