SDCC '20 is cancelled, but list your top 10 Star Wars wants anyway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still it's good news right? Con exclusives have been confirmed and hopefully some new prototypes and preorders too. Like many others I have hopes for a Bespin Escape Leia using the same sculpt for the 5th time in a row...;)

I'm really hoping for more releases to celebrate the 40th anniversary of ESB. No-brainers are an updated version of Bespin Luke and a Bespin Escape Leia. Overdue are Bespin Han, Lando, and C3PO. And some nice to have's are a new Chewie, Pilot Luke, Hoth Luke and Han.

I'm really hoping for more releases to celebrate the 40th anniversary of ESB. No-brainers are an updated version of Bespin Luke and a Bespin Escape Leia. Overdue are Bespin Han, Lando, and C3PO. And some nice to have's are a new Chewie, Pilot Luke, Hoth Luke and Han.

Yes to all of these.

I'm sure the Luke would be a 'deluxe' and not a DX. If it's a ****ing actual DX I'm going to go nuts.

Yeah I will not be pleased if I have to buy the same Luke Endor figure to get the speeder bike. In this scenario I'm sure it would eventually be repackaged with a Scout Trooper but in the short term this would be maddening dirty pool by HT.

SO disappointed. :lecture :lol

So we can expect many, many marvel figures including new iron man and spider man figures. At least 7 new Harley Quinn figures. For Star Wars, 5-6 mandalorian figures (but not cara or the ugnaught) and nothing from empire. Did I forget anything?

A FB group I'm in has a guy who works at Disney/Marvel in it. He claimed HT has worked on ESB Han and from what he says Disney has signed off but Ford hasn't. So that may be the simplest answer instead of HT being dumb about releases, if they need his approval and they haven't gotten it, their hands are tied. He said Fisher's likeness is controlled by her estate and is obviously a lot easier going since they've used the same face 3x now.

Is that how it works? I always thought actors just signed over their likeness and didn't have to approve individual pieces of merchandise.

I’d be disappointed, but honestly I could see that Luke and Speeder Bike rumor being true. Both already exist. All they’d have to do is repaint the Speeder Bike to the ROTJ colors and repackage.

Is that how it works? I always thought actors just signed over their likeness and didn't have to approve individual pieces of merchandise.

I believe it depends on the actor's contract. I think contracts were messier back in the Original Trilogy days. Most contracts now, especially for Disney movies, I believe the actors/actresses basically sign over all merchandising and likeness rights as part of the deal when they're hired.

So we can expect many, many marvel figures including new iron man and spider man figures. At least 7 new Harley Quinn figures. For Star Wars, 5-6 mandalorian figures (but not cara or the ugnaught) and nothing from empire. Did I forget anything?

Just the part about *not* getting Spidey in the classic suit and all the figures we do get wearing plastic outfits with printed details. :rotfl

Interesting on the licensing bit if true. This may be the hold up on Lando as well.

Interested to see what is revealed. The Clone Wars seems to be the real wild card on how deep they go into that line.

For the Mandalorian I could see a Death Watch Mando that could utilize already existing Mando and Fett tooling.

For ESB - if they do indeed do more of the retro packaging, Leia Bespin escape as others have said would be an easy release.
I could see the already displayed Bespin Luke 2.0, maybe a re-release of the snowtrooper or better yet the commander variation.
I may be alone on this, but with the smaller scale new Jawa body an Ugnaught could make a great figure.

Last edited:
I’m not sure I buy the speeder bike being a con item. That would be a fairly large box to have made people walk around with. That makes me think twice about that list.

I think the only sure thing on that list is that neon Mark V Iron Man. I will never understand why people love the neon variants of him.

My list of SW wants:
1. ROTJ Darth Vader(with unmasked sculpt)
2. ROTS Padme Amidala
3. ROTJ Lando Calrissian(general)
4. ESB Bespin Luke Skywalker 2.0
5. ANH X-wing Luke Skywalker
6. TPM OBi Wan Kenobi
7. ATOC Padme Amidala
8. ESB Lando Calrissian
9. ROTS Chancellor Palpatine
10. ATOC Anakin Skywalker

I wouldn't say no to Poe Dameron in pilot outfit, Mace Windu, Genral Grievous, TROS Emperor Palpatine(decayed or restored. Either one or both), C3PO or a new Chewbacca. Also I don't get all the Veers love. I would be all in on Admiral Piett if I needed an imperial officer. And ill also go ahead and say I would love a TLJ Rose Tico. I like that character a lot, never understood the hate and although I know she'll never be made, I would buy her figure in a heartbeat.

Back