Screen Play BATARMORY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT ALWAYS start with the less popular item first. This way, they can get business from the impatient hyped up buyers and completists. And when those are sold out, then they release the main item.

Just like why they'd release a SWAT Lt. Gordon as opposed to Commissioner Gordon and the TDKR Bat Armory as opposed to the TDK armory.

It is this way for all these types of businesses. But I think as of a few years ago HT has really taken off with this way of marketing to the consumer. I think they seriously swapped ideas with sideshow, that being the HT's figure making ideas for sideshow's marketing. Lol.

It will be nice to see what H.T. does with the bat armory(it looks incomplete in the pic) & what kind of price point they come up with. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

It will be nice to see what H.T. does with the bat armory(it looks incomplete in the pic) & what kind of price point they come up with. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

I think that the Ironman armory is a good point to start at, thinking of the details/moving parts and led lighting that I'm sure they'll do, I could see them going 200, maybe even 250. But it will be a better deal than this 450 fan made one. With HT now making one, why take a chance on an unproven group of fan crafters.

I hope my IM HoA Poll Thread is accurate and that people who votes actually kept their word :lol if those polls are any indication, then hopefully HT take note and start pricing these at a reasonable price point.

I think that the Ironman armory is a good point to start at, thinking of the details/moving parts and led lighting that I'm sure they'll do, I could see them going 200, maybe even 250. But it will be a better deal than this 450 fan made one. With HT now making one, why take a chance on an unproven group of fan crafters.

Because it might be more accurate and of superior quality?:dunno

Because it might be more accurate and of superior quality?:dunno

Exactly right, "might" be. But for 200 upfront, a 16-18 week wait time, and dealing with an unproven group, why take the chance. Whos to say they wont flees everyone and just make off with all the deposits.

Exactly right, "might" be. But for 200 upfront, a 16-18 week wait time, and dealing with an unproven group, why take the chance. Whos to say they wont flees everyone and just make off with all the deposits.

I agree. 450 isn't exactly cheap. It's nearly the same price as the tumbler.

The IM gantry was expensive but you know what? It looks fantastic and I've had no issues with it. I would rather give HT my money via SS just because I'm more confident that if there's an issue it will be dealt with.

The Screen Play armory also clearly stated that you can't expect their product to have the same finish as big companies. So why take the risk.

I agree. 450 isn't exactly cheap. It's nearly the same price as the tumbler.

The IM gantry was expensive but you know what? It looks fantastic and I've had no issues with it. I would rather give HT my money via SS just because I'm more confident that if there's an issue it will be dealt with.

The Screen Play armory also clearly stated that you can't expect their product to have the same finish as big companies. So why take the risk.

Ok, but with our mate's Patara Batarmory you don't take the risk and the quality seem to be superior than Hottoys...:lecture

This hobby is getting out of control price wise. I know that's all to often a standard complaint but I think every ridiculously priced item just pushes prices way beyond anything justifiable.

This with no suit, no gadgets is 450 or I can get an officially licensed fully detailed tumblr from HT with LEDs??....(wth) This thing should be 140 at the most. I hope they don't sell a single one otherwise this trend is going to destroy this hobby.

Ok, but with our mate's Patara Batarmory you don't take the risk and the quality seem to be superior than Hottoys...:lecture

You don't get to say that. The HT armory isn't at a point where we could accurately judge it. That's like saying that someone's polished and painted head sculpt is better than the one that's rough, unpainted, and lacking a nose.

You don't get to say that. The HT armory isn't at a point where we could accurately judge it. That's like saying that someone's polished and painted head sculpt is better than the one that's rough, unpainted, and lacking a nose.

We can talk about materials...i think Hottoys one will be made from plastic...

Patara's batbox has been constructed from wood, plastic and metal.

yes the materials is better,and i hope hot toys is plastic so i dont pay 600-700$!
but accuracy??
i think hot toys got the win!!

Materials aren't what matters, accuracy is what matters.:lecture

Both are important factors mate! But i agree with you, accuracy is a very important factor!:lecture
With Void's directions i hope the custom batbox will be as accurate as possible!

Back