Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad news: the apes movie disappeared through a Hasslein Curve on the Pinewood Studios website. I just contacted Pinewood Studios. They have confirmed that the November 14 of Planet of the Apes will NOT be shown.

The reason why they were going to show the 2001 remake was because it was something that was filmed there. But nobody bought the tickets. We know why! Because it sucks!! Then they were going to show the 1968 movie, but there was not enough lead time to make it a success and they have just canceled it today.

Just because it's not showing November 14 does not mean that they won't show the 1968 movie sometime next year. They don't know exactly when but they will let the Forum of the Apes know. Before hanging up, I told them that they need to make sure it's the 1968 movie classic because the 2001 won't sell. They know now.

dsc02021h.jpg

That is great, you can even tell that under all that latex and make-up he is thinking -
"YES... I am so much the coolest dude here!"

For those interested I just noticed play.com (only ship to UK) have the exc Gorilla Soldier in stock for £109 inc shipping.

For those interested I just noticed play.com (only ship to UK) have the exc Gorilla Soldier in stock for £109 inc shipping.

Ouch that's still pricey!!

OK...the third time I've tried to sculpt this. I'm going to sculpt her many more times until I get her right. One side is perfect. The other side, not so nice...This is so hard!!!

dsc02064r.jpg

dsc02065p.jpg

But it's a step forward from what the second sculpt was.
dsc02057h.jpg

If anyone is interested, Big Bad Toys is offering the Dr. Zaius PF at an amazing price reduction... $150!!! Of course, this is the version without the doll....

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?mode=retail&product=SSC10659

Yep, the doctor is going down. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Dammit! It sucks to be poor! I would so go for that!! But I have to be wary of what I buy now because I suffered very lean times between paychecks and it's not a good feeling.

PZ you can probably put together a whole gorilla outfit for your son for under $100 if you put your own sweat equity in his costume. Except for the trim on the bandolier, the bandolier was pretty much glued together with a glue gun. The hair you can buy for $20 total and sew it on yourself...call Apemania and see how much they charge for kid-sized raw gorilla appliances that you can glue down yourself on a spandex hood with liquid latex. The appliance I purchased for Dylan should fit a 12 year old. You just need to sew a purple pair of pajamas to go under a black vest, add gauntlets and boot shafts and you're done. I highly believe that every Planet of the Apes fan, particularly the kids, need to be in costume at least once in their lifetime. I was never allowed that opportunity as a youngster, so that's why it's really important for me to get my ape on as much as possible.

Last edited:
Jess... That last sculpt reminds me of T'pau the ruler of Vulcan from "Star Trek" the original series. I'm sure that's who you had in mind.

OMG Jungle! That's exactly who it's supposed to be!!

I kind of changed her hair a little bit from this photo...

dsc02071n.jpg
[

I love the hasbro head on the hot toys soldier, that's how I want my army to look. I wonder if there is a resale value on the Hot Toys head.

Here are my star wars apes , I also made a gorilla x-wing fighter pilot, but I can't find him right now.

Last edited:
OMG Jungle! That's exactly who it's supposed to be!!

I kind of changed her hair a little bit from this photo...

dsc02071n.jpg
[

I'd say you've done a wonderful job! Other then the lips needing to be a little more pursed rather than pouty, it's a spot on portrait. Are you sculpting in wax or Super Sculpy?

I'd say you've done a wonderful job! Other then the lips needing to be a little more pursed rather than pouty, it's a spot on portrait. Are you sculpting in wax or Super Sculpy?

THANKS!!! I'm using Super Sculpey. I know she will be spectacular once I get paint on her.

I love the hasbro head on the hot toys soldier, that's how I want my army to look. I wonder if there is a resale value on the Hot Toys head.

Here are my star wars apes , I also made a gorilla x-wing fighter pilot, but I can't find him right now.

EMAIL me!!!

Hasslein, you are clearly trying to start a feeding frenzy here. And yes, I am one of the sharks...PS

Sorry for thinking out loud guys. I have not purchased any of the hot toys gorillas, so I don't have heads to sell... yet... I'll keep you guys in mind when it happens...

Jess, do you have a list of all the sculpts you've done? They are amazing...

I haven't had internet access for three months, so I missed angels' Kiss apes. Angel, if you're out there, is there somewhere I can see them? The yahoo page?

Thanks guys. I don't have a list of the sculpts I have done. They're just scattered in various spots in my house--my apes have a place of honor on my windowsill.

BUT the cool thing is...I have FINALLY finished my custom paints. Now I can bang out Snick's costumes for Armando and Cornelius's Escape suit. After those I will get back on track with Link....and then I need to practice some more sculpting. Maybe I'll take a crack at Landon in Mego scale...or 1:6 scale. Ironman, I want to take a stab at Burke first before I send him back to you. I want to sculpt him from scratch....or at least try.

Guys, there's going to be a Trek Convention in January, 2010. Anybody coming? Sticks? I'm thinking of coming in costume. I might be crazy enough to make T'Pring. The outfit seems simple enough, and I'm not scared of the hairdo. There's a lot of time between now and January to make a really fantastic outfit.

Also, they moved Wondercon to April (it was usually in February)...

Last edited:
Back