Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Want some decent 1/6 original ape figures

We could get together and get some good new custom headsculpts made. And even some 'better than Sideshow'- clothing sewn for some of the main apes. Most of the costumes are relatively simple. When you see what custom stuff people can get made here in this forum, then why not apes!? About time...
Jessica, have you ever done a "mass"production of any of your 1/6 costumes or headsculpts?

We could get together and get some good new custom headsculpts made. And even some 'better than Sideshow'- clothing sewn for some of the main apes. Most of the costumes are relatively simple. When you see what custom stuff people can get made here in this forum, then why not apes!? About time...
Jessica, have you ever done a "mass"production of any of your 1/6 costumes or headsculpts?
I would be interested in some custom 1/6 ape figures.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Never mass produce anything. Gets too boring . Let me get a proper Zaius in our scale. In a few weeks I will check out my chemicals and see where I am at.

Welcome back, Jessica! So glad to hear from you. And if you do Apes, I'd be interested. In fact, I finally heard back from the sculptor who did a private commission for me of Taylor & Nova (bald for her); if anyone's interested in either sculpt, he is willing to make more for those that want one or both; I'll post a thread over in the Interest section. Here is my Taylor sculpt (painted by our very own galictiboy):

Attachments

• _DSC2463.JPG
    _DSC2463.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 73
  • _DSC2461.JPG
    _DSC2461.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 71
  • _DSC2465.JPG
    _DSC2465.JPG
    212.3 KB · Views: 75
I'd post pics of Nova, but bald she looks a little odd. I have photos of her with a really really bad wig to show (somewhat) what she'd look like with hair, but it's not very good. In fact, the sculptor, when I sent him pics of her says he's planning to revisit the sculpt as he's not 100% satisfied with how she turned out.

Stryker that Taylor is awesome. Are you just putting him together with the sideshow astronaut outfit and body? Or slave outfit as i have the Taylor two pack with Nova. Sold my astronaut Taylor but would love a decent custom

Actually, I have two copies of that HS of Taylor. One for the SS spacesuit version, assuming I can swap that horse-$&@t body out for a better, taller, one. The other is for a slave version, but I'm going to make my own blanket (one closer to the film version), add the bandage and a collar.

I'd love to get a decent Taylor sculpt in the Neca scale. The likeness on their retro figure was amazing, but I don't have the first idea (or the talent!) To cast and shrink it.....

Very nice Heston sculpt. Definitely worth thinking about...
Nice to hear from you again,Jess...PS

Its too bad that Neca won't sell copies of their 2 up POTA sculpts. They would really help broaden the collection's variety.

It is unfortunate, yes. Their first Zaius after a few tweaks was really nice.

I saw the price for Taylor. Tempting. Very tempting.

Welcome back, Jessica! So glad to hear from you. And if you do Apes, I'd be interested. In fact, I finally heard back from the sculptor who did a private commission for me of Taylor & Nova (bald for her); if anyone's interested in either sculpt, he is willing to make more for those that want one or both; I'll post a thread over in the Interest section. Here is my Taylor sculpt (painted by our very own galictiboy):

Any chance you could link to the thread?

Back