Scorpion problem in my house...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So guess what I just found skittering around the living room.

It has begun.

:yess::clap

Winter can't seem to find it's way out of the High Desert here in So Cal. Been in the low 40's each of the past 3-4 mornings and yesterday I am told we had snow flurries.

Not a good time for the scorpions to come out, yet. I can't wait until they do!

I've just walked into my kitchen and there was ants everywhere !. I've never had them in here before and I've got nothing to use in against them tonight , it's the worst room they could be in.
I've just read they don't like tumeric and I had some of that so put a bit down from where they appear to be coming from.

Any ideas ?.

I've just walked into my kitchen and there was ants everywhere !. I've never had them in here before and I've got nothing to use in against them tonight , it's the worst room they could be in.
I've just read they don't like tumeric and I had some of that so put a bit down from where they appear to be coming from.

Any ideas ?.

My parents get ants every year in their kitchen. They use some sort of white powder around the areas they tend to come through. Will find out for you tomorrow :duff

Thanks ,I think we used to use ant powder at our old house but it's been years , I've just been reading about some sort of bait trap you can buy online that they then take back to the nest to kill the queen. I'm knackered, damn ants !. :mad::rotfl

What about sticky traps? You could get some of those and put a few potato chips on them or something.

Anyway, the funeral:

"Why? Why are the innocent punished? Why the sacrifice? Why the pain?"

IMAG0324_zps1a6df78d.jpg

"There aren't any promises. Nothing certain. Only that some get called, some get saved."

IMAG0323_zpse606c1d8.jpg

"They won't ever know the hardship and grief for those of us left behind."

IMAG0325_zpsa776f65a.jpg

"We commit these bodies to the void, with a glad heart."

IMAG0326_zps6f99b704.jpg

"For within each seed, there is a promise of a flower, and within each death, no matter how small, there's always a new life. A new beginning."

IMAG0327_zps4adb5fef.jpg

"Amen."

And then this happens.

t_19598.jpg

Any ideas ?.

I swear by this stuff to get rid of ants. Easy to find in the Wal-Mart garden center.

Thanks once again to my wife, I have acquired a new scorpion. It appears to be the same as the last one. Not quite as large...but close. I am working on a more positive identification for it.

OK...got the positive ID on this guy. He is a hadrurus spadix. More commonly called the Northern Desert Hairy Scorpion.

That is an awesome, classic looking scorpion. You should post some pics.

I haven't found any this summer surprisingly. Just a ton of frogs & toads. :dunno

Since Tony Chachere ( my daughter named him) died, I have been on the lookout for a replacement. I had no luck at all and it was my wife who came through (again) for me.

I think that seeing as how this is a "Desert Hairy" scorpion, I have decided to name him "Dirty Harry".

I just learned that I very likely killed Tony. I was just reading that the Northern Desert Hairy Scorpion should eat once a week in the warm seasons and once a month in the winter and that over-feeding can kill them.

So I am thinking that my feeding him every day for 7 months or so eventually did him in.

Sucks.

Here is a quick shot from a camera phone. He will be virtually indistuingishable from Tony unless close attention is paid to the size.

Back