Savage Predator 2 Bust Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siccricc

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi All,

I had been after a Predator bust for quite a long time now and just a few days ago finally managed to get myself a Sideshow Savage Predator 2 Legendary Scale bust.

I know this piece was slated quite a lot due to a poor paint job on Sideshow's behalf, however the bust I picked up was a repaint (not done by myself).

I've attached some photos - what do you think? An improvement over the original?

Attachments

• IMG_20170226_092609.jpg
    IMG_20170226_092609.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20170225_114225.jpg
    IMG_20170225_114225.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 127
His crown looks a little redish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Look back in the original thread for this piece, it seems familiar. Agree with others, it is not accurate, but it does look better than the SS paintjob.

I totally agree with you guys. Whilst it is further from the reference paint job than sideshows paint job however, I think aesthetically it looks a lot better - although I've only seen sideshows paint job in photos.

I guess I also take comfort in the fact that the Predator movies have displayed a number of different Predator designs, so whilst this may no longer be a Pred 2, it still fits in with the lore.

I wouldn't worry about the slight colour difference. I had the SS legendary Alien Warrior bust repainted at great cost. It's nothing like I wanted it, (black with brown highlights), but it's still so much better. You still have that statue better than anyone else.

lhs.jpg

I wouldn't worry about the slight colour difference. I had the SS legendary Alien Warrior bust repainted at great cost. It's nothing like I wanted it, (black with brown highlights), but it's still so much better. You still have that statue better than anyone else.

View attachment 327640

Yeh I guess thats true.

PS that paint job looks very nice! - Kinda reminds me of the Dog Alien.

Back