Statue Schomberg studios 20" cast bronze rocky statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to have the 28" version also. But theirs no way im paying $85k for it. And that's only for the 28" version, Cynthia was telling me the 3 full scale statues made for the movie are selling for $1,250,000 each!

As for the display, I dont mind leaving it out in the open. Its solid metal and marble, its pretty much weather proof. The only reason im making a display case for it is so I can light it up properly.

Chris

How was it packed?The 20" statue i have came in styrofoam inside a Rocky box.

Any COA with Mr Schomberg's autograph?

How was it packed?The 20" statue i have came in styrofoam inside a Rocky box.

Any COA with Mr Schomberg's autograph?

The statues get shipped inside a cloth bag. It wasn't any sort of special box, just a simple brown shipper box. The foam that was used was that stuff you spray on as a liquid and then expands into a giant block of foam and hardens. They placed the statue in it while it was still hardening so it made a perfect impression of the statue in the foam. They repeated the same process for the top half.

Their was no COA in the box. It's being mailed out separately. Cynthia tells me it had to be sent to Tom schomberg in California to be signed, then it will be mailed to me from there.

Chris

Last edited:
Well at least you get a COA with it.

I really wish this was bigger,imagine twice the size for twice the price,now that would be something i would easily get.

I agree, I would love a bigger version and would pay more. The 28" version posted above indeed looks more like the original too.

How about we all email them and request them to make a special larger version for the forum? :) Limited edition of 30? Anything over 25" is fine with me.

Here is their email:
[email protected]

DO IT!

Ya Canada customs sucks big time. I was charged just under $400 for each piece when I picked them up.

Dollar value aside though it's a great piece. Every time I look at it, it pumps me up for the day. Sorta like the feeling you get after watching the movies.

Reminds me to never give up!

Chris

Just checked how much it would cost me to import this statue.You say Canadian customs suck,i just found out im getting charged like 25% of the statue's value which is 650$ and im using Fedex.The cheapest option.

DHL are the worst though,the few times ive used them im getting charged about 50% of the items value which is why i will never use them again.

Received my bronze plated 20 inch version today.. I love it, yea its not cast in bronze but its a damn fine statue. Happy to have it

Received my bronze plated 20 inch version today.. I love it, yea its not cast in bronze but its a damn fine statue. Happy to have it

Can you post any pics?
I'm thinking in getting one myself. I have the 12 size version.

I would love to have the 28" version also. But theirs no way im paying $85k for it. And that's only for the 28" version, Cynthia was telling me the 3 full scale statues made for the movie are selling for $1,250,000 each!

As for the display, I dont mind leaving it out in the open. Its solid metal and marble, its pretty much weather proof. The only reason im making a display case for it is so I can light it up properly.

Chris

Is it really that heavy? 13 kgs??? (i'm from Europe).
What's the dimensions of the marble base?
And what's the weight of the 20 size cheaper one version?
Thanks.

Just checked how much it would cost me to import this statue.You say Canadian customs suck,i just found out im getting charged like 25% of the statue's value which is 650$ and im using Fedex.The cheapest option.

DHL are the worst though,the few times ive used them im getting charged about 50% of the items value which is why i will never use them again.

That really sucks man. You gatta decide if its worth it to you. Just remember the longer you wait the more its going to cost you. Cynthia only has one piece left at $2600, anything after that will start at $3600.

Is it really that heavy? 13 kgs??? (i'm from Europe).
What's the dimensions of the marble base?
And what's the weight of the 20 size cheaper one version?
Thanks.

Hey, I tried responding to your PM but it bounced back saying you weren't allowed to receive PM's.

The cast bronze piece weighs around 30lbs. Base is about 5"x5"x6" tall.

I have no idea how much the polystone version weighs though.

Chris

I have the Polystone statues and the 20" one is nowhere near 13kg/30lbs like the bronze is even if the product specs say so.
The base is the heaviest part of it,the rest is very light.

I have the Polystone statues and the 20" one is nowhere near 13kg/30lbs like the bronze is even if the product specs say so.
The base is the heaviest part of it,the rest is very light.

Are you saying both 20 size versions weights the same?

That really sucks man. You gatta decide if its worth it to you. Just remember the longer you wait the more its going to cost you. Cynthia only has one piece left at $2600, anything after that will start at $3600.

Hey, I tried responding to your PM but it bounced back saying you weren't allowed to receive PM's.

The cast bronze piece weighs around 30lbs. Base is about 5"x5"x6" tall.

I have no idea how much the polystone version weighs though.

Chris

Thanks Atheris for your information.

Last edited:
Got mine today and here is a comparison with the cheaper Polystone version.
Yeah the pic is a bit too bright,will take better pics later.

It is definitely worth it if you are a die hard Rocky fan,but for those who doesn't want to spend that kind of money on this,the Polystone is actually more than good enough imo.

ATHERIS:I sent you a PM earlier today and hope you get a chance to get back to me.I have an important question i hope you can help me with:)

Got mine today and here is a comparison with the cheaper Polystone version.
Yeah the pic is a bit too bright,will take better pics later.

It is definitely worth it if you are a die hard Rocky fan,but for those who doesn't want to spend that kind of money on this,the Polystone is actually more than good enough imo.

ATHERIS:I sent you a PM earlier today and hope you get a chance to get back to me.I have an important question i hope you can help me with:)

Congratulations Rock83!:clap

I also received mine last week from Schomberg studios. Did you buy yours on Ebay (Man of Action Figures)?
I bought mine and Cynthia told me was the last one of the first production.
Now they are making more statues (in case anyone is interested) but a the new price of 3500 US.
I'm thinking of making an engraved plaque as the original one in Philadelphia, and also looking for a nice base for the statue.
I will leave it without any case as that's how statues should be, but would like to see Atheris display case.
I also will try to leave a photo when i have the chance.
Greetings from Barcelona,Spain.

Actually,i got mine directly from Cynthia myself.I got number 40 which is the last one of the first run.The number is on the bronze plate he is standing on.Not the base itself.Check yours to see which one you got.

I PM'd you about something,hope you can get back to me.

Yeah i want a similar base for mine as well and if you have a trick or two how to seperate the statue from it's base please share.Im scared to death to even try for something like that on a 2600$ statue.

Actually,i got mine directly from Cynthia myself.I got number 40 which is the last one of the first run.The number is on the bronze plate he is standing on.Not the base itself.Check yours to see which one you got.

I PM'd you about something,hope you can get back to me.

Yeah i want a similar base for mine as well and if you have a trick or two how to seperate the statue from it's base please share.Im scared to death to even try for something like that on a 2600$ statue.

I have a question for you Rock83, why would you pay $2,600 and then another $650 in customs fees and then ruin the value of this great limited edition collectible sculpture by trying to remove it from it's base?:cuckoo::horror:gah:

This would be like buying a Picasso painting and repainting it. The worst thing you can do is try to alter a high end collectible. If it's something cheap, who cares, but a piece that cost you over $3,000. I once watched a collectibles show and a guy brought in a nazi medal and it was almost worthless because the collector altered it by cleaning it with silver cleaner. lessen to be learned, you should never restore or alter a collectible, it well seriously decrease it's value.

The only reason you should ever remove this sculpture from it's base is if you wanted to glue it to your cars hood and use it as a hood ornament on your pimp mobile in Norway lol

Last edited:
I would never do it if i wasn't a 100% sure i knew what i was doing.With other collectibles i can see myself sell in a few years,no i wouldn't change anything.But this is a keeper for Life,that im a 100% sure of so i wouldn't mind trying but like i said i would never try if i didn't know what i was doing.
If this looses it's value,i don't care because i will never sell it.

Getting a base made is not the hard part,but removing it from it's base would be the tricky part as far as i know,but i know little about these things so i won't dare touching it as of right now.I might try first with my cheaper Polystone and see if it works.I have considered asking Cynthia about it but im afraid it might come out as disrespectful towards Thomas Schomberg.

I will listen to people who knows these things.

I would never do it if i wasn't a 100% sure i knew what i was doing.With other collectibles i can see myself sell in a few years,no i wouldn't change anything.But this is a keeper for Life,that im a 100% sure of so i wouldn't mind trying but like i said i would never try if i didn't know what i was doing.
If this looses it's value,i don't care because i will never sell it.

Getting a base made is not the hard part,but removing it from it's base would be the tricky part as far as i know,but i know little about these things so i won't dare touching it as of right now.I might try first with my cheaper Polystone and see if it works.I have considered asking Cynthia about it but im afraid it might come out as disrespectful towards Thomas Schomberg.

I will listen to people who knows these things.

You beat me to the best question, asking Cynthia Schomberg about doing this? I would love to hear her answer to this, I think she would think you were crazy and then she would say under know circumstances are we going to fix it or replace it once you destroy the sculpture.

As far as you're never going to sell the sculpture and this is a keeper for life:slap you must be really young, nothing is for life lol how many times on here have you heard a collector say he's selling a collectible that he never thought he would ever sell? How many times have you been at a wedding and said, look how in love they are, they well be married forever, and then in a couple of years they are divorced. I'm just telling it like it is, from experience.

Like i said,my Polystone would be my test IF i would go through with this and wouldn't do anything unless im a 100% sure what to do.
This is a 2600$ statue,you think im gonna go all in and risk it without the necessary knowledge?

Right now,it's just an interest and the Bronze statue is a high risk task,so i will just use the Polystone statue for this possible project.

Back