Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the Neca figures so much, I decided to get the Medicom ones as well. Just picked up all 21 including the variants. I have mixed feelings about them. They are shorter than the Neca figures and have much less detail (although some do look great like Dr Zaius). They also have virtually no articulation, maybe 3 points tops. Slave Taylor and Nova have none, just vinyl statues. But Slave Taylor (and Nova) would fit well with Neca figures he is much bigger and towers over the Gorilla soldiers. The quality got progressively better as the waves went along.

Some quick pics

Sweet man I wanted to pick some of these up especially Taylor and the apeonauts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Want to share with you all a custom Brent sculpt a customizer's just finished for me. Not dead on, but I think it's a much better likeness than Sideshow's. ;)
00.jpg

Didn't see this coming....

Toy-Fair-2017-Super-7-ReAction-034.jpg

I guess there was one more stone left unturned in the world of Planet of the Apes collectibles.

I kinda like what they found. :wink1: It's a pity this is just to make a quick buck, though. If they had an entire line and playsets waiting in the wings it'd be incredible.

And the fact that they use a picture of Galen for the Cornelius figure isn't very encouraging.

Soon Super 7 will learn the same truth NECA discovered....

Just wanna show my collection of apes. They are modded and repainted Sideshow and Hot Toys figures.
The Julius is a custom I made and the Caesar is a modded SSC with the head of Caesar from the reboot. Thought it was interesting to show the development of the character in a single figure (and the SSC head is a bit hard to get acceptable).
225ff49fffd235189e05d227fea32023.jpg572a2a3fbd57eead7f2be50075179ecd.jpg8125601894ec09e815649edf7daceda9.jpg

Didn't see this coming....

View attachment 325080

I guess there was one more stone left unturned in the world of Planet of the Apes collectibles.
I will buy these for sure.
Just wanna show my collection of apes. They are modded and repainted Sideshow and Hot Toys figures.
The Julius is a custom I made and the Caesar is a modded SSC with the head of Caesar from the reboot. Thought it was interesting to show the development of the character in a single figure (and the SSC head is a bit hard to get acceptable).
View attachment 328467View attachment 328468View attachment 328469
Welcome to the ape thread man! Great stuff like I stated.

Love that Julius!

Have those Sideshow figures been repainted? They look GREAT!

Last edited:
Love that Julius!

Have those Sideshow figures been repainted? They look GREAT!

Thanks! Yes, I repainted all of them. Makes a huge difference. The faces are well sculpted, the hair could be much better. I might work that one day...

Last edited:
I'm happy to see this thread getting some love again. I want more apes in my collection so badly!

Loving the love. Not enough love for Apes. Maybe the new war film will get some stuff made from that film and the classics by some company.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Your repaints do wonders for them slik - I've got the Zira, Zaius and Cornelius trio and I've always liked the sculpts but been dissatisfied with the paintwork. It's great to see what they look like spruced up. :)

Back