Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a great score off Ebay this week;a latex pour from one of the original gorilla molds.Not sure what I'll do with it,but it's cool just to have it...PS

Hey all just got in the Sideshow Collectibles Planet of the Apes Slave Taylor and Nova 2-pack! Very awesome figures. Both very well done. Here's my review below and Jessica awesome job on the sculpts! Very killer!

Ryan

Here are a few pix of my Ebay score...

I can't decide if this is a copy of a copy,or just a 40+year old mold showing it's age.Either way,I've decided that I'm going to backfill it with either plaster or hard foam,mount it on a plaque and paint it to look like a finished appliance.Should make a nice display(it's really too small for me to do much else with)...PS

Nice find Wax Muederer. I look forward to seeing it painted.

Ryan, nice review of Taylor and Nova.

Its great to see this thread still going. I miss my opened SS Apes since I sold them. Thankfully I kept one of every POTA figure SS did MIB and look forward to the day I can display them with my Hot Toys and Neca figures.

Wax awesome find! Stickman thanks! Love both of them for sure and if you guys haven't heard. Ape Day is coming up and I'm spreading the word around so we can sell as many Apes on the 8th so the Neca POTA Line can continue on. Here's my promo and GO APE!

Ryan

nx28bc.gif

NECA is NOT what this thread was started for.
This thread was intended for the furthering of 1:6 POTA by sideshow, then HT and 1:6 customs.
The tiny ones have no business here.

Yeah I'm sorry if I offended the thread. I thought this thread was an all Ape thread. I would love to see new 1:6 Apes made for sure. But who knows when that will be.

Well, as long as everyone keeps kissing NECA's butt about these the odds get slimmer and slimmer.
Had the 1:6 community petitioned them to make 1:6 apes when the announcement first came out, NECA could have surely set a strong foothold in the 1:6 zone [a place they've been absent from for far too long] They would have been able to show [if] they were actually better than sideshow or Hot Toys. Now it just looks like they were afraid of real competition and comparison.
I have a large POTA figure collection and would gladly have been buying multibles of any 1:6 Neca made. I have bought NONE of these plastic abortions and will not in the future.
Those idiots at NECA wouldn't even talk with me about the possibilities. Instead they chose to just block me from their FB page. Not good business as far as I'm concerned.
Classic Planet of the Apes deserve 1:6 treatment!

Truth be told its even older than that.
This threat started back on the old SSF and was "transferred" here after the big EZboard crash that caused SSF to reboot themselves in '05.

Its great that the thread still lives even though sideshow and Hot Toys (and now neca) ignore these core fans.

Ironman i understand your frustration indeed and very sorry. I do agree that these high end companies are ignoring us fans but it's there decision on what they do and 10 years! Wow! Awesome!

I have to disagree with you Sticks...

At least SS gave us some humans and mutants. I like the look of the Neca product and don't mind the size but the lack of Taylor, Nova, Brent and the Mutants make me glad that I saved some money by not getting involved with this line. Maybe those damn dirty humans will show up at some point but I would bet against it.

Hi Jom,

Some of the best things going for this line, outside of the great sculpts is the scale, and cost. I'm not sure why Neca has yet to deliver any humans/mutants figures, and know that if Taylor was to show up that you would be fully on board. It's been great to see the dioramas that members have been able to create, solely because of Neca's scale. Another advantage these figures have over their 1:6 counterparts is the lack of flimsy joints, especially those that are found on the SS apes. The HT gorillas have goofy faces and the seam that runs down the center of their tunic is annoying to conceal. You can have 10 Neca gorillas for the price of one HT gorilla. Also a Neca POTA diorama isn't going to take up a whole room in the house. So for me, Neca POTA > HT, SS POTA and if Neca is able to distribute a core human, or mutant, Neca POTA (2) > HT, SS POTA

Speaking for myself,I have to admit that I don't mind the absence of humans(except maybe Nova).My main problem with the TV series was "too many humans".The show was called"Planet of the Apes" ,not "Planet of Occasional Apes".I like what NECA has done so far(with the possible exception of the first Zaius sculpt)and plan on picking up more. Would I like more 1/6 Apes;absolutely.Will I make do with NECA's current offerings;you bet your bananas.I am particularly impressed with most of the face sculpts,especially Ursus,which I feel they absolutely nailed(wish HT had done as well).
Anyway,my 2 cents,though I doubt I'm alone here...PS

Back