Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey all, just saw that the POTA Caesar Regular and Exclusive versions are Sold Out. Maybe the POTA line is getting "New Life"!!!

This is one of those lines that always looked cool but isn't really appreciated until you have one in your hands. Now that I have a couple of figures and a lawgiver statue coming I've really committed to it...

Jedi_Mike said:
This is one of those lines that always looked cool but isn't really appreciated until you have one in your hands. Now that I have a couple of figures and a lawgiver statue coming I've really committed to it...
I second that. I have a question for you ape freaks: What Zaus (in your opinion) is the better of the two? I'm leaning toward the Forbiden Zone.

shaun-o said:
I second that. I have a question for you ape freaks: What Zaus (in your opinion) is the better of the two? I'm leaning toward the Forbiden Zone.

That is a very hard question to answer... for me anyway because I consider Dr. Zaius one of the most compelling characters in all sceince fiction cinema... well deserving TWO versions of him. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Most casual collectors of the line seem to prefer the classic robe version of the good doctor that comes with a mini-Lawgiver statue. Rightly so, those robes are iconic for the character. And price wise he is more attractive... you can snag one far cheaper than the exclusive version. I bought one off of Ebay for my son for under $20 shipped.

However my favorite scenes of the classic film are the final scenes in the shoreline cave... and the Sideshow exclusive version of Dr. Zaius is from those Forbidden Zone scenes. I have mine currently posed with the human doll that comes with Cornelius (since Cornelius doesn't technically ever hold the dollin the film). Besides... I love his exclusive "glyph" gloves!

I do find it rather odd that Sideshow still has the Forbidden Zone version available... and with a paltry 500 edition size, no less. Truly an under-appreciated monkey!:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Of the two Dr. Zaius', I would have to go with the exclusive FZ version. To me it the first way i think of him from the film.

I prefer the regular version... for the reason PZ mentioned. Thats just the way I most associate the character looking.

Ironman1188 said:
Ok, everyone cross your fingers that when ToyFair kicks off tomorrow, Sideshow slips and gives us an Ape offering!!!

I doubt for Toy Fair, but it would be nice to reveal something for Comic Con!:emperor

I wonder if we'd ever see prop replicas or other items from POTA... I think a Gorilla rifle in 1:1 could be pretty sweet!

stickman said:
I doubt for Toy Fair, but it would be nice to reveal something for Comic Con!:emperor

Perhaps a SDCC exclusive? Oh yeah... this monkey likes to dream and dream BIG!!! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

IrishJedi said:
I finally ordered the Sideshow Exclusive Dr. Zauis this weekend.

:monkey1

I bet you will be happy with this one. FZ Zaius, is the better of the two IMO. Great costume and awesome gloves. This figure is a steal.

IM great site. I really like his Virdon, Burke, Kolp, MacDonald, Urko, Aldo, and Conquest Outfits!

What happend Sideshow? Although POTA did not sell well, I don't think that it was lack of Fan interest. I think it was how the POTA idea was handled and delivered, that ultimately hindered this license. Its time to restart the simian race with new exotic characters like those mentioned above. Unfortunately I feel as if I'm talking to the wind beause we ape fans know how little attention 'SideShow' pays to this thread.

and don't forget the:

APE-O-Nauts!

IrishJedi said:
I finally ordered the Sideshow Exclusive Dr. Zauis this weekend.

:monkey1

Well done!!! I think that the costume is different enough to warrant getting him in addition to the classic Dr. Zaius.

Protozaius said:
That is a very hard question to answer... for me anyway because I consider Dr. Zaius one of the most compelling characters in all sceince fiction cinema... well deserving TWO versions of him.

Sorry for the above quote... I misspoke myself. Actually I meant to say that the character WELL deserves THREE versions of him! We need "Dr. Zaius in Armageddon Garb" from Beneath! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

And of course an Ape-O-Naut or two... or three. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
If anyone knows how to do that "enlarging" of heads, we may be able to get some of the Megotype heads to convert into 1:6.
What do you think?
:confused:

There is supposed to be a way to enlarge [and to shrink too] vinyl heads with some type of acetone bath. It can also be done with something called "Hydrospan". I'm not familiar with how to do either process effectively though.

Ironman1188 said:
If anyone knows how to do that "enlarging" of heads, we may be able to get some of the Megotype heads to convert into 1:6.
What do you think?
:confused:

Mego heads enlarged? Hmm. I don't know. If the Mego heads were enlarged there wouldn't be any detail to the sculpt. Mat Falls has spoiled us. :monkey5

Back