Saying good bye to an old friend...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eli26

Super Freak
Reaction score
My little girl Ashley (who's a cat), will be set free from this world in a few hours. She made it to almost 20 human years. Probably the easiest animal to look after. I will miss her sleeping on my chest each night. Or how she would respond to a elongated version of her name with a shrill pitch, "Assssssssssh" or silly names like Ashwy Bashwy or Eeegle beagles. Some will shake their heads at me to that last part, but fellow pet animals understand how silly we humans can get when we're talking to our lil' furbabies.

It was hard... not just the fact she's gone, but it's an end of an era. She was around for the majority of my relationships, she was there with me when I lived with my family in St. Vital, to now living in this part of the world. She was my last link to Moses... and I had some of my best years of my life with her. She was a great cat.

She joins Moses, Gizmo, and Roxy.

Now, hopefully I don't experience any death for a while. Two parents, a good friend, and two pets in a year and a half is enough for this guy.

Aaaaw sheeeeeeet Eli! I'm sorry man. My beautiful cat is nearly 20 and showing signs of dementia. I don't know how long she has left, but I know it'll be hard when she goes.

The loss you've worn in the past 18 months... those are some hard, hard yards you've travelled. I wish you the best. I have no idea what that kind of loss feels like, I can only imagine. Peace Eli.

My little girl Ashley (who's a cat), will be set free from this world in a few hours. She made it to almost 20 human years. Probably the easiest animal to look after. I will miss her sleeping on my chest each night. Or how she would respond to a elongated version of her name with a shrill pitch, "Assssssssssh" or silly names like Ashwy Bashwy or Eeegle beagles. Some will shake their heads at me to that last part, but fellow pet animals understand how silly we humans can get when we're talking to our lil' furbabies.

It was hard... not just the fact she's gone, but it's an end of an era. She was around for the majority of my relationships, she was there with me when I lived with my family in St. Vital, to now living in this part of the world. She was my last link to Moses... and I had some of my best years of my life with her. She was a great cat.

Now, hopefully I don't experience any death for a while. Two parents, a good friend, and two pets in a year and a half is enough for this guy.

:( Very sorry for your loss. Time will heal but it's ok to feel bad. We've all been there. Hope things get better shortly.

I'm very sorry for your loss, Eli. I have 2 wonderful cats myself and I can't imagine being without either of them. Sounds like you've gone through quite a bit recently. Stay strong. My thoughts are with you.

I completely understand and can empathize. In my entire life it's losing my pets that seems to get to me the most. They're the best friends you an have for so many obvious reasons and they never want anything in return. One of the things I continue to do is donate to saving other, less fortunate animals to honor their memory. Paws for hope and the Bill Foundation are two great ones. I hope you have plenty of photos and great memories to look back on.

RIP Ashley

Sincere sympathies.
Lost 2 wonderful Golden Retrievers over the last year and it can hit you hard.
Animals can really enrich our lives and make us better people, take time mourn and then adopt another friend.

Sorry Eli.....my cat is 14 1/2. She's my baby. I'll be torn up when I lose her one day. Sorry man, it's rotten losing them.

So sorry to hear about your loss. Our cats have always been very much a part of our family. It's unbelievably tough to let them go when they've shared so much of your life with you.

I'm really sorry for your loss, Eli.

I have a cat too (a rescue). She's so playful, really loves to tear up my Hot Toys shipper boxes (Ghost Rider, Baby Doll and even my Rubies' Darth Vader adult costume collector box) but we still love her and she never failed to put a big smile on my face.

damn, u lost 2 parents? that's bad.

I don't have such pets to mourn but currently, my mother is suffering from a stroke and is basically in a persistent vegetative state. she willed the house to me but I do worry the hospital, nursing home, or long term care facility will eventually take it. lost 12 lbs but I just hope I won't lose her and the house too.

nice cat.

So sorry for your loss, Eli. You've been through a lot. Wish I was there to give you a big hug.

Hug-a-Beaver-300x300.jpg

Wow you've been through some **** over the last couple of years. Bad times. Although I don't know you; I hope you're ok.

I'm so sorry about your lost.I also have two cats.One of ladies is 18 now.I know how I'll miss her when time comes.You will always have Ashley in your sweet rememberings about time you have spent together.

The two parents being my dad and grandmother. Thankfully not my mother as that would probably be the one that would drive me to the very edge.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and thoughts. It really means a lot to me and yes, she had a long poosay life.

Back