Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael these are great. Kfog--they will be loved. I recognize Ironman's gorilla--the one he had commissioned, and it looks like it was further enhanced by Angel. The last gorilla looks like Angel's work.

I'm still procrastinating. Will try to paint some Mego scale stuff and finish some molds for casts this Sunday.

Last edited:
Thanks to Angel and Ironman! I love them.

Here's the third "background" gorilla. He's just a Hasbro soldier in Sideshow clothes. Once my collection grows, the hasbros will all find themselves lingering in background shots to add depth.

cfc597e1.jpg

I painted up the horse that's front and center of the group shot. The shiny body bugged me and he had a broken hoof..part of why I got him for a steal at a local collectors store. I repaired the hoof and painted him a dark brown shade. I love how it came out. It's my favorite horse paint job so far! Trying to keep them all in the black/dark brown family. I need more horses, though.

Hopefully Ironman saw my baby chimp head on the last page, too!

Sad news indeed. Not many of the creative team left that gave me my favorite film series.

Very nicely done!
I did mine similarly, but added the detail on the neck piece via silver sharpie.
Can never have enough gorillas!!

I'm thinking maybe a conversion onto a Mego might work for that head as a young ape.
Any particular one? And how does the process work - saw the neck down to size and then some how drill the hole? Excuse my newbieness.. :)

Well, for me, it would need to have the pacifier removed first off. Then, the neck could be trimmed down to size and basicly inserted in the neckhole of a Mego.

The pacifier removes easily, no problem there. What do you suggest I use to trim down the neck?

The cloth is a wooly horse blanket and the real leather holster is for the apes rifle!

So sad you have to get rid of them Kfog. I keep looking at my stuff--need to get rid of stuff too. But then I remember my nativity scene, and I will need my apes for those.

Here are some awesome photos courtesy of Apemania:
JG2.jpg

JG1.jpg

Back