Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Angel made them. I've seen the one with the cool specs...and the fat guy too. He was going to make the female mutant, and I was to sew him the outfit but we got busy and never followed through.

Angel has been a huge help, and dug up photos of those mutant you guys customized. I probably wont go for all five, but I definitely want the two I own to be a little more complete.

ps - Thanks for the verbal guidelines on the robes, I think I need to stop asking for examples/patterns/advice and just go for it. It's not like I'm trying to sew a tuxedo here!

Angel--thank you! My books came. I guess I will be busy reading. I've never read any Planet of the Apes books before!

Seeing alot of those great Taylor/Omega Man customs online makes me wonder: Has anyone ever done a high-quality Ben-Hur custom?

That's probably Heston's definitive role (next to Moses) and if I had one figure to represent him, it would be Judah.

I bought these Mutant figures from Angel and still need to complete minor areas, but they are fantastic!

I bought these Mutant figures from Angel and still need to complete minor areas, but they are fantastic!

Sooo jealous. He's checking to see if he has any spare mutant parts to sell me, but real life is getting in his way. :) His work is worth the wait, though, if you ask me.

I've got to start work on the robes this weekend or I'm just plain going to explode. Any idea where the head for the mutant in blue (I always forget his name) came from?

And as long as I'm asking questions, how in the heck did he make those great ridges on the hood of the mutant-in-blue?

Sooo jealous. He's checking to see if he has any spare mutant parts to sell me, but real life is getting in his way. :) His work is worth the wait, though, if you ask me.

I've got to start work on the robes this weekend or I'm just plain going to explode. Any idea where the head for the mutant in blue (I always forget his name) came from?

I believe that it is a Plumley (Sam Elliot) sculpt from Red Planet Toys!

Ask Mrs. Angel!

I definitely will, I'm just trying to give Angel a little breathing room as I have already asked him about 49 questions. :) I was just curious if they're seams, or seem like some kind of epoxy or layered fabric glue.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with thin plastic tubing for Ongaro's hood. Of course, my favorite mutant has to be the one with the ELABORATE headgear. :)

I believe that it is a Plumley (Sam Elliot) sculpt from Red Planet Toys!

Ohhh great, thanks!

funny-celebrity-pictures-ok-everyone-change-of-plans-were-going-someplace-called-planet-of-the-apes.jpg

So I just watched the original Planet of the apes and Beneath Planet of the Apes and I must say for movies that were made way before my time, they are really quite enjoyable. I'm about 1/3 of the way through on "Escape" and will watch "Conquest" in a day or two. But I will say that I definitely like these better than the Tim Burton version.

Kind of sucks that the HT figures are pretty hard to come by it seems now. Definitely thinking about picking up the sideshow figures though when I can.

Oh my! Escape is one of my all time favorite movies...in fact I almost watched it today but I got distracted.

escape_title_Planet_of_the_Apes_blu-ray.jpg

Last edited:
I have to agree that so far I'm enjoying this one the most out of the first 3. Really excited about Conquest. No spoilers for this newb please :pray: :)

Gipetto...were you shocked at the ending of the original movie or had you seen it before in snippets from other sources making fun or reference to it? When I watched the movie for the first time, I was 8 years old, and most of it went whoosh over my head but I fell in love with the apes. Plus to add to the fact that we were recent immigrants and English was not my first language.

I managed to catch it for the first time around 1992-1993, right before every movie, comedian, TV show, and movie suddenly decided it was time to parody the movie, giving away the ending every time! I feel really lucky to have watched it as a tween without having the ending ruined.

I showed it to my wife the other week, and got a "not bad for an old movie", which is EXTREMELY high praise from her. Only Spartacus has done so well. She fell asleep during the shower scene when I tried to show her Psycho....sheesh!

Back