Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys! Aw...I miss Sticks!! Wherever he is, may good fortune smile upon him.

IM---I never considered sculpting over the Hasbro figures...changing out their hair. I think that is an awesome idea and makes them look more decent!!

I am always on the lookout for new sculpting materials/techniques. I bought some magic sculpt awhile back. Worked with it a little today and honestly, IMHO, I prefer Apoxie because you only need water to feather it...and you need some kind of chemical for Magic Sculpt--just FYI in case you wanted to dabble in it...

Been kinda busy and feeling unmotivated.

Jess, you don't need "some kind of chemical"to feather MagicSculpt(unless you consider H2O to be a chemical).I've used it for years, and water will thin it just fine(spit works in a pinch).The only problem with it is the time constraint...PS

So that weird orangutan thing came in the mail today. It's even uglier than in the photos. The head is slightly larger than the SS apes, but it wouldn't look off standing next to them. I was thinking maybe I could use the hair, but it's a really ugly school bus yellow color. I'm going to see what I can do with painting of the face. The body suit comes off buttons on the back. Maybe I can use the body suit for a Conquest Borneo nude Orangutan (from the cage). I think I'm going to shave off the hair and sculpt it.

AB7FF79A-9CD5-45BF-9929-579D388629F6-5373-0000054EEA996AFD_zps568918f4.jpg

EED05FB6-578C-4FE0-A78E-0A67BDFD03B7-5373-0000054EF88DEBD8_zps627a38a3.jpg

0E7BD683-9181-4CCF-960A-4B0F5DB7E815-5373-000005522FC2FC2E_zpscf30242d.jpg

One. Fugly. Orangutan. Time for a make over. Anyone know where I can get loose SS Zaius clothes?

This thread recently marked it's seventh year anniversary last month.

Congratulations to I-man and everyone who has participated in it. It is surprising that it has lasted this long and is still going strong as ever and rarely does it drop off the first page of "General Movies/TV".

Happy Birthday "Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!" Thread!

Michael I know you can sculpt better than that. just sculpt it yourself from now on. do what I do and sculpt over an existing head.

Paul I did not realize you can use water. must try that soon.

I love this thread.

Michael I know you can sculpt better than that. just sculpt it yourself from now on. do what I do and sculpt over an existing head.

Paul I did not realize you can use water. must try that soon.

I love this thread.

That's what I normally do, but I like to see if I can improve on things. I think the head has potential as an elder orangutan with a lot of reworking...and the bodysuit... I have an orangutan figurine (male with cheek pads) that I want to repaint and use with this body suit to make the Borneo orangutan from Conquest, like I mentioned. Just wait, you'll see!

I'm working on 2 different other ape projects at the same time that are 100% me.

I recently found a head that I think will make a MEAN Cornelius Jr. Much better than the Anakin head.

I have to say, I think you're thinking orangutan simply because the maker of that figure dressed it in that horrible getup. I think, facially, he's more fitting as one of the savage apes from Marvel's Terror series. The face screams GORILLA to me. Anyway, had I gotten my hands on him, thats where he was headed. [still can't believe folks bid on him!]

I think, facially, he's more fitting as one of the savage apes from Marvel's Terror series. The face screams GORILLA to me. Anyway, had I gotten my hands on him, thats where he was headed.
Any pics of the Terror apes?

I think he looks more gorilla too, but I simply have so many gorillas at this point, and not a single orangutan (as of yet). I have some ideas...watch.

As I said before, I think he looks more like Stewarts corpse.

Last edited:
Never thought to sculpt that version of Cornelius simply because he's not Roddy . but someone should take you up on that idea!

you are right that ape looks Terror gorilla-like

Alright alright. I'll give the Terror gorilla a shot. Thanks for the pics. Still using the body suit for the Conquest Orangutan, though.

Cornelius-Lite would make a fun sculpt.

This thread recently marked it's seventh year anniversary last month.

Congratulations to I-man and everyone who has participated in it. It is surprising that it has lasted this long and is still going strong as ever and rarely does it drop off the first page of "General Movies/TV".

Happy Birthday "Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!" Thread!

It is nice to see the thread lasting so long and doing so well.
We're actually older than 7. I believe the date at the beginning of the thread is only the date that the thread opened on this version of the board after the mega EZboard meltdown.

Ian plays on this forum too IM, but he no longer enlarges Mego scale to 1:6 scale...it's just too fussy and not always perfect.

Back