Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good call, Jungle. I'll have to think this through again. I need to be able to make sure that the muzzle and the rest of the face match up. I'm not really sure how to do that without making a positive of zira's face after I've perfected that top half. That's my dillema.

I've heard lots of nightmares about foam latex. I am still procuring my materials. Next on the list of purchases is a 10-speed mixer with metal bowls, a stopwatch, and a hygrometer/barometer/thermometer.

I already have a gram scale for measuring the chemicals out. I don't know how well I will do, but I'm determined to successfully get a cast of foam latex no matter how many flops I get.

Here she is again, guys. Need to totally smooth her down. I worked on her with my contacts on, and I was too lazy to remove them. Kind of like working half blind. I have to find the stiff brush I bought awhile back for smoothing out clay. I think I'm ready to try to mold her. What do you think? Does she look like Zira?

dsc04299h.jpg

One more shot after I added the flashing beyond the edges:
dsc04302p.jpg

WOW!!! You sure know your way around a chimp muzzle!

You're are crazy talented, Jess... you know that right?

Is Apemania hiring? You should apply!

Thanks, PZ! Still futzing with Zira. It would be cool to find work sculpting in 1:1 scale. I think I'm going to go into mask making, just because I love it so much and I see what's available out there and I can do the same.

Not sure if foam latex is going to be able to grab this kind of detail, but she sure looks lovely!

dsc04305.jpg

Funny... I don't know if you guys noticed this but when I use the little animated icons for my postings, I usually use three of them in a row. The reason for this was to playfull refer to the fact that I had three 12" prototype Zaiuses. Now I have five of them. However, I'm still in the habit of doing three but I think that five would be too obnoxous.

:exactly::exactly::exactly::exactly::exactly:

Attachments

• devastator12s.jpg
    devastator12s.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 3
  • gri1.jpg
    gri1.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 3
Here are two more photos I took this morning, comparing Apemania's Zira foam latex to mine. I may re-do the edges by the cheeks.

dsc04307q.jpg

dsc04308p.jpg

Hey Angel! Someone would like a copy of the the rebel ape head and would like to pay for one. I know you have the molds for that. He's on the apes yahoo group, if you want to help him out.

Hey Angel! Someone would like a copy of the the rebel ape head and would like to pay for one. I know you have the molds for that. He's on the apes yahoo group, if you want to help him out.

Hey Jess! I know someone who would love to own that Dodge sculpt that you made! "Me"!:yess:

Thanks, Kfog! I'll get back to it--have to finish some outfits I owe people now. Thank goodness that daycare production is over, and the big party afterward. I'm going to take it easy for the next few days. If the sun comes out today and warms up the back yard, I'll go do the other half of my Ultracal mold.

PZ do you own any Zaius 1:1 heads from Apemania? What do you think of them? Someone is selling a Cornelius one from Apemania for about $500. Too much chimpchange for me!

PZ do you own any Zaius 1:1 heads from Apemania? What do you think of them? Someone is selling a Cornelius one from Apemania for about $500. Too much chimpchange for me!

No, I do not own any 1:1 Apemania busts. They seem to be a bit out of my price range as well as taking up way too much room. But I have considered it from time to time. I would much rather save up for one of their Lawgiver pieces. :)

Well, as you can see I'm back from SDCC '10. Again, I saw no one wearing any Ape costumes. I know people do come in costume but I keep missing them. And nothing new to report on the Ape front at the con as well. The con belonged to Marvel and Tron. :(

Anyway, I went away from the con with SEVERAL Sideshow gift cards that are in the $20-$25 range. I didn't ANY gift cards above that.. a first for me in the 7 years I've been going to the con. I think Sideshow is getting stingy with the higher amount cards. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Be that as it may, I have plenty of those cards to pass along to my fellow Ape brethren. If you PM me I'll supply a code to help you with any purchase you'd like to make. But remember, gift cards are only available for use on this list on items.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/giftcard/

I received the three Hot Toys gorillas today, and I just can't express how much I love these figures!

DSCN3817.jpg

DSCN3818.jpg

DSCN3819.jpg

DSCN3820.jpg

The only thing is that they really show up the Sideshow Gorilla Soldier.

The HT Gorilla Captain's box says he's a Limited Edition - does anyone know how many were released? I can't find any reliable information on numbers for these, though I did see a store claiming that Ursus was a limited edition of 1500.

I just saw Lou Wagner in an independent film on Netflix...

The movie is called "Harold". He has a short cameo as the school principal.

It's good to see some of our older actors still working.

Hello Apes fans, First time on here, I see a lot of you are really good at custom work. I have a statue that's made of plaster that I got on ebay. Unfortunitly it was damaged by the post office. It broke at the legs and one of the arms. I like to know what is the best glue or cement to use to fix it? It's painted in a bronze coat, the brakes are all clean so I think it shouldn't be to hard to fix. If I took it to an antiques shop they would charge me a small fortune.

Hello Apes fans, First time on here, I see a lot of you are really good at custom work. I have a statue that's made of plaster that I got on ebay. Unfortunitly it was damaged by the post office. It broke at the legs and one of the arms. I like to know what is the best glue or cement to use to fix it? It's painted in a bronze coat, the brakes are all clean so I think it shouldn't be to hard to fix. If I took it to an antiques shop they would charge me a small fortune.

White PVA wood glue is good for plaster. I used it for building Hirst Arts plaster Egyptian scenery. Somebody else may have a better idea, though.

Angel tells me he's going to be selling off much of his collection. You guys may want to keep an eye out on eBay for something that's both interesting and uniquely apes related.

Back