SDCC 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking kids can really be great. This will be the 4th year in a row we’ve taken my daughter. She’s 16 now and can’t wait to go again. She’s had a chance to meet her favorite TV stars and stuff (like the Glee people). I think I enjoy Comic-Con more because of how excited she gets.

I just love walking around, talking to random people, and random celebrities!
I also LOVE talking to my fellow artist in Artist Alley! They're amazing! Sometimes intimidating, and sometimes, not that talkative. (-_-)

But taking pics of cosplayers and toys etc...is the fun part!

I mean...I would love to enter some panels....but if not no biggie! Theres so much other stuff to do at SDCC!!!

Last edited:
Great thing about the panels at SDCC, YouTube :nana:

If you miss it, it will be on YouTube soon after.

Yeah...and that! :lol

I mean...its cool to be in the panels! U get to see how celebrities act towards certain questions!

For example...when I went! I loved RDJr answers towards the fans while in the IM2 panel! He's hilarious!

Also...I loved watching the rough cuts of the 2012 special effects! It was awesome!

Every year I go on the cheap. I road trip it form Texas, stay in cheap hotels with a breakfast. Pack an ice chest for making sandwiches. When I get there I stay about thirty minutes away in a little beach town so I can hit the water, the local chow is cheap and rooms are like 100 a night. But thats me, I dont mind roughing it out a little.

if it was just me i would do the same...but throw in a wife and 2 kids(5 and 3) and that changes things a bit

Every year I go on the cheap. I road trip it form Texas, stay in cheap hotels with a breakfast. Pack an ice chest for making sandwiches. When I get there I stay about thirty minutes away in a little beach town so I can hit the water, the local chow is cheap and rooms are like 100 a night. But thats me, I dont mind roughing it out a little.

Hows the parking at the convention center?

Hows the parking at the convention center?

You just made me spit up my Zevia! :lol

Parking can be absolutely horrendous at SDCC. In the past, when I was hardcore, I would almost always arrive at about 5 AM to get a spot downstairs (BTW, the convention center only has about 2000 spaces underneath it!), then take the trolley back up to where I stay at my friends pad, shower and get ready to get back down to the convention center, take the trolley back down, and enjoy. That way I have my car to put stuff in all day long, and to take out of there when I leave the con late into the night. This of course leaves very little time for sleep.

Starting last year however, they have started selling tickets as a presale for parking related to the convention center itself. Not sure if other outlets offer that as well. There is parking about in the Gaslamp and elsewhere, but it can be $15 or more per day, and may have even increased. They always stress on the website to use the public transportation, and park and ride. There is usually park and ride at the Qualcomm Stadium I believe, where the Chargers play.

Kind of depends on where you end up staying Bam. Lots of options, and of course lots of freaks to help you out. Is this your first time? I don't think so...

:D

...and I'm almost sure I'm going to fly in this time since I only have the two days. Then just wing it and have as much fun as I can for as cheaply as I can for the two days, carrying as little as I need to in order to survive.

too bad we can't rent boat houses and dock them behind the convention center. that would make things a bit easier too.

Back