Statue Schomberg studios 20" cast bronze rocky statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atheris

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got this in last night. My cast bronze Rocky statue by Schomberg studios. I've been a Rocky nut since I was a kid and just had to have this in the collection. In fact, I bought two of them, one for my dad who's also a huge rocky fan.

This is #34 of 100 made. It's full cast bronze with black marble base, comes with COA and signed by Mr. Schomberg himself.

The piece stands 20" tall and weighs about 30lbs.

d1ff72cd.jpg

9c2ebdcb.jpg

7cd0b527.jpg

48bd1a80.jpg

2814e7fe.jpg

97e487f3.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
First time ive seen in hand pics of this one.

It is an ultimate Rocky piece for sure.I would totally get it if it was a bit bigger.Ive chatted with Mr and Mrs Schomberg a few times and asked if he would offer this one in a bigger size in the near future.The answer was NO,because he allready made 10 of them many years ago in 28" and he chooses to protect the collectors who allready got those 10.

Congrats man,you can't get any closer to the real thing than that one,made by the hands of the artist who made the real Rocky statue famous,and that alone makes this piece extra special.

Congrats, it's beautiful, you're the first one to get the higher end version on this forum, never seen pics of this one, I have the cheaper 12'' and 20'' bronze plated versions. $2,600 is a lot, but from your pics on would love to upgrade one of these days.

Do you have the bronze statue from 1979 of Rocky VS Apollo? It was commission for MGM prior to the release of Rocky II. It was sculpted by Giovanni Schoeman. I have this great statue, came in three different versions, bronze plated, bronze, and marble. $1500 and up in 1979, they advertised this piece in Playboy and showed Stallone in the advertisement with the sculptor. If you don't have it you should look into getting it, it's very rare now but from time to time you can find one on ebay.

First time ive seen in hand pics of this one.

It is an ultimate Rocky piece for sure.I would totally get it if it was a bit bigger.Ive chatted with Mr and Mrs Schomberg a few times and asked if he would offer this one in a bigger size in the near future.The answer was NO,because he allready made 10 of them many years ago in 28" and he chooses to protect the collectors who allready got those 10.

Congrats man,you can't get any closer to the real thing than that one,made by the hands of the artist who made the real Rocky statue famous,and that alone makes this piece extra special.

Thanks, it is definatly a great piece im very happy with it. I didn't know of the 28" version. But now you got my interest, do you have any pictures of it? Only 10 pieces is a very limited edition for sure. If I found one for sale I may consider it, but it sounds like a long shot. I think schombergs answer to your question was an honorable one.

Call me crazy, but I've had my eye on the cast bronze bust made by Schomberg. It's listed here for 22k, which is a huge price for a bust.

https://www.harveyabramsbooks.com/501c3Rockybust.html

Congrats, it's beautiful, you're the first one to get the higher end version on this forum, never seen pics of this one, I have the cheaper 12'' and 20'' bronze plated versions. $2,600 is a lot, but from your pics on would love to upgrade one of these days.

Do you have the bronze statue from 1979 of Rocky VS Apollo? It was commission for MGM prior to the release of Rocky II. It was sculpted by Giovanni Schoeman. I have this great statue, came in three different versions, bronze plated, bronze, and marble. $1500 and up in 1979, they advertised this piece in Playboy and showed Stallone in the advertisement with the sculptor. If you don't have it you should look into getting it, it's very rare now but from time to time you can find one on ebay.

Thanks!

Yes this piece is definatly awesome. I'm really glad I decided to get this piece, I haven't seen any in hand pics of it ether up until I created this thread. I'm planning to start up a YouTube channel to review my collection along with this piece soon. I haven't seen the pieces your refering to but if you have any pictures or links to what it is I'll definatly consider it, considering the rocky fan I am :)

Chris

Thanks, it is definatly a great piece im very happy with it. I didn't know of the 28" version. But now you got my interest, do you have any pictures of it? Only 10 pieces is a very limited edition for sure. If I found one for sale I may consider it, but it sounds like a long shot. I think schombergs answer to your question was an honorable one.

Call me crazy, but I've had my eye on the cast bronze bust made by Schomberg. It's listed here for 22k, which is a huge price for a bust.

https://www.harveyabramsbooks.com/501c3Rockybust.html

Unfortunately no,i forgot to ask about pics because it didn't matter to me when chances to get hold of one is like zero.

Ive seen the bust before,but the price is just crazy and a bust is not that necessary really.

Here's a couple more pics I took for size comparison. Sorry about the picture quality, it's a very dark room which I have been meaning to change to another color.

Believe it or not, I took these pictures during the day with sun shining through the window lol

ab52f794.jpg

8f3d2b6e.jpg

c149d1b3.jpg

ab1aa11f.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
I see it. :)

I actually owned the fake bronze pieces before. I liked them but kind of always wanted the real bronze piece. Now that I see pictures of it I am really liking it! Seriously thinking about picking the real bronze piece up now.

Thanks for posting. I wish it were a little bigger too but might place my order for it.

I had my eye on this for a while and finally bought it today. Its been around now for several years and im sure the quantity is got to be getting low and didnt want to miss out on this.

Of course I bought the $395 version..

Question for the OP, is it 20" from the bottom of the base to the top of the glove or is just the figure itself 20"?

I had my eye on this for a while and finally bought it today. Its been around now for several years and im sure the quantity is got to be getting low and didnt want to miss out on this.

Of course I bought the $395 version..

Question for the OP, is it 20" from the bottom of the base to the top of the glove or is just the figure itself 20"?

Its 20" from the base to the top of his gloves. You bought the bronze plated version or the "cast" bronze version?

If your interested, I suggest you order it soon. Last I spoke to Mrs. Schomberg she told me they only had 3 cast bronze pieces left available. I bought two, so that leaves one still up for sale. Theirs only 100 of these being made, they are very rare and will be impossible to find once their sold out.

Im never selling mine :)

Chris

Last edited:
I could only swing the bronze plated version for $395. Would love the cast bronze piece but at $2600, I couldn't swing it.

Interesting that they only have 1 cast bronze statue left as I see sideshow saying that the bronze plated version is down to under 30 left. And it has said under 30 for a long time now so were literally down to just a few of these left, regardless of version.

Sort of surprised that these have been available for as long as they have as Rocky is such a loved franchise when I see crappy premium format figures sellout constantly.

I guess I win in this case because of it

I just noticed you live in Canada.Damn those custom fees must have hurt,importing 5200$ worth stuff can't be cheap.

This is also one of the reasons i haven't bought this,because of the fees:gah:

I just noticed you live in Canada.Damn those custom fees must have hurt,importing 5200$ worth stuff can't be cheap.

This is also one of the reasons i haven't bought this,because of the fees:gah:

Ya Canada customs sucks big time. I was charged just under $400 for each piece when I picked them up.

Dollar value aside though it's a great piece. Every time I look at it, it pumps me up for the day. Sorta like the feeling you get after watching the movies.

Reminds me to never give up!

Chris

Last edited:
I just spoke with Cynthia schomberg.

She said that they have the last one on hold for someone that haven't decided yet.BUT they have only sold 40 of these LE 100 statues so far for 2600$ that was allready made a long time ago.She said a next group will be produced,the remaining 60 perhaps but for a different price.I asked her what the difference will be because of the chance in price,still waiting for a response.

Last edited:
I have the Rocky 20 inch Polystone Statue. I really like it and I am a huge Rocky fan also. I got it for a real cheap price along time ago for half the price at MGM store one year during Christmas time. I just couldn't pass up the deal.

Congrats on receiving the cast bronze statue. It look great! :clap

She said that they have the last one on hold for someone that haven't decided yet.BUT they have only sold 40 of these LE 100 statues so far for 2600$ that was allready made a long time ago.She said a next group will be produced,the remaining 60 perhaps but for a different price.I asked her what the difference will be because of the chance in price,still waiting for a response.

Increasing the price form $2,600 to $3,600 for a statue that only sold 40 pieces world wide, and was released in 2006:slap Maybe the cost of the materials has gone up and caused the price increase. I don't understand how they can say it's limited to 100 when they only made 40 statues since it was first released 6 years ago:cuckoo: If you were in business would you make another 60 statues and charge $3,600 for something that only sold 40 statues at $2,600 in a 6 year period. Sounds like an SAT math question lol.

Rock83 I have a question for you and the collector from Canada, I had know idea you guys pay such high custom taxes, can you please explain what they do with these taxes in your country? and why are they so high? The poor guy from Canada paid $400 extra, per statue, that's crazy. Taking $800 from me would cause me to just quit the hobby, that's an 89 HT Batmobile, with a little extra $$$$$$$$$$ for a lobster dinner and a bottle of wine.

Ya, she told me the new price will start at $3600 and will go up from there for the last 40 pieces. Im not sure why, I would guess its the same deal SS did with their Boba fett bronze statue where they sold it at different prices for different edition numbers.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=7174

I also asked Cynthia about the 28" Rocky statue a member here mentioned. I was really considering going on the hunt for it and purchase one if I found it for sale. However, Cynthia tells me the 28" statue was made in 1980 while they were working with Stallone with an ES of only 10 and sold for $8500 at the time. She tells me the current market value of the 28" version (IF I can even find one) would go for approximately $85,000.00US :thud:

Im not new to spending big money on my collectibles, but $85k on a single piece is a little extreme to me. Wish I was around to invest in that piece in 1980, I would have bought TWO.

Here's a picture Cynthia sent me of it
d07a7344.jpg

Eventually though, everything sells. One day all 100 20" cast bronze pieces will be gone. Im happy I was able to get one into my collection.

Increasing the price form $2,600 to $3,600 for a statue that only sold 40 pieces world wide, and was released in 2006:slap Maybe the cost of the materials has gone up and caused the price increase. I don't understand how they can say it's limited to 100 when they only made 40 statues since it was first released 6 years ago:cuckoo: If you were in business would you make another 60 statues and charge $3,600 for something that only sold 40 statues at $2,600 in a 6 year period. Sounds like an SAT math question lol.

Rock83 I have a question for you and the collector from Canada, I had know idea you guys pay such high custom taxes, can you please explain what they do with these taxes in your country? and why are they so high? The poor guy from Canada paid $400 extra, per statue, that's crazy. Taking $800 from me would cause me to just quit the hobby, that's an 89 HT Batmobile, with a little extra $$$$$$$$$$ for a lobster dinner and a bottle of wine.

I guess Schomberg is banking on their name and the authenticity of the piece since they were the ones hired for the movie statue. I can only hope that one day when all 100 cast bronze statues sell that the value of these pieces will go up. But as I said, even if they did, I wont sell mine.

I have no idea how Canada customs is able to get away with charging what they do on pieces coming into the country. I dont have any idea what it go's toward ether or how its divided. I knew it was going to be about that amount because of pieces I've brought in before with dollar values even higher than both these statues combine. So with that said I was ok with it. I dont agree with it, but its the cost to "play" if you want to be in this hobby I guess.....and happen to live in Canada lol

Chris

Last edited:
Yeah that's the one,it even looks more accurate to the real statue than the 20" does,which looks a little bit thinner than the original.I won't lie,8500$ for that one is alot but i would have considered it because of the size.There is nothing i want more as a collector than a HUGE Rocky statue in my livingroom.

85k today is insane though,you would have to be a billionaire to spend that kind of money on a statue,that's alot of hard-earned money.

Atheris,will you display this in a acrylic display case or will you let the statue breathe.I would be scared to death to get dust and crap on my Bronze statue.

Back