SDCC 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can line up for Hall H whenever you want. The line is outside to the side of the convention center. You can also get in line anytime to get in the exhibit hall. It starts outside, then they take it inside and upstairs at 7:00. When 9:30 hits, they let the people lined up upstairs down first before anyone else. In 09 I was at the front of that line on Fri and Sat, but I got in line at 4:00 then 3:00 each of those mornings. It was fun talking to other fans. I'll most likely do it again. I'm hoping that somebody will be able to hold my place in the exhibit hall line while I stand in the ticket line early Thu morning.

You can line up for Hall H whenever you want. The line is outside to the side of the convention center. You can also get in line anytime to get in the exhibit hall. It starts outside, then they take it inside and upstairs at 7:00. When 9:30 hits, they let the people lined up upstairs down first before anyone else. In 09 I was at the front of that line on Fri and Sat, but I got in line at 4:00 then 3:00 each of those mornings. It was fun talking to other fans. I'll most likely do it again. I'm hoping that somebody will be able to hold my place in the exhibit hall line while I stand in the ticket line early Thu morning.

Damn, that is kind of crazy. I might have to only do that on Friday to get into the Torchwood panel that starts at 10am.

Interesting set up on the 2012 badge registration.
Sounds like they'll hold a spot for you if you have a 2011 badge, but your spot may not be what you purchased originally.
In theory, you could wait until Sunday, but the 4-day passes with or without preview probably won't last that long.

https://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_reg_2012.php

Also cool to see them holding back 1/2 of the preview night 4-day passes for online.

Haha yea. That is really the only day that has anything early I want to really see. The problem is , Walking Dead follows Torchwood and that is a must see for me.

I understand. Wouldn't mind seeing Walking Dead myself but not sure I'll want to wait in line long enough.

Gibby- Intersting indeed. Saw that earlier and trying to figure out if I'll go Thursday right away or not.

Ah sweet, is there ever a line to get into the convention center then?

This question made me burst into laughter! :rotfl

I used to always arrive promptly at 5 AM, because the underground garage opens at that time, and there are only 2000 spaces down there! But I'm not that hardcore anymore. No car, I'm flying in and taking the trolley everywhere.

But seriously, yeah there is a line outside and it starts way early. Mostly due to the exclusives though and not so much the panels, aside from Hall H of course.

Getting excited! :panic:

Gibby- Intersting indeed. Saw that earlier and trying to figure out if I'll go Thursday right away or not.

That's where I'll be in the wee hours of the morning on Thursday. I just want to get my 2012 ticket and be done with it. There is NO way I'm risking not getting a 4 day + preview night by trying to order online along with the rest of the masses. I will be in line at the wee hours of the morning so I can be done with that shat by 10 am tops and enjoy the rest of my day.

Okay, it's almost Sunday... starting to enter into High Anxiety Mode, which won't stop until I have my badge and I'm in the hall for the first time on Wednesday. THEN I can start having fun. :lol

Right now, though, it's :panic:

Still have lots to do around (and outside) the house, start packing, work on Monday, the girl flies in from Tampa on Tuesday afternoon, then it's last minute shopping, finish packing and then a couple winks of sleep before waking up at 5am Wednesday for the flight out to San Diego. :gah:

For after con, I'm trying something new this year, though. We're gonna stay in Cali another 5 days. Driving up to Napa to just chill & relax for a few days before coming back home. Maybe I'll be able to decompress easier this time. :thud:

I'm freaking pumped!!!

I'm gonna be out California for a week. Leaving on Tuesday and gonna spend a few days with my brother in LA before heading down to the Con on Thursday for the weekend!!!

I don't know what to expect this being my first year going to the Con and all. Looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys.

Hell yeah!!! Same here...thats all I seem to be talking about lately, my wife will probably be happy to have me gone for a few days.

Back