Statue Schomberg studios 20" cast bronze rocky statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello to the forum:

When i told about looking for a new base, of course i meant to put it under the original one. I would never try to remove it from it's base, never.
I think it would be a great mistake Rock83 if you do it, but it's your statue and money.
I am thinking in a marble stand or precious wood and put it under the original black one.
About the number mine reads something like: schomberg 07 cal 45.
Does it means i'm number 7? and now there are in total 40 or 45???
Cynthia also told me it was the last one left, but maybe it wasn't 100% sure.
What's for sure the next day i bought mine, the price rised to 3500US.
What did you pay in custom fees?
I paid 140 euros----185 usd, and i expected a lot more.
Did you receive your COA? Cynthia told me i would receive it by June, but i'm not in hurry and i believe her.
Also i'm thinking in adding an engraved plaque with this:
ROCKY

A THOMAS SCHOMBERG SCULPTOR

THUNDER IN HIS HEART

THE CHARACTER WHO REPRESENTS THE COURAGEOUS
SPIRIT OF THE GREAT CITY OF PHILADELPHIA
AND THE BROTHERHOOD OF ITS PEOPLE

However maybe there is not much space and letters would be very little. Maybe i should just put: ROCKY.
What do you think?

Yup i wouldn't touch anything unless i know what to do which ive clearly said in every single post today.I know it is stupid when i don't know what to do but right now it's just an idea,nothing more.

And if anything,i would try on the polystone,because the plate it is standing on is a seperate piece from the base,and they are glued together or something.You can actually slide a knife under the plate that i know you can see as well right?There is a gap which makes me think it's possible.

Yeah,i went a little over myself when i said i was gonna attack the Bronze statue,im just so damn happy i own it.But i have been thinking about a base change for the polystone if anyone could guide me how.

I haven't recieved the bill yet,Fedex are usually very slow when it comes to that.But i can guarantee it's alot more than you have to pay.

Yup i wouldn't touch anything unless i know what to do which ive clearly said in every single post today.I know it is stupid when i don't know what to do but right now it's just an idea,nothing more.

And if anything,i would try on the polystone,because the plate it is standing on is a seperate piece from the base,and they are glued together or something.You can actually slide a knife under the plate that i know you can see as well right?There is a gap which makes me think it's possible.

Yeah,i went a little over myself when i said i was gonna attack the Bronze statue,im just so damn happy i own it.But i have been thinking about a base change for the polystone if anyone could guide me how.

I haven't recieved the bill yet,Fedex are usually very slow when it comes to that.But i can guarantee it's alot more than you have to pay.

So now you're going to ruin the $500 polystone statue :cuckoo::slap:gah: I give up giving you any advice.

Like i said,my Polystone would be my test IF i would go through with this and wouldn't do anything unless im a 100% sure what to do.
This is a 2600$ statue,you think im gonna go all in and risk it without the necessary knowledge?

Right now,it's just an interest and the Bronze statue is a high risk task,so i will just use the Polystone statue for this possible project.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::horror:horror:slap:slap:gah::gah:

Here are some photos of my Rocky statue.

imagen008be.jpg

imagen007by.jpg

imagen009dth.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for Sharing Morris.You know,that one looks very different from the one I and Atheris got.Alot less Marble it seems,i would think Sunlight shows the marble grain easier too.

It has the marble effect, but with a photo it's difficult to capture.
I agree my statue seems to be darker than yours and Atheris.
But it doesn't worry me at all. I'm 100% satisfied.

If anyone should be worried,it's us and not you.The darker and less Marble grain is closer to the Real statue.

Yeah it's the pics,my pic is not very good and extremly bright.In hand this statue is very dark like it's supposed to be.But off course,statues look different when marble is in the mix.

Gave my dad his birthday gift today. I bought two cast bronze rocky statues from Schomberg studios, one for me and one for my dad.

I took some pics of him unpacking it along with them displayed next to eachother. I'm getting two custom cases made for these as well. Will post pics when their finished.

b861f712.jpg

a7f608a1.jpg

06609445.jpg

69315dc0.jpg

Chris

Kinda sick seeing 2 of these on the same table.5200$ right there :hi5:

Got my bill today from fedex too,450$ custom fees :panic:

Did you get my last PM by the way?

Hi Atheris, where have you been???
You're a good son with those kind of gifts!
Did the red cloth was in the original shipment? or it was your idea? mine was the usual white type.
Will like to see the photos of the display case.
Hi Rock83, i just got lucky with my custom fees then.
Did you finally keep your statue? hope you did.

Last edited:
Kinda sick seeing 2 of these on the same table.5200$ right there :hi5:

Got my bill today from fedex too,450$ custom fees :panic:

Did you get my last PM by the way?

I know they look sweet together, I agree.

I replied to your PM.

Hi Atheris, where have you been???
You're a good son with those kind of gifts!
Did the red cloth was in the original shipment? or it was your idea? mine was the usual white type.
Will like to see the photos of the display case.
Hi Rock83, i just got lucky with my custom fees then.
Did you finally keep your statue? hope you did.

Hey bud, I've been in Italy for a month.

The red cloth came with the statue, I had no hand in that. I was shocked to actually because like yourself mine came in a plain brown bag. I spoke to Cynthia and she's sending me a red velvet bag for my statue.

Chris

I think it's a good idea to place this statue in front of a mirror.
The work of the back is really excellent.

If anyone is looking for this statue,PM me for information.
Unfortunately im forced to let this one go,among other things.

Back