Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how you guys have gone all ape! PotA are among the only SSC figures I've ever owned. I collected all kinds of apes with my dad as a kid and have taken possession of them. I decided to cram as much as I could on two shelves in a display case and sell the rest. The Tim Burton stuff and the Hasbro classic stuff got the axe but I was able to squeeze in the SSC, the Medicoms, and the Megos. Sorry for the crummy picture quality, this is in my poorly lit basement and using a camera flash just reflected off the mirrored backing and glass doors. I'm missing three Medicom apes, the Mego jail playset, and the SSC EX Forbidden Zone Taylor but am not sure I should bother anymore. It doesn't look like I have the room for them...

IMG_20140220_194027.jpg

OMG!! Wow those look great TDP!!!!! I have not been able to do anything 1:6 lately. Busy with 1:1 ape work--I have a bunch of ape wigs I need to make so that some apes can look spectacular. Yay. And I need to prepare myself for a convention next Saturday. DOUBLE YAY!! I have not gone ape since 2011. It sure is a long time for me...and I need to be in full ape gear. STAT!! I am kind of nervous about this. Pre-con nerves I guess?

Anyway...sorry my inbox is full--I received an e-mail notification. If anybody needs me, Facebook is easiest to get a hold of me. Or you can send an e-mail to my gmail account: jessicarotich

Excellent collection K07!!

It kind of sucks for me to access Ape Central via my smartphone. It is just too technically advanced and I just don't get it. Ffffffftttttt.

Wow TDP...you got me inspired. As soon as I get these wigs done...I'm cranking out some apes. In 1:6 scale! :hi5:

Hi guys! Sacramento con was totally fun. OMG took 3 hours to get into makeup. But it was worth it...because I just love to get my ape on!! And how ridiculous is this? I got to be Norman Reedus's new girlfriend....and I was his assistant because I had to hold down the memorabilia/photos people were having him sign so he could keep his hand on my left shoulder and sign autographs with his right hand. I got so many bear hugs from him and we took a lot of selfies. I even got to fluff up his hair! Isn't that so hilarious? I kept asking him if my hair was ok and he said it looked fine. I was like, are you sure? He said yeah! And also...he recorded me saying, "watch the walking dead tomorrow night" and posted it on his instagram. And I have never seen an episode of the Walking Dead. hahahhahaha

He wanted to know if I was coming again the next day (Sunday). Ha! :yess: But I did not plan to.

I'm going to print out one of my photos of me and him together and for laughs, I'm going to sign it, "To Norman, with love. Jess." And give it to one of my friends to give to him when they go to one of his conventions. :lol

After all, it's not everyday a chimpette will fluff your hair!

Our selfie. Eat your heart out, Helen!

Double checking our selfies...

This is me on Norman's instagram:

Did anybody see my video on his instagram? CRAZY, right?

And this is how I rolled:

L

Still feeling giddy until all of the excitement dies down. I am just so happy to be in full ape gear! Anything ape related, really but it is so fun to be in ape gear.

Sorry my simian brethren that I've been gone more than here of late.
Alas, it will be up to any of you who still care to help convince NECA to stop excluding the 1:6 collector fanbase.
Instead of address the issue, NECA took the coward's way and simply blocked me from posting on their FB page. They have refused to answer any emails.
Personally, I have never seen a company work SO hard to turn away customers.

I am sorry i have no more fight left in me IM. Ihave learned from first hand experience that toy companies will do what they damn well please. Take the efforts for SS to fix the outfit of their PF Zaius fell on deaf ears. Hot Toys hasn't revisited the apes line. It is just so painful.

While i am saddened that NECA has to create toys that are 7 inches in height, I am excited that their gorillas look better than Hot Toys gorillas. At this point we should just celebrate that there will be new items of the classic apes.

And yeah...I guess it is a moot point that the gorillas look better than Hot Toys because you still can't fit them on top of the existing 1:6 collection. That kind of sucks...but at least I don't have to look at ugly gorillas!!

Last edited:
I emailed and messaged Neca on doing 1:6 Apes. It seems they have ignored me as they did to the rest of us. They didn't block me from posting on the page though but I find that shocking and really unprofessional. That's just ridiculous and isn't right. They should of just emailed back to all of us an just say "NO" Better than ignoring and blocking.

It sucks NECA has decided to treat you this way IM. I just don't have any fight left in me.

If someone from Hot Toys asked you about the apes line, what would you tell them? I would probably ask for Zira and Cornelius. Wouldn't that be cool?

I can dream can't I?

Back