Sdabbs Creations - open for commissions*new pics added

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sdabbs Creations - open for commissions

Natalie Portman

resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-10-points-for-gryffindor-caef09.jpg

wow, great question! I think the thing I love sculpting is Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman, I could happily sculpt lots of variations of her face - she has such a beutifully fascinating face! (which I still need to master!)

Dream project is, and has been my batman returns stuff, but also Beetlejuice - I literally cannot WAIT until I start on my beetlejuice stuff :D He is another one I will do multiple versions of. And now I have been commissioned to make Keaton as Batman (from returns) I can use that head as a base for beetlejuice

That Battle-Damaged Catwoman is mind-blowing. Hands down one of the best likenesses I've ever seen. Bravo, sir. :clap

It's probably different from sculptor to sculptor, but do you find female portraits easier or harder than males?

Related: Who's the hardest/trickiest likeness you've ever attempted?

That Battle-Damaged Catwoman is mind-blowing. Hands down one of the best likenesses I've ever seen. Bravo, sir. :clap

It's probably different from sculptor to sculptor, but do you find female portraits easier or harder than males?

Related: Who's the hardest/trickiest likeness you've ever attempted?

Thanks mate! :)

Female portraits are generally harder - it's all about 'markers' you see. If you sculpt an old guy you can use the lines on his face as indicators of where the face shape changes - so generally speaking I find old guys easier to sculpt (as long as the reference is good) - or people with strange faces or defining features. Females I find more rewarding though, nailing a female likeness feels great! Saying all this, the hardest face I have had to sculpt is definitely Dean from supernatural, he does not seem to have any defining features, and he has such a 'pretty' yet equally 'manly' face it is just damn hard to nail. I have been working on a V2 of him though and I think I am nearly there :) (I don't like to be beaten lol)

here is an early work-in-progress of something I am currently working on... (10 points if you can guess who it is going to be!)

So the question is, is she Evey from "V FOR VENDETTA", Jane Foster from "THOR", or Amadala from "STAR WARS"? Or from her Sat Night Live appearance? :monkey3

(NSFW-laugh)
https://vimeo.com/51268555

Re: Sdabbs Creations - open for commissions *Natalie Portman WIP*

Nice progress on the Natalie Portman sculpt. Looks to be from the time of V or later. Not so much early years. Though, that can change pretty quickly with Sean's sculpting skills, which I've had the pleasure of hiring for the Chloe Moretz Hit Girl sculpt and another commission - and glad the Carrie Fisher reference pictures were helpful for the ANH Leia sculpt. A real pleasure to watch the likeness and specific expression come to life.

That Natalie Portman is looking spot on!

.. or a fully grown Matilda, waiting for her target..

why don't they bring out that movie!! Damn that would be awesome!

Nice progress on the Natalie Portman sculpt. Looks to be from the time of V or later. Not so much early years. Though, that can change pretty quickly with Sean's sculpting skills, which I've had the pleasure of hiring for the Chloe Moretz Hit Girl sculpt and another commission - and glad the Carrie Fisher reference pictures were helpful for the ANH Leia sculpt. A real pleasure to watch the likeness and specific expression come to life.

Thanks mate, we're aiming for clone wars Padme!

That Natalie Portman is looking spot on!

Thanks buddy :)

Hey Guys

I made these, Dean needs a bit more work but I was wondering if there would be any interest in producing them? Let me know!

samhair_zps341e9364.jpg
deannov29_zpsd54a342c.jpg

Re: Sdabbs Creations - open for commissions *Winchester Brothers interest? see page 1

Yeah... well, hope I can raise funds for a ep1/Leon resculpt later. A Mathilda The Professional movie would be all kinds of awesome.

I can see why you're saying the Dean Winchester Supernatural sculpt needs work. You definitely need to soften the features, possibly narrowing the mouth and making it straighter, softening the brow and his most defining feature is his eyes, which are rather small, but friendly. The current look almost fits Dexter more.

Re: Sdabbs Creations - open for commissions *Winchester Bros interest? page 10* WIP P

How close is the Dean to what was produced. I like the Sam and Bobby I have from WSP but need a pot on Dean.

Re: Sdabbs Creations - open for commissions *Winchester Bros interest? page 10* WIP P

Did some tweaking in photoshop, basically smoothing out those harsh facial lines. You already have the basic likeness, now you just got to smooth everything.

iryo.jpg

thanks buddy!

Welcome. And for Natalie, just find every picture you can from V - for Vendetta and after where she has really short hair - that will give you her exact head shape without the hair being in the way. :)

Wow that some really great work you got there! Love the daryl season 1 any chance of a rick season 4?

Back