Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead
What a time to not be in the UK.
:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

The feeling is mutual, Ironman. But the cool thing is, I took the day off tomorrow and I WILL be in ape gear. At least I won't be the only ape in town...Ashton is also going to be in full ape regalia. I still can't convince him to let me black out the skin around his eyes with rubber mask grease paint. Oh well...maybe I can convince him for Wondercon.

Yo PZ! Remember when you said that you saw a poster of Cornelius at SDCC when the artist should have painted Dr. Milo? I think it's San Julian's work...the Omega poster. It must be this guy...what do you think?

BLAM019.jpg

Last edited:
Any cool Halloween things happening out there? In the beautiful Paramount theater in Oakland, they are going to host ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN (1948) on October 30 (Friday). I thought about Jungle when I saw that announcement.

Jess... I would love to see Bud and Lou on the big screen. I've never seen any of their films other than on a television screen. Oakland, however, is on the other side of the country. A & C Meet Frankenstein is my second favorite film of all time, the original POTA is still my number one.

We should dress up an ape or two in costume and post it up just for Halloween!! Too bad my Cornelius isn't painted up yet...I'll have to dig something up for him! Doubt if I have any female clothes for Zira except for Dr. Z's Nova doll...

Yo PZ! Remember when you said that you saw a poster of Cornelius at SDCC when the artist should have painted Dr. Milo? I think it's San Julian's work...the Omega poster. It must be this guy...what do you think?

BLAM019.jpg

That is a close up of the finished artwork which is supposed to be Dr. Milo... he looks a little too crazed for my taste.

The Cornelius version is a black and white proof of concept drawing. I don't believe that it ever made it to the coloring stage.

Here we get some not so surprising news in the latest "Ask Sideshow" column:

Considering putting myself on the wait list for your Dr. Zaius Premium Format Figure. Will a new PF soon be announced in the Planet of the Apes line, since I would love to see all the characters from this great classic?

We’re sorry to report that no other Planet of the Apes figures are currently in development.

So much for it being a line of PFs like Sideshow originally stated. :rolleyes:

Still, I hope that the person gets the Zaius PF anyway... and no wait list is currently needed. He is up for second chance during Spooktacular:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_i...-75141&utm_campaign=listing&utm_source=online

Here we get some not so surprising news in the latest "Ask Sideshow" column:

Considering putting myself on the wait list for your Dr. Zaius Premium Format Figure. Will a new PF soon be announced in the Planet of the Apes line, since I would love to see all the characters from this great classic?

We’re sorry to report that no other Planet of the Apes figures are currently in development.

So much for it being a line of PFs like Sideshow originally stated. :rolleyes:

Aw, boo! But actually a relief as well...since I don't make enough chimpchange to be splurging on PFs! I try to support anything ape-related...even if I am just one drop in the bucket.

PF Dr. Zaius...Never has a star burned so brightly before it disappeared into nothingness!

Last edited:
Well, the costuming idea I had for a 1:6 POTA Halloween party didn't work out. :(
Maybe I'll be able to throw something together, but the way this day has started ..... :banghead
BUT, DON"T FORGET
FMC has Channel of the Apes Weekend AND clocks go back this weekend for those simians on DST.

Question:
When the Icarus crashes in the lake, the astronauts bail and row to shore. Why didn't they take Stewart's pack for extra rations/supplies?

Question:
When the Icarus crashes in the lake, the astronauts bail and row to shore. Why didn't they take Stewart's pack for extra rations/supplies?

WOW! The thought NEVER crossed my mind!!!

Yesterdy I got my ape on. I only had one hour to slap on my makeup and five minutes to put on my wig. Needless to say, I looked like a wreck...but I still went out in public and had a great time. Caused a lot of commotion at my kid's school, and many did a double take. I was even photographed by a stranger with his cell phone while I pumped some gas. I'll have to post a photo of myself doing that later. I did not have time to paint my nails dark brown nor did I have a chance to color the backs of my hands...Nobody really noticed. They were just shocked to see me.

And, just because I am such a geek, I decided to take a nap in my full costume when I got home. I really wanted to wake up and feel the shock of what it would have been like to have turned into a chimp. But that didn't happen, unfortunately. I found out that it's quite uncomfortable to sleep with those massive latex ears glued on top of your own ears...(poor Kim Hunter!) and when I did wake up, my throat was so parched from breathing through my mouth. I decided then, that I had just better get up and start peeling off the makeup, since that takes quite a bit of time.

Anyway, that was my ape kind of day. It was short, and sweet, and time well spent away from the slavemines. To add to the excitement is the apes marathon on the Fox Movie Channel, and today I got to sleep in. PLUS we get to move the clocks back. BONUS!! What a happy chimp I am.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Halloween.
Jess.

Here's a cool pumpkin carved by a Mego Museum member:

HALLOWEEN09009.jpg

Last edited:
Channel of the Apes...what a wonderful thing it is!!

I didn't get to watch as much as I wanted because I was not home most of the time.

What a wonderful Halloween it was. Here I am, in my secret life. My husband didn't even know I got all gussied up. By the time he got home, I had removed my makeup and 99% of the glues and rubber mask grease on me. He thought I took the day off to help with the Halloween parade...any excuse to get in ape gear I will do it, no questions asked. I really wish I could have had more time to do a better job on the makeup and hair. One hour preparation is just not enough time with this makeup. I'm going to re-sew the green jacket when I have the time. I need to concentrate on painting now. I THINK I may have found a great way to paint action figure heads that seems to be working for me. It still takes a lot of time though, but I am happy with the outcome.

dsc02030k.jpg

dsc02036x.jpg

These are my favorite pair of boots only because they look so nice with the ape gear.
dsc02037.jpg

Last edited:
Great pix Jess!!
I sure wish I had the funds to have geared up gorilla style for Halloween. :banghead
I hope to at least get back into the customs and stories within the next week or so.

Great pictures Jessica, Wow you sure did an amazing job.

So, what do people say to you when they see you out in public? I imagine a lot of finger pointing and children smiling. It must be fun, and you look great!

Great pictures Jessica, Wow you sure did an amazing job.

So, what do people say to you when they see you out in public? I imagine a lot of finger pointing and children smiling. It must be fun, and you look great!

They are shocked usually...sometimes I hear a gasp. If they are too shy they look away when I catch their eye. If not, they come up to say hello. They can't believe I'm actually there...I see a lot of open mouths, particularly when I am driving.

It's always a positive thing. I have never met any hecklers while in ape gear. One little kid at my children's school came up to touch the back of my hands last Friday...probably just to see if I was real or not. It's fun to be in a convention, where you get a lot of attention and can't walk beyond 2 feet without stopping for photos...but it's also a lot of fun to do normal people things and photograph that while in costume because it just looks so surreal.

Well it looks fun and you sure did a real band up job on your costume and makeup. To me it looks like a full authentic outfit, and you look great as one of Zira's own. Simply beautiful.

Wow Jess, those pics are off the scale of coolness, you look fanbleedintastic!

The irony is Pinewood is only about an hours drive from where I live, but there you go!

Wow Jess, those pics are off the scale of coolness, you look fanbleedintastic!

The irony is Pinewood is only about an hours drive from where I live, but there you go!

You lucky monkey!! I am not really sure what's going on with Pinewood at the moment. I'm waiting for confirmation to see what the hell is going on. Any mention of an ape movie has disappeared through some kind of Hasslein Curve on their website. :monkey2

When I get the chance, after I catch up on my painting and three small outfits, I'm going to re-do my green jacket. I am also going to upgrade and use real leather instead of fleather. Then I want to start on Zira's 1:1 Escape outfit for me, just to have. Not sure if that's the outfit I will wear to Wondercon February 2010 since I will be with two Planet of the Apes gorillas...

dsc02021h.jpg

I guess the next time I glue on the makeup will be the last time I can really wear it. It will be the fifth time I have glued it down entirely on my face, so it's lasted as long as I was hoping it would last. I can't wait to put it back on. I am tempted to just glue it down and do a real good job (not rush) on the makeup and go to town--somewhere crowded...I want to get a photo of me in costume on a cable car or something. I painted it darker than the last time because I got tired of looking pasty in photos.

dsc02054k.jpg

Last edited:
Back