Sdabbs Creations - open for commissions*new pics added

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sdabbs Creations - open for commissions*Katniss WIP*advice needed!!*

Katniss doesn't really need a seamless body though right? Since she's fully clothed? Better to have a better articulated body I reckon.

Play Toy seem to have some alright looking bodies. Plus the hand selection looks nice.

PT-HB002-2.jpg

I've only pre ordered, so I don't actually know what the quality is like 'in hand'.

Play Toy's earlier bodies had some reports of materials problems. Premature rot, crumbling of the skin. I have one and its parts were well-colormatched at first, but the colors have shifted already. Quite a bit. After only a couple of months, and not being in the light. Though if the Cameron Diaz head in that promo is the usual size, the height on that one would be good.

The latests Phicens are quite lanky. I'm a late convert to the Flirty Girl bodies, which have gone back to hard materials and moved completely away from rubber. I didn't like them at first viewing, but now I think they may become my favorite female blank. The ankle joints and knees have a smooth blend.

Might be worth consulting SMcG.

I don't have this Phicen Body but the reviews I've read are pretty positive.
It has a Stainless Steel Skeleton Frame with 26 Points of Articulation made to be posed in any position and Not break down where the joints become weak cause it's made of Metal.
Again, don't know in-hand how it is, but it sounds positive.

https://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIPH-PLMB2014S01

Katniss doesn't really need a seamless body though right? Since she's fully clothed? Better to have a better articulated body I reckon.

Play Toy seem to have some alright looking bodies. Plus the hand selection looks nice.

PT-HB002-2.jpg

I've only pre ordered, so I don't actually know what the quality is like 'in hand'.

I believe he is making a Full Figure with Outfit?
Otherwise there is a Barbie version of her which you could probably use as a start and have it customized?

What about the outfit for Katniss?

yep outfit is being sorted - I like this one

katniss-catching-fire-2-537x402.jpg

I am interested at your Katniss figure. Please add me on the list if there is one. Thanks Sean

Will she have any of her accessories?
Thanks!

The stainless steel Phicen is a wonder, but it's too lanky for Katniss and it's really intended for customs that feature skimpy wardrobe with exposed joints and bare feet. There are no ankle joints, which is great visually, but the feet are flappers and the ends of the feet are solid silicone that will not support weight well.

I'd be interested in the head, but would probably just use the Barbie outfit, most of those can fit on one of the Kumik cheap bodies.

That Play Toy HB002 Cameron body is still on pre-order. SMcG has it for $59. So no reviews yet. So far, Lawrence's suggestion looks most right for the character imho, especially clothed the way Sean has indicated.

I am interested at your Katniss figure. Please add me on the list if there is one. Thanks Sean
will do!
Will she have any of her accessories?
Thanks!
YES!! of course :) And a special wig made (by the main prototype wig maker for Barbie)

The stainless steel Phicen is a wonder, but it's too lanky for Katniss and it's really intended for customs that feature skimpy wardrobe with exposed joints and bare feet. There are no ankle joints, which is great visually, but the feet are flappers and the ends of the feet are solid silicone that will not support weight well.

Thanks for your thoughts gruff old bear - appreciated! I like the phicen range, but agree that it is really only needed when the joints are exposed, otherwise it is better to have more flexible/posable figures

I'd be interested in the head, but would probably just use the Barbie outfit, most of those can fit on one of the Kumik cheap bodies.

will only be releasing a full figure - I am releasing exclusively with silent surfer to paint the heads. But, since I will probably be going for the jacket and scarf look it may be an idea to get hold of the barbie outfit as an alternate look
I really like this outfit and look:
View attachment 119903
this is cool - unsure if I will go for it though - lots to think about!!

Out of my price range then, I've already got over $500 out on various projects that haven't been finished or shipped yet. Not going any further till I finally start getting stuff. Don't want to dig this hole any further in case one or more go wrong. Plus I prefer painting the heads myself. Good luck on the project.

I agree, this one is Really Nice and Instantly Recognizable as Katniss from this Movie.
I think the Brown Jacket & Black Jeans is a classy look but I'm not sure most people would know that this
is the Katniss character and not just a Jennifer Lawrence Figure.

I really like this outfit and look:
View attachment 119903

YES!! of course :) And a special wig made (by the main prototype wig maker for Barbie)
That's pretty cool. How much will this be going for? I want to be realistic with whether I'd be able to get it, before taking up somebodies spot on an interest list.
That Play Toy HB002 Cameron body is still on pre-order. SMcG has it for $59. So no reviews yet. So far, Lawrence's suggestion looks most right for the character imho, especially clothed the way Sean has indicated.
Or the body without the sculpt, for around $34. Maybe the medium bust? Or maybe the small bust?

Last edited:

Yep, I looked at the smaller bust as well. It's the curvy hips that Katniss needs. I haven't looked for this without the head. Good scouting, Lawrence! :clap

Any of these look right to you, Sean? It's your yard we're playing in. I'm really glad to know Nathan is on board, and happy to pay the premium. He's worth it.

Yep, I looked at the smaller bust as well. It's the curvy hips that Katniss needs. I haven't looked for this without the head. Good scouting, Lawrence! :clap

Any of these look right to you, Sean? It's your yard we're playing in. I'm really glad to know Nathan is on board, and happy to pay the premium. He's worth it.

these look great guys!! thanks for the help :)

For those interested in Katniss:
Which outfit would you be more interested in?

katniss-catching-fire-2-537x402.jpg

or

1katnisssoloempirenov13.jpg

Back