Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work, how did you do the screen in the back of the Ape?

If you are referring to my pic, I bought beige foam core, drew the cut out pattern I wanted on it and proceeded to cut te design with an x-acto knife. Its not perfect. it took longer than I had thiought it would and my patience waned.

Angel made those as well Bunkermeister. I think he carved his from modeling clay and wood. He either traded or sold his resin castings here to the hardcore fans using the molds he created. Maybe you can get him to post some pictures. Hope that helps. :)

This is true. mine as of yet do not have teh top and bottom bases attached. Mine were created as a lighter, more cost effective alternative to the heavy resin casts. I will ultimately be trying the Krylon "stone" paint on one as well.

I was wondering...with 1900-level technology, how could the apes provide so much water pressure for the waterhose that Julius uses?

A high water tank will provide substantial water pressure.

Pumps can be manually operated by Apes or human power outside the building.

Hi Bunkermeister! Since many of the characters names are of Roman origin, maybe they took ideas from that time period and made aqueducts to provide the city with water pressure. Rome was the first to help sustain over a million people with fresh water brought to the city via the aqueducts.

Last edited:
Hi Bunkermeister! Since many of the characters names are of Roman origin, maybe they took ideas from that time period and made aquaducts to provide the city with water pressure. Rome was the first to help sustain over a million people with fresh water brought to the city via the aquaducts.

Kfog, would those aqueducts be able to provide such a sustained amount of water pressure, enough to hose Taylor down with force?

Kfog, would those aqueducts be able to provide such a sustained amount of water pressure, enough to hose Taylor down with force?

Much more powerfull than that Jess! The Roman Aqueducts started in the higher mountains and came from many miles away and flowing down hill. Even the steam room from beneath could be explained by this! Here is a link!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_aqueduct

Last edited:
Yes, the Roman systems were great and would certainly allow large volumes of water. Often an aquaduct would be used to fill a large tank at a location and then the tank would permit high water pressure. A low pressure aquaduct with a dribble of water 24/7 would fill a tank that can make serious pressure.

Screens in resin? Another item I need to buy from Angel? Are they still available? I need Ape stuff.

Jessica, did you buy the Barbie furniture?

I am kind of afraid to order the furniture--must be a big box. It's not like how it was when I was working--to get things delivered at work and then sneak them home...

Did you guys watch SNL? It hasn't happened yet in my area...but I saw from the Yahoo groups that it's a short skit with the Lawgiver as played by Alec Baldwin. Hmmm....Another half hour left. I think I'll have energy to stay up to watch this. At least it's got a person in ape gear.

Oops! I forgot all about SNL Jessica. Hopefully, someone will put that on YouTube for all to see. It would have been interesting to see your photographs using that 1/6 scale furniture. Very few people want to spend their hard earned money on 1/6 scale "ape furniture". Most would rather get the latest & greatest figure(s) from Sideshow or Hot Toys. I really hope you land back on your feet so you can get it someday.

Bunkermeister - I started by building a wooden frame for each of the two "stone screens" as seen in the movie. The tribunal screens were built in 1/6 scale. I used clay and carved all the odd shapes to mimic the actual ones used in the first POTA movie.

After the carvings were completed, I created a silicone mold to capture the details carved in it. I used to be very ambitious.

You can see these “stone-screens” in my album. They're hidden within the background of a couple pictures. Click on my General Ursus avatar and then click on albums. Cycle threw the pictures and you'll see a couple pictures in there of the screens.

I'll take a picture outdoors today so you can really see a good close up shot.

BTW - Ironmans screens should look great once he paints them with that stone fleck paint. :exactly:

Take care guys, Mark

Last edited:
Hey Angel! Yeah...I know nobody wants ape scale furniture, but I want it for my dollies. I like to play house with them and stuff...I was thinking that I'm going to build C&Z a little dining room out of a box...cut out the top and sides and cover it with translucent paper so that I could light it up for my photographs...and possibly use your screen as the background window.

Here's the SNL skit that Tim posted on the PotA Yahoo Group. I have not seen the link, but I"ll post it here. At least this way you won't have to suffer through the SNL:

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/timecrowave/1228153/

Nice screens, I checked out the photos. The tribunal scene is one of several I want to try and recreate in 1/6th scale.

I found a good source of RTV / Resin. Smooth on products from Blicks Art Supply. I ordered some a couple days ago, resin and RTV for about $50 including shipping.

Bunkermeister,

What's the cost per fluid oz on the resin?

What's the cost per fluid oz on the silicone rubber?

Can you please let me know? (no hurry)

I'm always looking for a deal. Is the resin a 50/50 mix? I prefer that.

Oh, Angel... I just loved the stuff you've made over the years. You are a true ape fan and a great artisan. Thanks for posting the new pic. It is a great reminder of all your fantastic contributions to this thread.

Wonderful stuff.

Hot damn, Angel. That's just fabulous.

Who makes that Lawgiver again? That can't be the Sideshow Lawgiver, is it?

Last edited:
Back