Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am not worried about the CGI apes... in fact, i think i prefer it (why compete with the originals?)... i loved the King Kong remake, and with WETA on board to handle the effects, i am totally stoked.

The fact that Fox is trying to throw it all together to be released next summer is what's worrying me. The whole project has a rushed feel to it... like it did with Burton. He had less than a year to pull it together as well.

Hot off the apevine--

The August issue of SFX Magazine has given The Forbidden 'Zine a fantastic review --'juicy insides', 'it's got depth beneath its pretty exterior'--

Oh...and my Ultracal30 finally came yesterday. I can't do any work to make that positive yet until I have all of my tools, so I need to go to the hardware store to get me some supplies (buckets, bins, spatulas, burlap, aluminum tubing, etc.) Plus I seriously need some crazy glue because I cut my fingernail by accident on the nailbed, and it's snagging and driving me crazy.

I should keep a running tab of just how much this foam latex thing is costing me. But know something? Experience cannot be measured in terms of money. Seeing something incredible and knowing how to make it is one thing--that's theory. Being able to do it is ability. That's what I want.

More on that Apes reboot:

Andy Serkis is Lead Ape in "Planet of the Apes" Prequel

James Franco (Spider-Man) is already on board to star in the upcoming "Planet of the Apes" prequel, called "Rise of the Apes." Don Cheadle (Iron Man 2) and Freida Pinto (Slumdog Millionaire) are in talks.

All those actors are being lined up to play human roles, but today we have a confirmation from 20th Century Fox on who will play Caesar, the main CG ape in the film. The studio stated: "Gollum reteams with Weta. Andy Serkis to star as Caesar in 'Rise of the Apes,' portraying chimp who leads the simian revolt."

The new movie is described as an origin story that deals with the aftermath of man's experiments with genetic engineering that lead to the development of intelligence in apes and onset of war for supremacy. Franco will play a driven scientist who becomes a crucial figure in the war between humans and apes.

First Kong now Caesar? :dunno:dunno:dunno

Hi Everyone,

I thought of you when I saw this advertisement, especially you Jessica :wink1:. I know how you crave all things Ape.

PlanetoftheAles.jpg

Happy 4th Y'all.
:fireworks

It looks like my trip is getting pushed to end July. :monkey2

Be safe, and stay away from the Forbidden Zone.

Ugh! I feel like I'm in the forbidden zone! 115 degrees here in Mesa and 114 for the official valley temperature in Phoenix. I work at Boeing in Mesa, AZ. and Falcon field is across the street which is where the official temperature is taken for Mesa. I worked out in that today. :fireworks:flag:devilHappy Fourth of July everyone!

Hey, does anyone know how many Apes conspiracy cards that were made and how many will be made. I also want to get the magazine with Jess' written material in it.:goodpost::wave

Stay out of the heat, Kfog!! That is seriously Forbidden Zone weather!!

I don't know the print run of those Conspiracy cards.

I wrote to Seattle Beer Fest to request a poster. They said they sell out, but I wrote back to make sure that they save one for me. They said to e-mail them Monday. They better save one for me, dammit!! I know a perfect spot to hang it downstairs in the family room which won't really be in your face.

I just ordered a gram scale that goes all the way to 13 pounds, to make my foam latex. Today I'm going to OSH to have them cut up some aluminum tubing for me in the right size, so that way I don't have to invest in a saw.

A friend in Seattle just promised me a couple of those posters--he says he lives about 6 blocks from where they're having the beer festival, and he will be in attendance to that event. Whoot!

This weekend, I'm going to start creating the Ultracal30 positives. Running total for the supplies including the oven and a quart of foam latex is now at $209.

I still need to buy a mixmaster from Evilbay...to be able to whip up the foam.

Hey, does anyone know how many Apes conspiracy cards that were made and how many will be made. I also want to get the magazine with Jess' written material in it.:goodpost::wave

Hopefully enough for me to complete the first set of 5, grab the 2nd and luck into that exclusive Cornelius. :panic:

Last edited:
There's supposed to be 9 total cards in the set, and one exclusive Cornelius...but I don't know the total print run.

OMG...I can't believe I watched the Last Airbender. Either I watch too much of the Disney Channel so I have deadened my good taste...or I've lowered my expectations to way below what any normal being should...and I liked the movie. And I wasn't even drunk!

I hate noticing every little detail...you know how you get those temporary tatoos and you soak it in water and peel them off and voila, tatoo? That's what I saw on Aang's head whenever they showed closeups. Shouldn't they spend the time to airbrush those things off?

There's supposed to be 9 total cards in the set, and one exclusive Cornelius...but I don't know the total print run.

OMG...I can't believe I watched the Last Airbender. Either I watch too much of the Disney Channel so I have deadened my good taste...or I've lowered my expectations to way below what any normal being should...and I liked the movie. And I wasn't even drunk!

I hate noticing every little detail...you know how you get those temporary tatoos and you soak it in water and peel them off and voila, tatoo? That's what I saw on Aang's head whenever they showed closeups. Shouldn't they spend the time to airbrush those things off?

Thanks Jess!:exactly:

Aw crap. The organizers to the beerfest do not have any extra posters. My friend says he'll try to go to the Portland one. Should I buy a t-shirt of this instead? Hmm....

My friend said it was a ripoff. They were asking $25 so you could sip 10 different beers. And the beers were really little--probably like the size of a shotglass. Not that I like beer. It's not good for anything other than washing your hair...or making beer pizza.

My friend was in Portland and was able to secure a few postcards of the beerfest. Better than what I got, which was nuthin'!!

Working on the plastic face from Apemania and trying to make a positive of it so that I could have something to sculpt on and begin this foam latex process...I think I have everything I need now to make the Ultracal30 molds.

Found some photos on Feebay:
bdtcsqcgkkgrhgohc0ejlll.jpg
bds77gmkkgrhgohdgejlll1.jpg

bps9jjqmkkgrhqyokjyeujr.jpg
byqtinbgkkgrhgohc0ejlll.jpg

Wouldn't it be great if one of us from this mega-thread actually won one of those!! :pray::pray::pray:

Back