SDCC '20 is cancelled, but list your top 10 Star Wars wants anyway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel bad for dc collectors. They get the shaft. I always regret not collecting the Christian bale series line. The tumbler was awesome

It does seem like more will be shown throughout the week. Hopefully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP6Tr8oco3k

"One of the things Hot Toys does exceptionally well is the figure bases..."

LOLOLOLOLOL LIES!! LIES AND KNIVES IN THE DARK!!

*Edit: ...the presenters also seem to think Captain Marvel is responsible for stealing Thanos' Infinity Stones. Can they hire some real nerds please? :lol

It was funny because they mentioned the high quality of Hot Toys bases right as they were panning across the snow painted Jawa base of Snowspeeder Luke :lol

Man those "bases" are awful:mad:

[...]
Man those "bases" are awful:mad:

Years ago they should have decided on a single base style -- either the plain black ovals or something else -- and stuck with it. As it is their stands are all over the place, some of them are nice but don't match anything, others are just plain garbage. If I used stands I'd be pissed about having to replace them all for consistency and quality.

Flight stands and diecast figure stands can't necessarily be consistent with the regular ones, but even so, what a mess. And this new trend for Oreo cookie tray stands is an insult to collectors and cookie trays alike.

Years ago they should have decided on a single base style -- either the plain black ovals or something else -- and stuck with it. As it is their stands are all over the place, some of them are nice but don't match anything, others are just plain garbage. If I used stands I'd be pissed about having to replace them all for consistency and quality.

Flight stands and diecast figure stands can't necessarily be consistent with the regular ones, but even so, what a mess. And this new trend for Oreo cookie tray stands is an insult to collectors and cookie trays alike.

They should issue one of their original oval style bases standard with every figure and also include a dio style base whenever it's appropriate. I kinda enjoy the old death star grate bases and the textured sand and snow versions. But I agree, most of their bases suck and the inconsistency makes it all the more frustrating.

Quick video with high-quality images. The title "Hot Toys Podium - Day 1" also seems to suggest more figures on the way.

Interesting. I must say, EVERYONE SW-related looks great. That Luke is much more interesting than I'd have given him credit for being with me. Everyone is looking right!

Otherwise:

*HT, why this sudden yearning to become Funko Pop? We get this crap, but still no Faora from MoS. Sucks.

*Much of this stuff says "pending licensor approval" so we probably wont be seeing any of that anytime soon. Which, sadly and after ALL THIS TIME includes Jango. Damn it. He's been around for years and still no approval? Okay.

*I wonder what the actual count of Iron Man figures from HT actually is? Its got to be nearing 100....

*I am surprised they are not showing Mando v1.0 or Heavy. I wonder if we will see Cara with season 2 stuff.

Overall this is interesting and yet I feel a vast impatience at being teased with stuff that wont even go up for PO for the next two years and then we'll get a two-year wait-time after that.

I agree. I hate the inconsistency.

Honestly, though not the best. I don't hate the octagonal Sideshow bases. I think if those included a nice name plate as well as attachments like the Hoth figures from years back they'd be a winner.

They should issue one of their original oval style bases standard with every figure and also include a dio style base whenever it's appropriate. I kinda enjoy the old death star grate bases and the textured sand and snow versions. But I agree, most of their bases suck and the inconsistency makes it all the more frustrating.

I think this is a great idea. I recently got the DX Luke, and he came with two stands (a diorama style stand, and a simple one. I actually prefer the simpler stand because it takes up less room, but it still has the Star Wars logo and the character name plate. They should include this for all figures.

I don't know why people think HT is shafting Star Wars fans. I currently have 25 items on pre-order at Sideshow right now with 13 of them being unique Star Wars figures. They're clearly leaning heavily into Mando but that's to be expected with as hot a property as it is right now. They can afford to wait on classic Star Wars characters more than missing out on the Mando hype train.

HT is become very lazy and boring in recent years. Marvel, Star Wars, Troopers, Iron Mans, Spidermans, same headsculpts, variants etc. I mean they shouldnt call this figures "Movie Masterpiece" anymore. I cant see any cult movie figures.

HT is become very lazy and boring in recent years. Marvel, Star Wars, Troopers, Iron Mans, Spidermans, same headsculpts, variants etc. I mean they shouldnt call this figures "Movie Masterpiece" anymore. I cant see any cult movie figures.

Unfortunately for those that would like to collect figures from other, smaller licenses.... those are what sell.

I agree however I guess from HT POV they made it. They achieved the big leagues!!

I don't know why people think HT is shafting Star Wars fans. I currently have 25 items on pre-order at Sideshow right now with 13 of them being unique Star Wars figures. They're clearly leaning heavily into Mando but that's to be expected with as hot a property as it is right now. They can afford to wait on classic Star Wars characters more than missing out on the Mando hype train.

I remember seeing someone post some HT figure release stats from last year on Facebook and it was like 30% of all figures released were Star Wars and 60% were Marvel. 10% was left for everything else including all the Batman stuff. Star Wars collectors should not be complaining.

Looks like the HT stream is just the exact same stuff as earlier today. Was hoping they'd swap it around. Really don't see the point in this stream if it's the exact same figures they've show twice already.

This is really underwhelming so far. The only figure I would consider getting is Snowspeeder Luke. But I wish they would at least do a different head sculpt.

I appreciate that this has been a weird year with lockdowns and so on. I guess that has to have some impact on what companies are able to develop and get out.
I actually appreciate that SS has been able to stream a version of what would be at SDCC, but the reveals have been kinda average. I do love the display for full scale Child. Tested put up a nice video on that earlier.
I guess we'll see if there any surprises they are holding back for later.

Back