SCUM AND VILLAINY LINE ANNOUNCED!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darklord Dave said:
Okay, say they did a Jabba - what would you all feel is a fair price point?
I don't know. $70, perhaps $80? As long as the SSC 12" figures don't hit the Hot Toys or Medicom price range, it's fine with me. Besides the fantastic quality SSC delivers (hurray for the sculptors, tailors, and graphic arts team, they should be aware that the attractive price of their 12" figures is one of their great advantages. As is the limited production run of their figures, IMO. All of that really makes those SSC 12" figures really special. Hopefully, it stays that way. The introduction of inclusive ordering, the Sith Probe Droid expansion pack, and the fact that the ES for the inclusive Maul are not released, makes me belive that they are - learning - from Hasbro... That worries me. A bit. Sorry for going 'off topic'.

I don't mean to pick on anyone, but...

$70? So $5 more than their highest price figure that uses a standard body?

$125? But only if it includes his throne?

See that's why I don't think they'll do Jabba. I'd expect that even if he's just a vinyl, that the slug by himself would be $150-175. If he has any fancy accessories or the throne It'd be twice that.

So bring on Greedo!

Mine was just off the top of my head. It depends on how big he is to be in scale. I would bump it up to 175 if he rocks the house. I'm pretty sure he would have a much smaller edition size as well.

I think Jabba would be above the 100 dollar mark just for the figure himself since it would be a ground up figure. Just like Yoda will have to be a higher peice due to the need for a new body.

I'm just not expecting a 12" scale Jabba anytime soon. They need to take the next step into armored figures before getting into completely new body types.

I dunno, greedo is so....ho-hum. Oh boy, look a green jerk who gets blasted in public. I just couldn't do it. I'm pumped for thisline, but thisis like such a let down after Maul if it is Greedo, IMO. That's just me, I've always hated him. Couldn't even be cool enough to shoot first.

It just occured to me...as we all know that Jabba wanted Han alive. After all Boba said, "He's no good to me dead." And its unlikely Jabba rescinds a dead or alive bounty for just an alive one three years later. So not just does it suck that Greedo now shoots first, but it makes no sense either. I have no doubt most people already figured this out, but apparently I'm a little slow on the draw and I'm just so proud of myself for finally figuring this out that I just had to post it! :lol

PosterBoyKelly said:
I dunno, greedo is so....ho-hum. Oh boy, look a green jerk who gets blasted in public. I just couldn't do it. I'm pumped for thisline, but thisis like such a let down after Maul if it is Greedo, IMO.

I concur.:emperor

Since we all assume it would be Greedo is it really going to be him? What if we got a 12" ESB Boba Fett? Apparently the 1:1 busts are not affecting the 12"ers (Greedo still = Good choice), but since Boba is so popular, do you think he could stand as a 12" as well? I know it seems unlikely for them to make two Bobas at once, but I guess anything is possible. While Greedo seems perfect he really isn't. He had about 1 minute of screen time yet he is well known and popular (sounds kinda like Boba too huh?). I think Sideshow might just through us for a loop and do somebody different like Dengar or Bossk or any other Bounty Hunter that isn't a droid or part droid. Either way I'll be happy with just about anyone that could fit under this title.

Jabba with articulated arms, mouth, tongue and tail. Pipe and bowl with froggies and a big ass throne....$300 easy. And I'd pay it. Oh yes, I would pay it.

And we're not talking a whole new body type. That's like saying the Invader from TZ is a body type, implying it would ever be used for anything else, which it wouldn't. Hollow vinyl is the way to go. Rotocast him!

Customikey said:
Jabba with articulated arms, mouth, tongue and tail. Pipe and bowl with froggies and a big ass throne....$300 easy. And I'd pay it. Oh yes, I would pay it.

for $300 I'd want the sail barge as well.

$300 is less than most PFs. Considering Jabba is the size of a PF I don't think that would be unreasonable.

I couldn't see a 1/6th Jabba being less than $150. It would probably depend on materials used and if it had articulation, or was flexible, or was just a statue. I'd like to be able to move the tail, arms and tongue at least. I could see myself paying up to $250, beyond that I'd have to think (who am I kidding, I'd probably still buy it). The Illusive Concepts Jabba is supposedly 1/6 and is 12" tall and 24" long, and I've seen it in person and it is massive. I'd love to see a Sideshow 1/6 Jabba. As for the 1st S&V figure, it'll probably be Greedo, but I'd love to see a Jango Fett. I'm guessing Greedo won't have an inclusive edition.

Agent0028 said:
It just occured to me...as we all know that Jabba wanted Han alive. After all Boba said, "He's no good to me dead." And its unlikely Jabba rescinds a dead or alive bounty for just an alive one three years later. So not just does it suck that Greedo now shoots first, but it makes no sense either. I have no doubt most people already figured this out, but apparently I'm a little slow on the draw and I'm just so proud of myself for finally figuring this out that I just had to post it! :lol

It would make sense to me...because Greedo is a chump! He'd screw the whole deal up. Sorry for the hate, but I do, and I let it consume me.

For the S & V line, I would love to see SSC do the bounty hunters, all of the scumbags at Jabba's palace and the seedy characters at the Cantina! :monkey5

Back