scammed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterkeying

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I'm new to this forum and have been collecting for about 2 years, I wanted to warn all of you not to buy anything from "big collector"....Johan and Minela sold me a predator bust and never shipped it, can no longer email them since the address has been removed, its in paypal's hands now

More information would be helpful here... are these people members of this forum, is this from eBay, etc.

Ahh I know your pain. I got scammed by the same people and I'm out a couple of grand trying to get a 1/4 Endo.The Predator Maquette was coming from a friend of there's who of course recommended me to them. Over 3 months since "shipping" with no replies to emails. Leaves a filthy taste in my mouth but trying to forget and move on but still hope just one day it might just arrive.
Private sellers in Sweden. They had there Paypal account frozen I think and stupidly I did what I never did and broke all my own rules and did a bank transfer using cash. So it's my own greedy fault for wanting these 2 statues and haven't bought from any third party. Only SSC for me from now on and sick of paying stupid prices for past statues when there are so many new ones being released. Embarrassing rant over.

Just had a moment. I thought the couple were Tobbe and Minela. Johan was the one that introduce me to them via ebay when he had the Predator Maquette up for so called sale. You can PM me for details if you like Masterkeying and we can compare sob stories.

It sounds like they have an organized group of people running this scam, for me his name was Johan, and yes a private seller in sweden, and he recommended I speak with steve from california collectibles, who of course swore that johan has sent him many statues, with no problems ever!
I should have known better, now the word is getting out, maybe we can all find a way to get back at these people

I don't have enough posts to PM anyone yet, as I am new to this forum, kinds sucks that my first post is about being scammed from some jackoff in sweden.

It does suck and i hope paypal get your money back, good luck let us know how it turns out.

Joahn told me that minela was his wife who handles all the transactions, also told me he was a police officer, should have known better, but when you've been trying for years to obtain a grail piece, sometimes your judgement gets blinded

That sucks, I havent run into anything like this yet but from threads I've seen it seems like paypal never really seem to do much, isnt that why they exist?? To stop this kinda sh**??

I'm really sorry this happened to you. I hope you get your money back and you are eventually able to pick up the grail pieces you're looking for.

Crooks like this are a disgrace to the hobby.

That sucks, I havent run into anything like this yet but from threads I've seen it seems like paypal never really seem to do much, isnt that why they exist?? To stop this kinda sh**??

A couple of years ago I was scammed and Paypal was absolutely worthless. From that point I removed my bank account from Paypal and attached my credit card. Over the past year I had a couple of instances where I made purchases through Paypal and the sellers did not ship the merchandise. Instead of going through Paypal, I contacted my credit card company who reversed the charges within 24 hours. No need to go through Paypal, no need to wait for my Credit Card company to conduct an investigation. I had my money back in less than a day.

A couple of years ago I was scammed and Paypal was absolutely worthless. From that point I removed my bank account from Paypal and attached my credit card. Over the past year I had a couple of instances where I made purchases through Paypal and the sellers did not ship the merchandise. Instead of going through Paypal, I contacted my credit card company who reversed the charges within 24 hours. No need to go through Paypal, no need to wait for my Credit Card company to conduct an investigation. I had my money back in less than a day.

Thats good to know, I use my credit card already so hopefully if it ever happens I'll be covered.

Its scary with these things, if it was only a few quid it wouldnt matter but your dealing with a lot of money mixed with collectors ocd meaning it has to be perfect...I'm pretty much a bundle of nerves from the moment I click 'buy' to the moment its on the shelf...

Freaks

Always pay by Credit card via PAYPAL ! I had purchased a few high end figures ($1,000 ) from a UK site and this site "did ship" with a tracking number but it was a box filled with a $1 comic book. as soon as I realized I was scammed, I notified my credit card and the $ was in dispute. 1 month later, i recieved my full refund from the credit card and PayPal is now going after the site. If I did not pay by CC, PAYPAL would not have protected me as the purchase was made outside of ebay and their new rules is items are not protected if made outside of Ebay. Good luck

well that good news then,im not sure how to attach my bank account so l only use my visa threw paypal.its good to know at least someone will help if something goes down.and dont count on paypal they have all ready let me down.

Joahn told me that Minela was his wife who handles all the transactions, also told me he was a police officer, should have known better, but when you've been trying for years to obtain a grail piece, sometimes your judgment gets blinded

Interesting. Johan told me that he is in the film business and works with Tobbe who is Minela's husband who is also in the film business . Johan has bought from Tobbe who tells me he is great to deal with and can be trusted and even went so far to tell me there (Tobbe&Minela) sob story of being ripped off by someone so you can trust us as we feel your pain etc. I've got something like 60-70 emails of back and forth before I laid my money on the table so I thought I was being very vigilant but alas no.

Good luck getting your money back. I really hope you do. I think you will have better luck than me.

amazing!!...he also told me about all the money he lost !! He had the nerve to say that it is a shame people do this! Also told me not to worry, he has been selling for a long time and no one has ever had a problem with him!
God, what i would not give to get my hands on this guy!

Back