Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today it was all about hand tying two strands of hair at a time around Zira's hairline. Holy crap! That took all day! But....I LOVE how it came out, and it will save me some time from having to glue hairs all around my face on that day. It's funny to think that underneath that hair on her forehead is a hand-tied human hair lace beard just turned upside down.

Look at the beautiful profile created at the top of her hairline...two strands of hair at a time!!

zira008-1.jpg

zira007-1.jpg

This is my new Zira appliance from Apemania. Beautiful, isn't she? I need to add more color though...and add teeth. I've got those but I need to paint them, too.

zira006-1.jpg

Boy O Boy Jessica, the hair on that mask really looks beautiful! You're going to look like Ziras twin sister. :bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc

I know I won't look like Zira when I put on the makeup, because I'm just not Kim Hunter!! But...if I could look like her younger sister, that would just be so damned awesome.

I'm going to finish the Escape outfit today and send it out so I could concentrate on Zira's costume.

Jess, with all the love you put into your costume I have no doubt that you are going to make Kim Hunter proud.

That gorilla could always use a riot shield, shotgun, cleaver, but I always liked them with an M-16.

Last edited:
O'kay, Here I go again! Which two figures could We use these two sculpts for? One is Boomer and the other is Tigh from Battlestar Gallactica. I think that Boomer could pass for the McDonald in Conquest and Tigh could have a beard added and pass for Dodge. Anyone else?:rolleyes:

I know I won't look like Zira when I put on the makeup, because I'm just not Kim Hunter!! But...if I could look like her younger sister, that would just be so damned awesome.

I'm going to finish the Escape outfit today and send it out so I could concentrate on Zira's costume.

Your patience and meticulous attention to detail are inspiring! Go go go! I can't wait to see the finished costume in action!

That gorilla could always use a riot shield, shotgun, cleaver, but I always liked them with an M-16.

I've already got 2 apes holding riot shields. There are also cureently 2 gorillas that are holding police shotsguns, and another gorilla is holding an M-16. Caesar is also holding an M-16. I've got others apes holding cleavers, a flame thrower, knives, pistols, and machettes. What is left for them, other than the gas cans, torches and nets?

Like I said I may just shackle and chain this gorilla to the pillar. :cool:

Last edited:
O'kay, Here I go again! Which two figures could We use these two sculpts for? One is Boomer and the other is Tigh from Battlestar Gallactica. I think that Boomer could pass for the McDonald in Conquest and Tigh could have a beard added and pass for Dodge. Anyone else?:rolleyes:

Hello KFog! Welcome back buddy. :wave

I think Col. Tigh is better as MacDonald, but it's your call.

Kfog, I am the wrong simian to ask. To me they would be great fodder for more apes. But it's your call. Tigh is a possibility with hair modifications.

Angel, the only humans I have are being churned into apes. Slowly but surely. Perhaps someday I will finish Brent and Armando, and Nova. Maybe. But they are in the distant future.

I haven't done anything but add more hair to the beard that I will use around Zira's hairline...not the one I photographed, but the ones that go on the sides of her face. I decided to add more hair to the top part of the beard to soften the roughness of the crinkled hair. I'm sure I could iron it down, but I kind of like it fluffy looking.

Could you provide the link? I must see this clip!!! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Sorry for the delay PZ. I thought it was on the POTA collective site but couldn't find it. I emailed the mod and he didn't have it. Maybe I saw it someplace else. I will have to search and see.

Also, looks like you already posted a link regarding the passing of James Whitmore. Sorry I didn't look back further before I posted.

I haven't done anything but add more hair to the beard that I will use around Zira's hairline...not the one I photographed, but the ones that go on the sides of her face. I decided to add more hair to the top part of the beard to soften the roughness of the crinkled hair. I'm sure I could iron it down, but I kind of like it fluffy looking.

Jess, your Zira hair and applicance is looking sharp! Can't wait to see you in full ape makeup!

Back