SDCC 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey, I still have 2 temporary member ID cards for 2012. I didnt get a chance to scan them at the convention. Can I still register for next year?

it's interesting to read people's polar opposite experiences at the show. I personally had a hell of time. There are aspects of the show that I wish would have run better sure, but overall it was a really good time. Got to meet some awesome pro's in artist alley and got to spend time with the Freaks, catching up with the guys at SSC is always fun, picked up ALOT of treasures and I did it all with minimal sleep. That's a good show.

Yeah, its always different to hear from someone who had not as good a time as I do. Makes ya feel like you were at a different event totally.

hey, I still have 2 temporary member ID cards for 2012. I didnt get a chance to scan them at the convention. Can I still register for next year?

If you did not use them and pay for passes for next year, then I think they are probably no good at this point. You'll probably need to just register online with everyone else that did not get passes at Con.

it's interesting to read people's polar opposite experiences at the show. I personally had a hell of time. There are aspects of the show that I wish would have run better sure, but overall it was a really good time.
I agree- it was a great Con for me, without a doubt. This was my 10th year going and it did not disappoint.
nod.gif

So next year would be a good time to go?

For Hobbit fans it's a must year to go! Start planning now...I swear it gets crazier every year. And hopefully whomever does the online ticket sales will have their crap together.

Me too. And I'll be hanging around longer next year because I won't park in a stupid parking lot that closes at midnight and starts towing cars.:gah:

Yeah, do that man. You gotta stick around longer so we can get back to BS some more since we didn't get to much.

For Hobbit fans it's a must year to go! Start planning now...I swear it gets crazier every year. And hopefully whomever does the online ticket sales will have their crap together.

Agreed! If you're really a fan of the material and what the films will end up being it is a must. It gets way crazier every year thats for sure but still fun in a sick way. :lol

If I can convince myself that all that money won't be better spent on toys, I will definitely be there.

I can almost guarantee that you won't enjoy yourself if you come in thinking like that because you'll be looking to be disappointed to justify all the collectibles you're going to miss. SDCC isn't just about seeing all the new stuff, it isn't just about seeing movie stars, it's about community. It's about coming home to a place where everyone shares a common bond. It's about the friendships, it's about people you only get to see but once a year. it's about small moments like this:

[ame="https://youtu.be/G_nHhlBFs2k"]https://youtu.be/G_nHhlBFs2k[/ame]

That's what it's about for me anyway.

Back