Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks great, how did the sculpy hold up? You didn't....bake Taylor, did you? :)

Ok, as long as I'm asking questions (and there will be a lot of them, tell me if its getting obnoxious), I saw that many people in this thread are great at casting and replicating parts. Would anyone be up for casting a Mutant Jailer mask? I'd really like to own one, but the prices...hoo baby.

No I didn't bake Taylor. I made an impression of his face in clay and poured plaster into that impression and then I sculpted the beard on the plaster positive mold and baked the beard and the plaster positive mold.

The best part of the beard that resulted is that it is removable!

Well that's just plain impressive. He just looks naked without a beard, even in the beginning of the movie.

Jungle you are so clever. I know you had mentioned that before in this thread but that was before I understood about molds and casts and everything went whoosh over my head. But now I get it. :)

I keep going back and forth on the Slave Taylor/Nova two-pack...on the one hand, a better-looking Taylor, and Nova. On the other hand, that's money that could go toward a Hot Toys gorilla...

I've got a lot of customizing experience, but most of the time it's Transformers. This line is so different it's almost like starting from scratch.

I keep going back and forth on the Slave Taylor/Nova two-pack...on the one hand, a better-looking Taylor, and Nova. On the other hand, that's money that could go toward a Hot Toys gorilla...

I've got a lot of customizing experience, but most of the time it's Transformers. This line is so different it's almost like starting from scratch.

Buy the two pack of Nova and Taylor, but ditch the inferior clothing and make your own costumes. They are fairly easy to make. I used leather for Taylor's loin cloth and Nova's outfit and a piece of brown cloth that I weathered and painted for the blanket he used for clothing.

Yeah, if I buy one, they will definitely get new clothes. Was there an issue with Nova similar to the one with Brent, where they purposely made it look unlike the actor? I mean, no offense to the sculptors, but....

Ok, back to the Mutant Jailer for a moment-- should I hold out hope that I can find someone to make a cast of their mask, or just bite the bullet and try to purchase one?

Well, nevermind. I just won one for $192. Not shabby.

So, on that note, if anyone wants to make a cast from my Mutant Jailer, I would be more than happy to lend it. :)

I've seen them go for a lot more...now I just really need to get cracking on some mutant robes. Has anyone ever seen a site that provides patterns for 1:6 figures?

I've been looking for patterns myself for my Abbott and Costello figures.

There is not much out there for free but you can find patterns for sale if you do a little surfing.

You could also try checking with Angel, his wife made some nice robes for his mutants a while back.

Nefud, ask Snick to trace the mutant robe I sewed for him. There's hardly any sewing involved...just the shoulder seams, and the part a few inches under the armpit which is tacked together. You can use glue to fold over the edges to finish up your edges, but it looks best with top stitching.

Longtime lurker, first time poster...but it's worth posting to say how fantastic that looks, The_Darkness_Predator. Very very nice.

Nefud, thanks and welcome. This is my favorite thread to visit and there are some great, friendly and knowledgeable fans here.

That Caesar head is amazing. The sculpture is great. It doesn’t even look like paint, it looks so natural. I wish I could airbrush / paint like that. I was hoping someone would make 1/6 chimpanzee (Caesar) hands and feet available also. I’ll have to try to sculpt some when I get home in a few weeks.

Here’s more info on the Caesar head (if needed):
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99320&highlight=caesar&page=5

Everyone, thanks so much.

Nefud, ask Snick to trace the mutant robe I sewed for him. There's hardly any sewing involved...just the shoulder seams, and the part a few inches under the armpit which is tacked together. You can use glue to fold over the edges to finish up your edges, but it looks best with top stitching.

Yeah, he's very willing, he just doesn't have access to them at the moment. I've been meaning to ask, do you know where people have been getting the "jewelry" for the robes? I'm fairly sure I could make one myself if I need to, but it never hurts to ask around. :)

I think, iirc, that Angel made his own. Sometimes, costume jewelry can provide what we need in 1:6. I think I remember someone making them from solder too.

Yes, Angel made his own and it was out of found costume jewelry and "Ape-oxie"

I don't think I've ever seen anybody else customize these wardrobes...if they did they did not post photos.

Back