Scorpion problem in my house...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deak Starkiller

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, so I just moved and in my new house there is a bit of a scorpion problem. Any Freaks here know what I can do to get these motherfrakkers outta my place? I found one in my son's bathtub and it scared the sh_t out of me. I read online that you can seal your home (I get that), kill their food supply, etc. Anyone know of a good pesticide that is good for inside and outside your home? Thanks for any and all input. :wave

Last edited:
Where do you live?

When we first moved here there weren't many houses and it was almost like a desert, we had found scorpions in the house a few times, but since all the housing developments sprung up we haven't had any of those problems. (also had a nasty grasshopper problem).

call this lady
zelda.jpg

............she makes house calls & will declare your house is "clean"

You should run away!!!

:lol Thanks.

Where do you live? Arizona

And by your handle did Nam get bounced?

AZ yup, and yeah NAM got the ax for two weeks. :monkey2

Where do you live?

When we first moved here there weren't many houses and it was almost like a desert, we had found scorpions in the house a few times, but since all the housing developments sprung up we haven't had any of those problems. (also had a nasty grasshopper problem).

AZ. A new hotel went up not too long ago and I guess ever since the 'hood has been crawling with them.

call this lady
zelda.jpg

............she makes house calls & will declare your house is "clean"

So, walk into the light?

Call Subzero

:D

I knew I'd get this kind of response. :rock

Best way to deal with your Scorpion problem:

subzerox.jpg

:monkey3

Incurable Collector beat me by 2 minutes. :lol

:rotfl

You need this guy:

mac_predator-300x225.gif

Anytime

Mac is badass, although for a bug hunt I would think Hicks or Hudson would be better.

Great now I feel like I'm in Eli's thread. Yeah I guess I'll go to the HOME DE-POT tomorrow and figure something out. And NAM got NAM'd for being you know...NAM. I can't say anymore cause then I'll get NAM'd. He did say he'll be back in two weeks. :(

That sucks Nick.

first of all, when you bought the house, did they disclose that scorpions were on the property? I got out of a contract once I found out that the home had scorpions. It is supposed to be disclosed when you buy the house, not sure about new homes though.

Second, to try and stop them, I would definitely recommend putting down some of the Ortho Max. The long lasting (6-12 months) that is in granule form is what I use 2X a year. I don't have a scorpion problem, but I do have dogs, which eat dog food, which crickets are attracted to, which black widows are attracted to. So I put this down twice a year (actually, I should do it again pretty soon) using one of those hand spinning fertilizer spreaders. You got to spray it afterwards with a hose. Or better yet, if it ever rains here again, do it just before, but hopefully not to heavy of a rain as it will just get washed away. If I don't do this, crickets start coming into the house.

I'm not a big fan of the pest companies, I don't think they can do much more than we can if you're willing to do it yourself. I had a "tick" problem when I re-landscaped my backyard and turned over a bunch of earth and then ticks came out of the ground and into my house, as in I could see them crawling up the walls. I got a pest person out here, and $200 later, I still had the same problem, until I just went out and bought a bunch of chemicals and nuked the perimeter of my home and kept myself and the pets inside for a few days.

Third, and I hate to tell you this, but scorpions tend to live in nest underground. And sometimes your house can be built on top of them, and you'll be dealing with them forever. I don't know if you can really "get rid" of them if you are on top of a nest. I believe the nest's can encompass a large area underground, so it's not just one home that can be affected, it's the neighborhood. I would ask the neighbors if they have the same problems as you are seeing and what they do.

Fourth, go outside with a blacklight at night time to see how bad the problem is.

I've only seen one in my yard, and it was when I was re-doing my backyard. I stepped on it; it was a little baby one, but haven't seen any since. I did see a black widow spun up in a web on my pool pump, and that was also killed.

Also, if you have an ant problem ever, I highly recommend "Andro." That ???? is the bomb. Ants love it, and all you need is a bout a cup spread all around your yard, and they take it back to their nest, underground, and no more ants the next day.

I want to know too. supposedly Devil76 knows, but I didn't ask any further.

that deserves its own inquiry thread...............MESA...........make it happen......:whip

:lol

Back