SDCC 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided a couple of years ago that if I want an exclusive toy, I'd rather spend $20 - $50 more on it later than spend 4 hours at SDCC (or more) trying to get it. I missed out on being in Hall H on Saturday for IM3, MoS, Hobbit, etc because I chose to wait in line for a couple of toys from Hasbro that we found out were already sold out (after being in line for 3 hours).

My brother and I did just the opposite...we swore off Hall H. Stood in line for IM2 for 2 1/2 hours a few years back, missed several panels we wanted to see and didn't get closer to 1000 people back from the door when they told us that the hall was closed and anyone from a certain point wouldn't see the preview footage or the panel.

Haven't stepped foot in Hall H since.

Ok. Thanks my friend.
get a tiket is complicated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That it is. I think the best bet for everyone is to team up into groups since you can buy tickets for 3 people at once. Just share your member id and last names among the group and have all three trying at once. I fought the open registration in the same way with a couple friends last year and lucked out. Good luck to all of you!

See, we're more about Hall H because SDCC is the only convention that has big movie panels. I can buy all of the toys, collectibles that I want at Wondercon, Comikaze, LBCC or even Frank and Sons (if you live in So Cal). No where else can you see the big movie panels that they have at Hall H. Last year with Batman/Superman, GotG, Winter Soldier, Enders Game, the Age of Ultron announcement, etc.....some of which still hasn't been available to the general public seven months later.

That Saturday two years ago, I missed out on some awesome panels because I spent 3 hours in line for a toy that I could have just bought for an extra $30-40 later on from Ebay.

As for teaming up, I had two computers today, one with my user id and one with my wife's. Just planned on getting tix for the two of us, figured whichever got it first would work. But then after I got my tix, I saw that some friends on FB still weren't in. So I let the other computer run, and it got in before them. So I was able to get tix for them as well.

Yeah we've got a group of about six of us looking for tickets so we will all be in line together. 2 of them actually went before and managed to get 4 day passes today so they'll be logging back in to give us a better chance in open reg.

Managed to get my 4 day pass (w/o PN) after about an hour and 15 minutes after the waiting room went live. Got on right at 7 Am when the room went live. The "random" selection is a bunch of crap and not even knowing your place in line like before is total BS. You have no idea if you are close or hours out. They can pull whatever BS they want without you knowing your number in line since its all "random." :rolleyes:

4 day w/o PN here as well.

General Admission is going to be a bloodbath.

The system ran smooth but reshuffling people and not knowing your place is crap. Dad, Wetanut, and Pordey all only got Thursday/Sunday. So we have to try and get the other days when the general sale happens. If not I'm pretty sure it will just be Dad and I from our group at Comic-Con. I love going but yesterday reminded me why I'm retiring from going after this year.

Managed to get my 4 day pass (w/o PN) after about an hour and 15 minutes after the waiting room went live. Got on right at 7 Am when the room went live. The "random" selection is a bunch of crap and not even knowing your place in line like before is total BS. You have no idea if you are close or hours out. They can pull whatever BS they want without you knowing your number in line since its all "random." :rolleyes:

:goodpost::lecture

The system was very smooth but it does need some adjustment. I liked it better than last year.

Hall H never seemed to offer much to me. The panels never seem to reveal much more than I want to know about a movie before I see it anyway. I spend time getting exclusives but I like to spend time at the other smaller panels. The movie panels seem to be more about getting social media circles buzzing, IMO. But like I said, haven't stepped foot in Hall H in years. I've go ZERO interest in camping out to get in just to camp out in there all day.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can upgrade your tickets with others? I got a 4 day but want a preview pass as well. Would it be possible to just purchase the preview pass and add it to my current 4 day pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you can "upgrade" without buying the full package and trying to get a refund for the one you have. I would ask their customer service that question to be sure though. They have been pretty good in the pass about responding to emails. I'd check their FAQ too.

Actually you can,
Last year I got only 3 days, but later on I was able to purchase 4 days with Preview night. The system automatically cancelled the first order. And if not, you can request a cancellation too.

When can you buy tickets for just the general public, I've never been before but I wanted to go this year

I could be mistaken but I think the first round for the general public was a few days ago. I think there are couple more chances but it will be VERY HARD to get tickets. If you do try, be there EXACTLY when the sale starts.

I could be mistaken but I think the first round for the general public was a few days ago. I think there are couple more chances but it will be VERY HARD to get tickets. If you do try, be there EXACTLY when the sale starts.

I swear I read somewhere that tickets for the general public go on sale sometime in the spring? Unless February is spring to some lol I think the sale that was a few days ago was for pro passes but I could be wrong

General Public tickets haven't gone up yet. Last Saturday was only for the pre-registered (ie those that went to SDCC last year). They haven't announced the general registration yet and likely won't until just a few days before they are ready to do so. You need to sign up for an account now though if you even want the chance to attend.

Sounds like I may be the one of the only Hall H fans here, but just realized that Star Wars Episode VII starts filming in May, and Age of Ultron starts filming tomorrow.

So, guaranteed footage from both movies at SDCC in July. :impatient:

Unless they have stuff for the third Hobbit movie in Hall H I will avoid that like the plague.

Back