Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Project done!

The modified face sculpt;new muzzle done with tinted Magic-Sculpt...

Painted...

And in place.Fortunately,the face pops back on without needing glue,so that,should interest be expressed,I can make a mold if needed.
I have dubbed the new face"Cassius",while the original is "Brutus".Seems I keep re-using those names for my Gorillas(anyone else notice that most gorillas seem to have names ending in"us"?).Also,those of us who have these guys seem mighty inclined to hold onto them;they don't show up much on Ebay...PS

Don't know about Zako, but Urko is not so tough...

Just fooling' around with the HT Gorillas;the only problem is you need all 3 to make him(or at least parts from all 3).
SO,I take it that a mold would be in order?...PS

I made him years ago but he looked like a turd so I finally re sculpted him again last night. I made a mold, poured a monsterwax cast and worked on that. Since the basic shape was already there I think I worked on it for about 2 hours.

Some awesome stuff in this thread. I just reviewed the Sideshow Collectibles Astronaut Taylor. A line I wish they would of kept making. For an old figure it holds up pretty well and very happy with him. Enjoy the review and keep up the awesome work in this thread!

Ryan

Gave Ursus a little trim to his beard and the back of his neck;the effect is quite noticeable for the comparatively minor amount I did.The glyph on his collar is now actually visible!.Still deciding on whether I should trim "the boys".Yes.I'll take some pix...PS

TDP I am working on your casts. Anybody want to buy an URKO Cast unpainted undrilled? Putting one up on ebay this weekend.

It's tempting, Jess... I'm just out of the customizing game for the time being.

Looks GREAT, though!

OK I know this is Mego scale and your eyes will glaze....BUT I will enlarge this to 1:6 scale within the next few weeks. I think he looks badass even if in Mego scale!! I think Ape Central needs a new Zaius....right???

Back